The pop, soda, Coke, energy drink, carbonated beverage thread

Hey guys, sorry for the late response.

Yes, that is the curry lemonade that Clarkson drank in the GT-R Challenge. "Ramune" is "Lemonade" in Japanese, they don't have a sound for "L". I'd thought they'd translate it to "Ramunedo".

BTW, still not drunk yet!

Any big Mountain Dew fans here in the UK?

Instead of paying the extortionate prices some online shops charge (I stumbled across the CyberCandy premise in Birmingham where they were charging ?1.12 or something for a can!) try looking in your local foreign shops. In my experience, your best bets are Polish, Asian and Arabic shops. In Liverpool there's an Arabic shop called 'Mirawari Discount' or something that sells it for 60p per 355ml can, or 60p per 300ml glass bottle. It's just as good as the American-made slosh, yet so much cheaper!

There has been talk of Pepsi reintroducing Mountain Dew to the UK, but that was quite a long time ago now. I can't wait! I need bright-green lemony-lime refreshment!

I am not in the UK, but I quite like Mountain Dew.

Coca Cola (the original, not some lame ass Light version), Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew are my favorites.

Treated myself to a very nice orange cream soda made by Hank's.
rotate.php

Got it from a place called Pop's here in Oklahoma on route 66.
6177437-lg.jpg

2265562326_c3ecbd7739_o.jpg

Irn Bru is the greatest drink ever made, anyone else a fan ?

http://img36.imageshack.**/img36/492/irbbruinches.th.jpg

Last edited:
Treated myself to a very nice orange cream soda made by Hank's.
rotate.php

About a week ago I bought the black cherry soda:
4691399581_2c7dc71dbe_d.jpg

Kinda dissapointed that so many "gourmet" drinks all still use artificial colors, and often artificial flavors.

Kinda interested to try Curiosity Cola, but while I've seen glowing reviews, I've also seen "cola-flavored energy drink" reviews.

Even "gourmet" root beers, while maybe using sugar rather than corn syrup, more often than not still use "natural and artificial flavors." Where's the vanilla? Where's the molassas?

Last edited:
Mexican Coke has had a HUGE comeback here in Boston recently. I've seen it all over, just like it should be. And it's not just about the sugar. the bottle size is a lot better too.

Mexican Coke has had a HUGE comeback here in Boston recently. I've seen it all over, just like it should be. And it's not just about the sugar. the bottle size is a lot better too.

man if you like Mexican coke get thee to Cardullo's in Harvard Sq. They sell the best cola of all time Fentimans Curiosity Cola.

curiositycola1.jpg

far and away the greatest soda experience of my entire life including that case of Dublin Dr. Pepper i got for Christmas 6 years ago.

EDIT: Just went to the Cardullo's site and it doesn't seem to be listed among their products but still well worth checking out.

Last edited:
Kinda interested to try Curiosity Cola, but while I've seen glowing reviews, I've also seen "cola-flavored energy drink" reviews.

man if you like Mexican coke get thee to Cardullo's in Harvard Sq. They sell the best cola of all time Fentimans Curiosity Cola.

curiositycola1.jpg

far and away the greatest soda experience of my entire life including that case of Dublin Dr. Pepper i got for Christmas 6 years ago.

EDIT: Just went to the Cardullo's site and it doesn't seem to be listed among their products but still well worth checking out.

It's brewed, so it actually has up to .5% alchohol in it. Not enough to declassify it as as "soft drink" but...

I hated Trader Joe's "Kona Kola" and there was another cola I tried recently that I hated...don't remember what it was.

Man...I miss Royal Crown Draft. :(

rcdraft_big.jpg

curiositycola1.jpg

i tried to buy it once. the alc. content got between me and a delicious cola, but they've got mexican coke at cardullo's now for $1.75, so it's even cheaper than a regular one now. they also have bundaberg's ginger beer right now too. great stuff.

First: Original OK Soda Advertising approval art on Ebay I would actually consider killing someone for the return of OK soda.

Second: THIS GUY IS AWESOME

Third: any one remember Josta? god i loved this stuff back in the day

Fourth: The shitty white Mt. Dew flavor won. Seriously that shit is totally over rated. The lime flavor was so much better.
The lime flavor is to lime'y, it tastes like you're sucking on a lime. If I wanted that taste I would, well, suck on a lime.

Third: any one remember Josta? god i loved this stuff back in the day
pepsijosta1.JPG

*raises hand* Freshman year, 1997. That shit was addictive.

That actually brings back memories of Surge.

The lime flavor is to lime'y, it tastes like you're sucking on a lime. If I wanted that taste I would, well, suck on a lime.

Lime soda >>>> nondescript citrus soda. At least the lime flavor had flavor the white was just kind of useless.