Random Thoughts....

Having strong opinions on the case at hand can get you sent home as well. My mom worked for a defense firm that defended insurance companies years ago and got sent home from jury duty when the case involved a suing an insurance company or something along those lines.

That is a commonly asked question in selecting a jury for a capital murder case. You generally get released from jury duty and sent home, if you are in a death penalty state.
Ah, good. So that's one issue avoided.

On the other hand, if it's a shoplifting case, it's not going to get you out of jury duty. :p
Hmm... I would object to life imprisonment under the "three strikes and you're out rule", so perhaps that would also exclude me.

Wow, and you just visited also. He should of stepped up then, said it to your face.

I know, I know how you feel, that sick feeling of rejection and worthlessness.

Go out to the back 40, shoot some guns, scream at the trees. Let it out, don't bottle it up.

What this man has said.

That really really sucks shirahime, but don't let it get you. We're sorry to hear that.

Last edited:
Captain_70s - While I respect your viewpoint I find it to be very nilhistic and a tad depressing.

As for me, I've had some failed relationships, including one that was distance, but I still believe in love and hope the right woman is out there somewhere.

Reactions: Jay
Hmm... I would object to life imprisonment under the "three strikes and you're out rule", so perhaps that would also exclude me.

There is a standard checklist of questions potential jurors are asked prior to being seated on the jury for a trial in the US. Where life imprisonment is a possibility, potential jurors are asked whether they have philosophical objections to the potential maximum sentence. Those that do are excused.

Occasionally an excused juror is retained for a different trial, but usually they're just sent home instead.

Having strong opinions on the case at hand can get you sent home as well. My mom worked for a defense firm that defended insurance companies years ago and got sent home from jury duty when the case involved a suing an insurance company or something along those lines.

This - conflicts of interest will get you excused from jury service if you are selected for such a case. Again, it's on the standard checklist.

Last edited:
Right, whats the number again for the FG mafia US section?

0-800-S-P-E-C-T-R-E

On a serious note, Shirahime, any guy who breaks up with someone over mail/text whatever like this realy isen't worth the tears you shed for him.

You're fucking awesome, and don't ever forget it.

Thank you everyone for your messages. Of course being the emotional powder keg I am right now I'm bawling like a small child with a grazed knee at them. I feel like I've had a part of me surgically removed without my consent. Which really is quite true 'cause I had nothing to do with this. He barely spoke to me about "us" even though he said (eventually after I got him on skype) he'd been thinking about it a lot. Of course the whole distance thing had crossed my mind but I'm either too stubborn/ignorant/or just plain stupid to acknowledge it. I haven't felt this bad since me friend Matt died nearly 5 years ago.

So of course I give him the screaming/howling shit, the evil mercenary looking-right-through-you gaze then I started getting short with him. I told him if he wanted to remain friends that's fine by me but the balls in his court if he wants to do that. I also had to get in there that I've bought him 3 Xmas pressies up to now.

What's killing me right now is the fact that he's not part of me anymore. I will quite possibly go insane if I see him with another woman. I told him I love him. Even though the excuses he gave me were nowt but bullshit in me eyes. Obviously in my eyes it would be, maybe not everyone elses but each to their own.

So now I think I might go talk to me sister, then cosy up with Nathan Drake seeing as I got uncharted 3 this morning.

And piss, must piss I got a bladder like a feckin' bottle cap.

Thank you again everyone for your messages. I love you all for your kindness. <3 (An' I'll get round to answering them pm's I got, just after I go toilet toilet toilet... >_< )

Sorry to hear that Shirahime. I've got a friend that went through the exact same thing. Guess departure makes things really tough...

Well, if someone expects a relationship to make bring him/her happiness at all times, he or she is just a selfish little stupid git. Nothing in the world can bring that and to expect it from a partner is at least bordering on egomania.
I am aware of that. My point is love statistically brings more misery than it does happiness, yet it is generally portrayed to be the opposite. I tend to be wary with that sort of thing, it can be massively destructive if not treat with respect.
Lightning Count said:
Captain_70s - While I respect your viewpoint I find it to be very nilhistic and a tad depressing.
Understandable, I hear that a lot.

