Random Thoughts....

Hugs are needed though.
Have some of these.

calvin.gif

Not happy. I wanna barf.

:hug: Been there, done that. It sucks donkey balls, big time. Hang in there, the hurt lessens with time.

That's bad for you, maybe even for both of you. But I am going to swin against the flow here and state that I get his reasoning. Seeing your partner only two or three times a year can be hard emotionally - I think it would slowly kill me. I can even understand that he only came to this conclusion in the lonelieness of you being gone after the visit.
Still, he should have had the balls to tell it to you to your face, even if only by video chat.

Moral of the story:

Harsh, but at the same time very reasonable. Truth hurts too.

I suspect the recent crash (a couple of days ago, wasn't it?) made him re-evaluate. When you have a traumatic experience and you're in a relationship, it's only natural to want your partner there to (if nothing else) help you deal with the aftermath. If they can't be there, weelll... :dunno:

That's part of why long distance relationships don't work out in the main and in the long run. This relationship could probably still be salvaged, but one of the parties involved would have to emigrate to the other's country.

Still, he should have callled or videochatted you.

QFT.

Massively sorry to hear that Shirahime, really hope there is some sort of happy ending to your situation. :(

FTFY

I've never seen true, long term happiness come from a relationship. People are not wired that way, the fact the brain lies to us about that makes it all the more shit. The variables and chances of meeting somebody compatible enough are just too slim, statistics dictate a high rate of failure. Not saying that true love can't happen, just that it probably won't.

But then you end up in the situation where you love somebody and want to be with them and can't, at most you see them a few weeks a year when you both want to see each other almost everyday, the person you desperately want to be there is never actually there. A nasty situation which sucks for both parties, how long can you last if you feel that way?
Relationships have an important physical aspect, and I'm not talking about sex, I mean just being together face to face is important.

It's all a horrible, complicated mess, a massive balancing act. I hate the very idea of love, it genuinely pisses me off with its promises of happiness and fails to deliver so often and people end up getting hurt.
Part of me really wish I had somebody special, but another is really glad I don't, when you hear about things like this it sounds like it just isn't worth it in the end.

And once again you use someone else's pain as an excuse to start talking about your own problems. Way to go, Captain. I wouldn't worry about love and happiness. People as self-absorbed as you don't tend to attract people very often.

You guys need to work out a UK meet and have some fun. Do some cheering up in person :D

And once again you use someone else's pain as an excuse to start talking about your own problems. Way to go, Captain. I wouldn't worry about love and happiness. People as self-absorbed as you don't tend to attract people very often.

It pains my to say it but Captain70s, MWF is right on this one. I wouldn't call you self absorbed but I do think however that a change in attitude (and maybe a new haircut) will go leaps and bounds for you. Cheer up. Life isn't always going to go exactly as you planned, yes we'll all have our dark periods every so often but it doesn't always have to be like that.

Reactions: MWF
It's Winter, or very nearly. Nobody dares go anywhere in Winter in the UK, in case a centimetre of snow falls and the country closes down as a result.
as well as if someone trips and falls on your driveway it is usually followed up by an injury compensation claim.

Ah November. 40 km winds and sideways rain here in Starfield.

It's Winter, or very nearly. Nobody dares go anywhere in Winter in the UK, in case a centimetre of snow falls and the country closes down as a result.
But I love the snow. A FG snowball-fight-snowman-building-whatever would be great! Of course, it's now not going to snow at all :(

But I love the snow. A FG snowball-fight-snowman-building-whatever would be great! Of course, it's now not going to snow at all :(

It'll snow all right, but by the time we organised anything it would all have melted! ;)

and hot chocolate afterward!

I'd love to go to a place where it snows, I think I'd like to experience that kind of magical Christmas you only ever see in the movies.

and hot chocolate afterward!

I'd love to go to a place where it snows, I think I'd like to experience that kind of magical Christmas you only ever see in the movies.

Magical Christmases only happen in the movies. In the real world it's fighting, farting and fiscal meltdown. :p

Then you're in the wrong country :tease: (and there's probably another month or so until ski resorts start to open, apart from those that are open year round).

My office building installed new, water conservation, flush handles on the toilets. There are placards behind the toilets with instructions on how to use the new handles, they say to raise the flush handle up for "low-flow flushing" or push the handle down for full flushing.

Someone covered the instructions with new instructions that simply says "Up for 1, down for 2".

UP
DOWN

:p

Do we really need to do this anymore?

[video=youtube;84aWtseb2-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84aWtseb2-4&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Yes. We tried this in the late 60s early 70s it did not work then and it will not work now. This is a delibrate distraction by the government away from all their stupidity.

Shirahime

Have you even noticed that you look like Alex, well a bit?

a74ac85dbb3595834b150255f54b273b.jpg

Yes. We tried this in the late 60s early 70s it did not work then and it will not work now. This is a delibrate distraction by the government away from all their stupidity.

Have to disagree. Road casualties and energy use would be reduced if we joined CET plus we would be doing business in the same hours as Europe and would likely achieve more. Trouble is they will insist on asking the opinion of the Scots who will say no. Scotland wants so much to be fucking independent, let them stick to GMT/BST if they like. There are 6 (?) time zones across America and they seem to manage OK with it.