Random Thoughts....

I cant help but wonder if you have to be 21+ to buy non-alcoholic beer in pennsylvania. (or other states for that matter)

I tried selling my old Xbox on Craigslist, had no luck. I got one person interested who then changed their mind and said they were buying something else. I gave up.

I haven't sold anything on Ebay before, because it costs money to list things there and then there's also the evil of Paypal...I pay through it but I'd prefer to not be paid by Paypal because my money might disappear or something.

Yah. I just got another offer. I'm hoping it's legit this time. Just have to wait for his reply.....

Last edited:
This is post #666. Although, really, I should have mentioned something about this 50 posts ago, but I like when my post count is all one number. \o/

Should have saved it for tomorrow, Friday the 13th.

What is with all the Beatles hate?

Whether you like them or not, they shaped the course of modern music for years. They introduced new instruments and sounds to rock and roll and they brought in influences from indian music. They experimented with new musical styles and pre-empted the creation of entire genres. They constantly adapted themselves, not following trends, but leading them.

What is with all the Beatles hate?

Whether you like them or not, they shaped the course of modern music for years. They introduced new instruments and sounds to rock and roll and they brought in influences from indian music. They experimented with new musical styles and pre-empted the creation of entire genres. They constantly adapted themselves, not following trends, but leading them.

Nobody's saying they weren't influential, but there's a difference between being innovative and being enjoyable. Some people just don't find the latter.

I don't doubt that there are people who don't like them. Its the people who are saying they are over-rated I think are talking out of their arses. :lol:

I don't doubt that there are people who don't like them. Its the people who are saying they are over-rated I think are talking out of their arses. :lol:

Well, when you say that you're bigger than Jesus, it kinda leaves the field open. :p

Well, when you say that you're bigger than Jesus, it kinda leaves the field open. :p
Ron Nasty once was accused of claiming The Rutles were "Bigger than God".

Hi - back from Euro Disney and a virus attack. Kids enjoyed themselves anyhow - bloody expensive though, I prefer Florida but the Mrs will not fly (Well only on her broom at a full moon :lol:).

Blasting Peace sells... at full volume in a desperate bid to a) get "Hey Jude" out of my system and b) wake up and go to work.

Also, I just saw that the first episode of "The Finder" (which had a fine backdoor pilot during Bones' last season) is on eztv.

I am fine with the Beatles, but I really despise the Rolling Stones.
There, I said it.

I don't have a problem with the Beatles' work, per se. It's music I just don't happen to like.

What gets my goat is how much they are put on pedestals and revered above all others at a time when there were so many ground-breaking and influential artists around. So many people seem to have taken Lennon's claim that they were bigger than Jesus and taken it to heart. Still if you think about the fact that on hearing the news of Elvis' death Frank Zappa is purported to have said "Great career move" it's no small wonder that Lennon and McCartney are similarly adored, one having been shot and the other widowed.

Hi - back from Euro Disney and a virus attack. Kids enjoyed themselves anyhow - bloody expensive though, I prefer Florida but the Mrs will not fly (Well only on her broom at a full moon :lol:).

:dance: welcome back!

The Police ALL the way. "My" first band, starting at the tender age of four! And thirty years later, I ended up working really closely with Sting's eldest son's band for several years (after having shot them opening for The Police on the reunion tour). So strange how things work out.

No a bit better than that, I prefer them to the Beatles but some L&McC songs done by cover artists are better than their versions.

I like 'paint it black' very much fits well with the Vietnam War (US TV prog a while ago featured it). Honky Tonk Women is good too as is most of the singles, a lot of their album stuff I can not stand though. I have seen them live but it was in their huge venue period so I think it was not as good as it could be.

Last edited:
OK. Beethoven sucked donkeys balls, Mozart was a plagiarist and Tchaikovsky had a penchant for little boys.

I can't believe what I'm hearing. Who are you lot going to decide was over-rated crap next... Led Zeppelin?
I think we are all entitled to opinions, and to express them, yours could have been a little less strident I think. I personally hate people who 'play the man' and not the 'ball'. ...