Random Thoughts....

I adore Stevie Wonder, his version of We Can Work It Out is FAR SUPERIOR than the Beatles version. So much so it is one of me drunken karaoke songs.

Now excuse me while I go outside stark bollock naked, an' thrash meself wi' branches to cleanse the McCartney thoughts out of me. Bleh.

Speaking of music critics, I just stumbled across this... interesting... observation by my honored colleague Jan Wigger

"He who, after a quarter century of Blind Guardian still has not realized that all their album artworks look the same is the kind of person who buys Edguy albums and cheats on his girlfriend with that smelly chick (Mandy, Valery, whatever, that slut in the Avantasia shirt) from last year's Wacken Open Air."

Actually, yes, I am a music critic (or was, quit that shit job years ago) and I always thought Lennon was the better song writer of the two. Oh, and if you take all fab four one has to add Harrisson to the "better songwriters than McCartney" list, I think.

That's not to say he did not write some brilliant tunes. But the same is also true of Soundgarden's Chris Cornell, who still sucked 99% of the time.

I wasn't saying McCartney was the best song writer in the Beatles (he was third). I was just defending McCartney because I happened to use Lennon/McCartney as high water mark to judge Adele's song writing ability and point out how unfairly she was being judged on a early effort.

Never like the Beatles, always more of a Chuck Berry, Beach Boys, Bill Haley and his Comets, and Buddy Holly fan.

If someone says they'll buy my laptop (its on craigslist) but its "for a friend overseas" and says they'll put it in my paypal account immediately...is that a scam?

I say yes it is a scam but would you know?

Always google his/her emails, sometimes it may be copied and pasted straight from another scam. I've almost fallen into this trap twice.

And I never cared for John Lennon's songwriting; the lyrics are too cynical for my tastes.

If someone says they'll buy my laptop (its on craigslist) but its "for a friend overseas" and says they'll put it in my paypal account immediately...is that a scam?

I say yes it is a scam but would you know?
Take the money out of your paypal account before sending the laptop out.

Always google his/her emails, sometimes it may be copied and pasted straight from another scam. I've almost fallen into this trap twice.

It was sent in a text message from augusta georgia according to googling.

I'll google the text though.

Take the money out of your paypal account before sending the laptop out.

I don't have any money there although it's linked to my checking account as a backup source.

Im not going to do it. The english is just broken enough (and the story implausible enough-a "new years gift" really?) That im having 2nd thoughts.

Last edited:
I don't have any money there although it's linked to my checking account as a backup source.
What I meant was: Wait till they transferred the money for the laptop into your account, then clear the account, then send out the laptop.

What I meant was: Wait till they transferred the money for the laptop into your account, then clear the account, then send out the laptop.

Or alternately, since paypal accounts are free, just create a 'burner' one for this transaction that isn't linked to any bank accounts, and clear it by having paypal mail you a check.

Or alternately, since paypal accounts are free, just create a 'burner' one for this transaction that isn't linked to any bank accounts, and clear it by having paypal mail you a check.

If this woman who's local doesn't get back to me i'll seriously consider it.

She's still better than [insert overproduced multi-million-dollar pop star here, general bitching about the state of the modern music industry, a preference for 1970s classic and prog rock, and general disdain for 90% of the local population]!

So despite Mr.Rong's efficient conversation compressor, we're still doing this...oh well.

Or that one duet he did with Michael Jackson...

just sicked up in me mouth a little...

The man just needs to be shot. :|

oh you did NOT just said that. Say say say is an awesome song.

For the 2 of you who still live under a rock.

[video=youtube;aLEhh_XpJ-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEhh_XpJ-0[/video]

I've written most of my Master's thesis in just that close-to-the-deadline time... much of my BSc one as well, now that I think about it :lol:
I think they teach this method of finishing tasks and no other at universities worldwide.

People. I want to ask you all for a favour.

I have a big exam two days away. Tomorrow will be enormous cramming session day. I must not get distracted. If any of you see me on FG tomorrow, I want you to spam me with Justin Bieber pictures via PM. It doesn't have to be that. It can be worse. Gay Pron, G0atse, even Lemonparty.

Also, don't search for Lemonparty if you don't know what it is.

Please, please promise to do this. It would mean the world.

We promise.

Now go the fuck to bed!

Someone ban this asshole for the next 48 hours.

Gerontozoonecrophilia it is.

Don't even know if there's such a thing, just put 3 weird philias together.

I love you guys. +raep for everyone.

Exam's over, but I have another one tomorrow. So yeah, I still shouldn't be on FG. But I am, just to post this and for the raep. Then I'll go. Honest. :unsure:

I love you guys. +raep for everyone.

Exam's over, but I have another one tomorrow. So yeah, I still shouldn't be on FG. But I am, just to post this and for the raep. Then I'll go. Honest. :unsure:

aKe2I.gif

Glad to be of service. Hope you feel it went well, good luck tomorrow and we await the results.

One more thing. I found the watch I want at the shop's eBay page, but I don't know German well enough to read all the included details. I more or less figured out the watch info based on the Xen website, but I'm not sure about the return policy. They do have a 100% positive rating based on 904 reviews. Can someone have a look at it and tell me that its all good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Stunden-...soires_Uhren_Armbanduhren&hash=item231585ca87

You can return the watch within 30 days after you have received it. The seller seems good to me and if you pay through paypal, you get the ebay buyer protection.

If this woman who's local doesn't get back to me i'll seriously consider it.

While selling the Saab we came across quite a few people who said stuff like this (although it was really obvious they were scamming with what they were saying). We looked into it, and there was something along the lines of payments through Paypal aren't guaranteed without an official 'item dispatched' notice, like you get through eBay. As a result they send you the money, pick it up and then complain you did a runner, and get their money back.

I don't know exactly what your situation is, but that's what we found. Obviously as I say the correspondence was obvious with this one; more than 10 different names in exactly the same format email. :lol:

I adore Stevie Wonder, his version of We Can Work It Out is FAR SUPERIOR than the Beatles version. So much so it is one of me drunken karaoke songs.
Much as I love a lot of Stevie Wonder's work, I really don't like that at all. Way too "disco" for my liking. Writing "Tears of a Clown", which might be my favourite song of all time, means I can forgive him, but I still don't like it.

Now excuse me while I go outside stark bollock naked, an' thrash meself wi' branches to cleanse the McCartney thoughts out of me. Bleh.
This Thread Is Useless... etc.

Speaking of music critics, I just stumbled across this... interesting... observation by my honored colleague Jan Wigger
No relation.

Last edited:
oh you did NOT just said that. Say say say is an awesome song.

For the 2 of you who still live under a rock.

Well I was thinking more of The Girl Is Mine, but I'm not a fan of Say Say Say either. Back when I lived in Edinburgh I pretty much went clubbing every other night an' it was the same year that the Hi_Tack (Klubbheads) remix of Say Say Say came out. That remix was played to DEATH an' it just made me hate it even more.