Random Thoughts....

Tons of idiots like that here. We don't normally get the kind of biblical downpours like I've experienced in the States but on a grey day with grey skies on grey tarmac roads, limited visibility and until recently the most popular colour for cars being silver and grey it's quite frightening the number of dipshits driving along not aware that they are, to all intents and purposes, almost totally invisible.

Tons of idiots like that here. We don't normally get the kind of biblical downpours like I've experienced in the States but on a grey day with grey skies on grey tarmac roads, limited visibility and until recently the most popular colour for cars being silver and grey it's quite frightening the number of dipshits driving along not aware that they are, to all intents and purposes, almost totally invisible.

It was, in fact, a grey volvo 240 XD

Most recent one I noticed was a grey SAAB. Guess you have to be lobotomised before you can buy a Swedish car.

I know ear plugs solve a lot of problems, but damnit they are annoying to sleep with every night.

I never understand that. Why would someone not turn their headlights on when its raining?

My almost four year old said this yesterday when I was putting him in the car.

"Its raining. Need to turn the lights on"

So easy a 3.75 year old knows it.

So, how do the Mercedes sound? Are they really as amazing as the V8 Supercars broadcast guys say?

Oh my gosh, YES! They were kind of slow, but their owner (who was seriously cool--and her hair matched Fluffy Bunny!) said they had all of four days to test...where the other teams all had 60-80 days. So, I guess that explains the gap. :lol:

Everyone was comparing those cars to old F1 cars all weekend. They. Were. Loud. And higher pitched. And pretty much...yessss. Coolest looking cars, too. More angular. Less bar of soap with a big wing. Also, the chrome wrap > *.

My almost four year old said this yesterday when I was putting him in the car.

"Its raining. Need to turn the lights on"

So easy a 3.75 year old knows it.

Probably just comes down to education. I'm sure you've said something to your little boy about turning lights on when its raining and he's taken it into memory. I know there are signs here in Missouri along the highways that read, "Lights on when wipers required". But the type of person that doesn't turn their lights on are the same type that won't read a warning sign.

Probably just comes down to education. I'm sure you've said something to your little boy about turning lights on when its raining and he's taken it into memory. I know there are signs here in Missouri along the highways that read, "Lights on when wipers required". But the type of person that doesn't turn their lights on are the same type that won't read a warning sign.

Yeah, those signs are prevalent. This was on 35 between Independence and KC, where they are everywhere.

My laptop is telling me I have 4 minutes left of battery.

It?s been saying that for the last 25 minutes.

I drove through that storm on my way back from Chicago last night. Literally the heaviest rain I've ever seen. Some dipshit was driving without his lights on and nearly got rear-ended by a state trooper.

I never understand that. Why would someone not turn their headlights on when its raining?

Because 50% of the population is below average intelligence, by definition.

It is annyoing too, risking my safety by their lack of thought.

:smile:

That's why I approve of newer cars turning on the lights automatically when the wipers turn on.

I feel like James May did...

te5yvy9a.jpg

epu3yneq.jpg

...except I know where the ignition switch is.

e6atu8e5.jpg

:p

That's why I approve of newer cars turning on the lights automatically when the wipers turn on.

Hadn't seen that feature. Most of the auto headlight systems I've seen don't work all that well. The first one I experienced was on a 1999 GMC my boss at the time had. Driving through a tunnel once I couldn't find the headlight switch because I never used it. We were half way through the tunnel before the auto headlights came on.

Weirdly the Crapstra's automatic headlights work very well, even for short sort-of-lit tunnels... to balance things out, its automatic wipers are possessed by demons.

Oh my gosh, YES! They were kind of slow, but their owner (who was seriously cool--and her hair matched Fluffy Bunny!) said they had all of four days to test...where the other teams all had 60-80 days. So, I guess that explains the gap. :lol:

Everyone was comparing those cars to old F1 cars all weekend. They. Were. Loud. And higher pitched. And pretty much...yessss. Coolest looking cars, too. More angular. Less bar of soap with a big wing. Also, the chrome wrap > *.

Right, booking tickets for next year asap. I must see these things in person!

Massive storms cruising through Oklahoma today. Multiple huge tornadoes on the ground, horrific widespread damage. I-35 is reportedly shut down in both directions around Oklahoma City due to multiple destroyed vehicles. Confirmed fatalities - and the storms aren't done yet.

Two of our own at Final Gear - Clegko and McLightning95 aka Karie and Austin, live in Moore OK. Let's all hope, pray, whatever that they are safe and sound.

Moore got hit really really really bad. 2 mile wide strike path on the ground, evidence of F5+ winds. In 99 a tornado with 302mph winds hit Moore - this one is worse per all observers.

Two of our own at Final Gear - Clegko and McLightning95 aka Karie and Austin, live in Moore OK. Let's all hope, pray, whatever that they are safe and sound.

To get it on the next page.