Random Thoughts....

Way to go - as stated by Spectre some major stars of today started in this sort of small way!

My advice - Network, network, network - get to know as many people as possible and make sure they know you'll turn up at short notice anywhere in the country. May get a fill in for someone who dropped out - always be reliable too. Obvious really.

Was the date good at least?

It was, but it took me over an hour and a half to get home when it would've taken only about an hour via the Underground + walking to/from stations. And he only lives about 8 miles away from me. Damn cities.

Brother dragged me out of the house to go see a rally event, and since I was not aware the temperature was hovering right around 30 degrees Celsius in the shade, I wore skinny jeans.

Boy, was that not the biggest error I've ever made. I can't feel my limbs.

I bet you looked fabulous ;)

I looked like a bald horse in a heat chamber.

Fucking unreliable tube network... I now have to take two buses instead of the tube to get home from a date because of "faulty track" or something and it's going to take me at least twice as long. :mad:

You were a bit unlucky there with a breakdown, LT don't normally have planned closures on a saturday night because it is so busy.

The Tube is over a hundred years old, so it does breakdown sometimes which IS annoying but understandable. I have seen a few of these: BBC TV - The Tube which gives the history, which I found intersting. At first, they used steam trains underground until the electric ones were invented. Now that must have been horrible.

:smile:

I was just trying to get from Hammersmith back home to Angel... Got there fine via tube, but the "faulty track" was on the Hammersmith & City/Central line between Hammersmith and Baker Street, and the Piccadilly and District lines had planned closures all weekend there. So yeah, no real other option but to take the bus unless I wanted to shell out ??? for a cab.

EDIT: Actually was a faulty train stuck at Edgware Road according to the TubeUpdates twitter, not faulty track.

Last edited:
I was just trying to get from Hammersmith back home to Angel... Got there fine via tube, but the "faulty track" was on the Hammersmith & City/Central line between Hammersmith and Baker Street, and the Piccadilly and District lines had planned closures all weekend there. So yeah, no real other option but to take the bus unless I wanted to shell out ??? for a cab.

EDIT: Actually was a faulty train stuck at Edgware Road according to the TubeUpdates twitter, not faulty track.

Wait, Hammersmith? Your date didn't resemble a spaniel by any chance, did he?

coco has a coco accent.

Holy crap, I just found the holy grail of toilets at COTA. Looks like a door that's not open to the public, so it's not slammed. Big stalls. And none of that auto-flush nonsense--there's a real dang handle to push.

NUMBER TWO, GREAT SUCCESS!

Aw, that was unlucky!

The Hammersmith & City is a bit crap anyway, it may have been an "incident" like a fight or a jumper. (Stupid having closures on the Piccadilly & District Lines on saturday night, very poor decision.)

Covent Garden & Leicester Sq. are better places to meet up, with lots of options for getting home afterward.

Wait, Hammersmith? Your date didn't resemble a spaniel by any chance, did he?

:lol:

No, he wasn't James May. :p

:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
coco has a coco accent.

Holy crap, I just found the holy grail of toilets at COTA. Looks like a door that's not open to the public, so it's not slammed. Big stalls. And none of that auto-flush nonsense--there's a real dang handle to push.

NUMBER TWO, GREAT SUCCESS!

So, how do the Mercedes sound? Are they really as amazing as the V8 Supercars broadcast guys say?

Had a couple of severe thunderstorms roll through last night. Surveying the damage this morning around the house: Damaged aluminum trim and vinyl siding, lots of twigs, sticks and a couple limbs down. One limb landed on a gate on the fence around the backyard, bending it and a pole. Probably all less than my deductible. Bugger.

Had a couple of severe thunderstorms roll through last night. Surveying the damage this morning around the house: Damaged aluminum trim and vinyl siding, lots of twigs, sticks and a couple limbs down. One limb landed on a gate on the fence around the backyard, bending it and a pole. Probably all less than my deductible. Bugger.

I drove through that storm on my way back from Chicago last night. Literally the heaviest rain I've ever seen. Some dipshit was driving without his lights on and nearly got rear-ended by a state trooper.