I tend to see things more as shades of grey and as black and white, if that makes sense. With things as complicated as love and relationships it all gets very blurred, thin lines and all that... I don't like things that aren't grounded in fact, feelings are complicated and cause me a great deal of confusion! :lol:

I really do hope the situation can be talked through properly. Simply being dropped by e-mail or text or even face to face is such an awful way of doing things, when in reality there is a real chance of a soloution if bother people want it enough. is there really no way you could be together more as the distance seems to be the most major contributor to the problems? :(

Thank you everyone for your messages. Of course being the emotional powder keg I am right now I'm bawling like a small child with a grazed knee at them. I feel like I've had a part of me surgically removed without my consent. Which really is quite true 'cause I had nothing to do with this. He barely spoke to me about "us" even though he said (eventually after I got him on skype) he'd been thinking about it a lot. Of course the whole distance thing had crossed my mind but I'm either too stubborn/ignorant/or just plain stupid to acknowledge it. I haven't felt this bad since me friend Matt died nearly 5 years ago.
Do NOT even for one second contemplate that thought or even give it a mere moment of taking root. You're human, you'll make mistakes and you learn from them. No one thinks of you as being stupid and you shouldn't either. Don't ever put this down as being your own fault. Its his and his alone.
What's killing me right now is the fact that he's not part of me anymore. I will quite possibly go insane if I see him with another woman. I told him I love him. Even though the excuses he gave me were nowt but bullshit in me eyes. Obviously in my eyes it would be, maybe not everyone elses but each to their own.
Thats very much the case when a relationship begins to go south. you start looking at tomorrow and what should have been or what will now be. don't think about that too much. Just as he will move on. so will you. The wheels of time and fate move us all in different directions.
So now I think I might go talk to me sister, then cosy up with Nathan Drake seeing as I got uncharted 3 this morning.
Dammit, i forgot that was out. If it wasn't for Battlefield 3 taking up my time i'd be playing that.
Thank you again everyone for your messages. I love you all for your kindness. <3
You're welcome and we're all here for you if you should need us.

My point is love statistically brings more misery than it does happiness, yet it is generally portrayed to be the opposite.

Now you're just...well, being yourself, so I'm not going to fight your numbing fog of nihilism. That shit doesn't seem to respond to anything this forum can do. Back to the point, :comfort: Shirahime.

:hug: Shirahime.

Also:
Now you're just...well, being yourself, so I'm not going to fight your numbing fog of nihilism. That shit doesn't seem to respond to anything this forum can do.

Quoted for truth.

Now you're just...well, being yourself, so I'm not going to fight your numbing fog of nihilism. That shit doesn't seem to respond to anything this forum can do.

HAHAHAHA

Also, I am in SF. I will gladly kill my evil twin for you, shirahime.

Understandable, I hear that a lot.

Understand this: You are 19 fucking years old and are literally filled with unbelievable potential for greatness, yet it is if you want you mope and dwell on the negative, as if your life is now determined for the next X amount of years. I have experienced both the greatest and lowest points that love can offer, and I still believe it in fully.

Georgette, you will find love again, you will be in love again. And when you do, it will be a blazing, incomprehensible love that makes you dizzy just thinking of it, and I promise it will get better, but for right now you have got to feel that pain. Don't deny it.
That hole in you right now will fill in again, that numb feeling will eventually be replaced. But it will take time, and as we know all things human take time. Take those horrible feelings and make something positive out of it. The days and weeks after I was told by the EX that she wanted a divorce I photographed some of my best pictures ever.

This. Half the time I read his posts and something like this song comes to mind.

That, or he's one of these:
eeyore61_5881.jpg

Understand this: You are 19 fucking years old and are literally filled with unbelievable potential for greatness, yet it is if you want you mope and dwell on the negative, as if your life is now determined for the next X amount of years. I have experienced both the greatest and lowest points that love can offer, and I still believe it in fully.

Georgette, you will find love again, you will be in love again. And when you do, it will be a blazing, incomprehensible love that makes you dizzy just thinking of it, and I promise it will get better, but for right now you have got to feel that pain. Don't deny it.
That hole in you right now will fill in again, that numb feeling will eventually be replaced. But it will take time, and as we know all things human take time. Take those horrible feelings and make something positive out of it. The days and weeks after I was told by the EX that she wanted a divorce I photographed some of my best pictures ever.

Great words, Jay. You don't mind if I share them with my broken hearted friend?

I've been unlucky in finding work and unlucky in finding love. I have never let either one stop me or convince me its all useless. It's all confidence and the will to go out there. Life was never meant to be easy and it will knock you down. The difference is how long it takes for you to get back up, grab it by the throat and kick it in the balls.