Random Thoughts....

We’ve ended the war on beautiful, clean coal and it’s just been announced that a second, brand-new coal mine, where they’re going to take out clean coal — meaning, they’re taking out coal. They’re going to clean it — is opening in the state of Pennsylvania, the second one.

According to the Cheeto-in-Chief we need to hire more people to bathe the coal. Gaasc, how are you with a sponge and bucket?

Blind_Io;n3545224 said:
According to the Cheeto-in-Chief we need to hire more people to bathe the coal. Gaasc, how are you with a sponge and bucket?

I will make that coal the cleanest coal in the history of coal, just nice...clean coal. Believe me, you'll never see coal as clean as my clean coal. Just the best, I tell ya.

gaasc;n3545230 said:
I will make that coal the cleanest coal in the history of coal, just nice...clean coal. Believe me, you'll never see coal as clean as my clean coal. Just the best, I tell ya.
A "believe me" and an "I tell ya"? That means your facts are the true alternative, right?

Holy smokes, 20 days without a post in this thread?!

No, I have a problem with waiting. Which is odd because I'm told I have a lot of patience. Most can't hear the internal monologue. :)

Fine, here's one.

Why in the name of Jesus tapdancing Christ do people who live in a state prone to snow seem to have such a problem understanding that snow on the roof will end up blinding them when they stop? Yesterday the freeway was backed up because some Mensa member didn't clear a foot of snow off his roof, when he stopped for traffic it predictably slid onto his windscreen and blinded him. Last I saw him, he was stopped in the middle of the interstate and refused to move or get out of his car to clear the windshield off. He was flailing one hand out the window while still strapped to his seat. Fuckwit, you can barely reach the wing mirror, you aren't going to clear your car like that.

I saw this same thing happen a half dozen times throughout the day.

That I don’t get. The refrigerator sized brick on the roof is an ignorant move.

I had a Lyft driver last week give no regard to the snowy weather. At least 5-10 mph over the speed limit.

Blind_Io;n3546470 said:
Fine, here's one.

Why in the name of Jesus tapdancing Christ do people who live in a state prone to snow seem to have such a problem understanding that snow on the roof will end up blinding them when they stop? Yesterday the freeway was backed up because some Mensa member didn't clear a foot of snow off his roof, when he stopped for traffic it predictably slid onto his windscreen and blinded him. Last I saw him, he was stopped in the middle of the interstate and refused to move or get out of his car to clear the windshield off. He was flailing one hand out the window while still strapped to his seat. Fuckwit, you can barely reach the wing mirror, you aren't going to clear your car like that.

I saw this same thing happen a half dozen times throughout the day.

Forgive the ignorance of somebody who has only ever seen snow once (and a very light fall at that), but can windscreen wipers not clear it away?

Last edited:
Usually the wipers are buried under a couple of inches of snow when that happens and you'll just burn the motors if you try.

stiggie;n3546497 said:
Forgive the ignorance of somebody who has only ever seen snow once (and a very light fall at that), but can windscreen wipers not clear it away?

Not when the entire roof area of a car is 12" deep with hard or wet (heavy) snow. They just don't have the power to move that much weight. For small amounts, they do okay, but not this kind of volume.

stiggie;n3546497 said:

Oh sweet summer child...

There’s a post somewhere with a recording of icebone speaking that... :)

The club attached to our office is on fire. Whole office filled with smoke. Half day? *sigh* No.