Random Thoughts....

Quick update on what I've been up to.
Job continues to go well. Busy at times and then goes dead quiet but for the most part it's a lot of fun and gotten to know the other staff pretty well over time as well.
Now for the really cool stuff. The site that I launched last year called Cosplay Nation has really taken off. I got to go to the London Super Comic Con last weekend where I met Dan Slott (current writer of Spider-Man), Neal Adams (artist of Batman in the 70's), John Wagner (co-creator of Judge Dredd and got to talk about the Dredd film with him) and Ron Marz (writer for witchblade and creator of Green Lantern Kyle Rayber). On top of that I found out how extraordinarily popular my site is with the cosplayers and photographers, all who really wanted to meet me.
Each time I introduced myself as from Cosplay Nation it was immediately followed by hugs (which was a bit awkward at times since some of the cosplayers who wanted hugging were in nothing but spandex or rubber). Because of this I've decided to start heavily pushing Cosplay Nation. I've got the site as a sponsor for a local comic con and on top of that the President of Top Cow comics, Matt Hawkins is now following my work on twitter. This is on top of many writers and artists for Marvel and DC being fans of the site.
Having found myself a little niche to do well in (and something I'm really proud of the work I do) I'm making sure now that 2013 isn't going to be just good, it's going to be soectacular.

I demand interviews now!

Quick update on what I've been up to.
Job continues to go well. Busy at times and then goes dead quiet but for the most part it's a lot of fun and gotten to know the other staff pretty well over time as well.
Now for the really cool stuff. The site that I launched last year called Cosplay Nation has really taken off. I got to go to the London Super Comic Con last weekend where I met Dan Slott (current writer of Spider-Man), Neal Adams (artist of Batman in the 70's), John Wagner (co-creator of Judge Dredd and got to talk about the Dredd film with him) and Ron Marz (writer for witchblade and creator of Green Lantern Kyle Rayber). On top of that I found out how extraordinarily popular my site is with the cosplayers and photographers, all who really wanted to meet me.
Each time I introduced myself as from Cosplay Nation it was immediately followed by hugs (which was a bit awkward at times since some of the cosplayers who wanted hugging were in nothing but spandex or rubber). Because of this I've decided to start heavily pushing Cosplay Nation. I've got the site as a sponsor for a local comic con and on top of that the President of Top Cow comics, Matt Hawkins is now following my work on twitter. This is on top of many writers and artists for Marvel and DC being fans of the site.
Having found myself a little niche to do well in (and something I'm really proud of the work I do) I'm making sure now that 2013 isn't going to be just good, it's going to be soectacular.

Dude, sounds like you're having a hell of a 2013! Congrats!

(You will be on the Graham Norton Show before you know it.)

I'm surprised he wasn't on that episode of Graham Norton where he had a TARDIS mock-up made and when someone got in it, a lift truck appeared and drove them to the studio.

Seriously, though, Jedd - congratulations!

My tour of British Columbia continues as I whore myself throughout the province locuming in various areas to determine where I'll finally plant some muthafuckin' roots, yo.

4 weeks of Sunshine Coast are down.
Now it's a 4 day conference in Victoria, followed by 4 weeks in the east, then west Kootenays.

I need a conjugal visit from my wife bad.

Opening up a can of worms here, but what are the top three smartphones available today? iPhone 5, Nexus 4, and?

Well, the next gen of Android smartphones (Xperia Z, HTC One, SGS4) is either just released or a couple weeks away from release. They bring full HD screens and DPI numbers around the 450 mark to the table.

Opening up a can of worms here, but what are the top three smartphones available today? iPhone 5, Nexus 4, and?

At the moment, in the US Market:

iPhone 5, Nexus 4 and Galaxy S 3/Galaxy Note II...although I'd argue that the HTC Droid DNA (HTC Butterfly) and LG's Optimus G series are also good contenders.

Like Adunaphel said, the new HTC One has been announced, Sony's got the Xperia Z, LG's announced a new Optimus handset at MWC this past week, and later in March it's expected that we'll see a new Galaxy S4.

Welp, scratch that. Tried to fix my iPhone and it turned into one of the hardest tasks I've ever set myself to performing. In the end, I broke it even further. :cry:

Since I've been meaning to get a new phone, I think I'll stick with the iPhone 5 - I just upgraded mine to 6 after holding out for 5 months, and downloaded a ton of apps that I'd like to keep consistent. It doesn't seem too expensive, and since all the components of my phone are still in good working condition I'll be recycling it. Yep! That's how I justify being a consumer whore (and how)!

Can you mail me the Apple stickers when you do? I may have a use for them. :shifty:

Four days a week I eat Nissin ramen noodles with water because I am very poor. On Friday though, I go all out. I order a small personal pan pizza, sausage and mushroom (DEAL WITH IT, I DON"T GIVE A SHIT YOU DON"T LIKE EITHER), from Sarpinos Pizzeria along with a can of Coca Cola brought from home. They have a special from 11 am to 1 pm, for the aforementioned pizza it is only $4.99, normally $9.99. I call it my Sarpinos Experience??. I call in at the exact same time, recite the same words, stand in the same place while on the phone.
It has also been rumored that if I do not eat Sarpinos on Friday the whole world will collapse upon itself, so you can imagine the burden I have with the fate of trillions of life forms depending on me to continue their existence for another week.

But today, today will be the ULTIMATE SARPINOS EXPERIENCE. For today, I am not just bringing in a mere ordinary can of Coca Cola, but a bottle of Mexican Coke, made with sugar not HFCS. I have been looking forward to this all week.

You know, it's the small things that just make you smile :D

Enjoy!

Reactions: Jay

Enjoy!

Agreed. Simple pleasures that cost little or nothing often bring the biggest reward.

Reactions: Jay

Enjoy!

It is, I am kind of English in that sense. Like right now, I am drinking my Chai with just the right amount of sugar and milk and towards the end it gets really spicy...I love that.

Agreed. Simple pleasures that cost little or nothing often bring the biggest reward.

When living in a deficit, I learned that quickly. Soon I will be in the black, but I am going to continue my simpler lifestyle.

Last edited:
When times get harder it's often amazing what you don't miss and what you learn to appreciate. Once you get over that you realise there is a certain amount of truth in the idea that money doesn't buy happiness.