The pop, soda, Coke, energy drink, carbonated beverage thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pop, soda, Coke, energy drink, carbonated beverage thread

It's all just sugar water ('sept for diet ) What's your favorite. I gotta say good old, Coca Cola Classic is my favorite. Vault Red Blitz, and Fanta Pineapple are up there too.
    I like Top Gear. But I'm not a Top Gear snob.

Root beer was my favorite until I stopped tasting the root beer and started tasting the water :yuck:

Then it became cream soda for a little bit, and I went away from that.

After a while it was cherry and vanilla coke.

Finally i strayed away from sodas altogether and have either beer, red bull, coffee, or water.
    BlaRo: i'm a strong independent black woman....WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN

Comment

A&W root beer

OSPhoto

Comment

Er do not qualify ----> Exit Stage left....

Comment

Cola: Pepsi
          Root beer: Mug
          Citrus: Fanta orange (I'm also a fan of grape soda)

I've got a big soft spot for unusual energy drinks with cool looking cans. Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt and Turn Left are probably the strangest I've had so far.
          Last edited by KaJuN; July 22nd, 2008, 9:03 PM. Reason: Fanta variety clarification

Top Gear
          [18x04]...I was there!

"You shouldn't drive crappy cars, and you shouldn't drink crappy beer." - Eric Tingwall - Automobile Magazine

Comment

And for all you Michiganders. . . The original, and the best ginger ale evar! If you've never had it your missing out. It has a fucking gnome for a mascot!

Originally posted by KaJuN View Post
            Citrus: Fanta (I'm also a fan of grape soda)
            Didn't realize you were black.

Comment

I used to prefer Coke, but since then, I've drifted towards Dr. Pepper.

Mmmm...

I don't really like fruit-flavored sodas, and I think (lemon &) lime sodas are disgusting. Cream soda is pretty good, however. Considering the beer-like appearance it has, I've been wondering what would happen if I drank it in a cup, in a public area, full of anti-alcohol-below-21 people.
              Last edited by Cryptopygia; July 22nd, 2008, 8:55 PM.
              "If you're following your grandmother's ambulance to the hospital and accidentally rear-end the ambulance as it pulls into the trauma bay...
              As the confused EMT is coming to get your insurance info, the only truly logical response is to run out to the hospital parking lot, steal a truck, and GTFO "

--------------
              <Patrician|Away> what does your robot do, sam
              <bovril> it collects data about the surrounding environment, then discards it and drives into walls
              --------------
              "When being persuaded by books you initially disagree with is considered "brainwashing"�well, we're in trouble."

Comment

favorite: Ginger Ale
                more affordable: Coke
                sometimes red bull, the new sugarfree one isn't that bad

Comment

7-up
                  It's the only drink I've found that doesn't have Sodium Benzoate as an ingredient.

I will though, on occasion, have an A&W Root Beer (since I've been caffeine free for almost 2 yrs. now).
                  "I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. So I said, Got any shoes you're not using?

Comment

Only diet stuff, 95% of the time coke/pepsi.
                    My 1988 Lancia Delta HF Turbo
                    My 1991 Volvo 960 Turbo

Comment

Almdudler: You guys have no idea what you're missing out on here.

Bionade: Great since it isn't as sweet as regular soda and actually tastes like the flavour advertised on it. The perfect summer drink IMO. For some reason I like elderberry best.

I'm not really a soda fan though. It's too sweet and devoid of any flavour besides toothkillingly sugary. 99% of the time I go with carbonated water to which I add lemon juice. Now that's a proper drink.
                      Last edited by swek; July 22nd, 2008, 9:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twerp128 View Post
                        It's all just High-fructose corn syrup water ('sept for diet ) What's your favorite. I gotta say good old, Coca Cola Classic is my favorite. Vault Red Blitz, and Fanta Pineapple are up there too.
                        Fixed.

Anyway if you live in the Pacific NorthWest you owe it to yourself to drink Thomas Kemper sodas. They used to be brewed here in the great metropolis of Poulsbo. Real soda with real sugar.

bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
                        "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
                        "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

Pepsi, and only Pepsi, but I am going to kick the soda here shortly. I have 3 bottles of Pepsi left in my fridge, then after that its all water and homemade Lemonade.

In Mix We Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by swek View Post
                            Bionade: Great since it isn't as sweet as regular soda and actually tastes like the flavour advertised on it. The perfect summer drink IMO. For some reason I like elderberry best.
                            How could I forget about that one? Actually, at the moment there are five empty bottles of Bionade "Litschi"-flavor standig next to my desk

edit: and I will give that lemon-juiced carboated water stuff a try, sounds good
                            Last edited by Elvis313; July 22nd, 2008, 9:25 PM.

Comment

How is the Fanta in Germany? Coca Cola bought it here and sells a pretty generic fruit soda, it's supposed to be amazing in Germany.

Comment

I have no idea to be honest. Can you send me a US bottle over for consideration?

Originally posted by Elvis313 View Post
                                I will give that lemon-juiced carboated water stuff a try, sounds good
                                Last edited by swek; July 22nd, 2008, 9:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by argatoga View Post
                                  Fixed.

Anyway if you live in the Pacific NorthWest you owe it to yourself to drink Thomas Kemper sodas. They used to be brewed here in the great metropolis of Poulsbo. Real soda with real sugar.

That's what keeps the price down.

Originally posted by swek View Post
                                  I have no idea to be honest. Can you send me a US bottle over for consideration?
                                  It'll probably taste like shit. I don't know what's postage to the motherland?

Comment

RC Cola
                                    Now with 70% less signature.

Comment

Does this count? It's carbonated.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                        X