The pop, soda, Coke, energy drink, carbonated beverage thread

I keep seeing adverts for Orangina, but I never see it in shops. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. I think I had it once.

Coke Zero is good. Normal coke or pepsi tastes a bit nicer though. You can't go wrong with Tango or Fanta either, but if Oasis is available I'll always choose that anyway (it's not carbonated, I know).

2300-8347%7ECoca-Cola-Have-a-Coke-Posters.jpg

One of my economic lecturers once told me that in the 40s, Coca-Cola's Business Objective in 40 years would be that 95% of people would be drinking a Coca Cola product. (Or something like that) Seems they were about right if you realise they own almost all soft drink companies, nutrient drinks, sports drinks, bottled water etc :p

So yes, I am a statistic.

Does this count? It's carbonated. :mrgreen:

ORANGINA

Good man! Althoguh the current adverts are really screwed up for it.

I'm a big fan of two things, both of which I'm really missing out on by being in France.

One, Irn Bru. And two, Fentiman's Curiosity Cola.

Irn Bru is the big Scottish fizzy drink. IIRC, Scotland's one of a select list of countries where neither Coke nor Pepsi is the best-selling fizzy drink.

And Fentiman's is a small independent producer in England who make drinks 'botanically'. It involves brewery and witchcraft and means their soft drinks are less than 0.5% alcoholic as a side effect. They all taste great, especially the Curiosity Cola, which is the best coke-type drink I've tasted.

533547b.jpg

irnbrucan_350.jpg

Sidenote - every fizzy drink tastes better out of a glass bottle. With Irn Bru, you get 20p back free if you return the bottle, too...

2300-8347%7ECoca-Cola-Have-a-Coke-Posters.jpg

One of my economic lecturers once told me that in the 40s, Coca-Cola's Business Objective in 40 years would be that 95% of people would be drinking a Coca Cola product. (Or something like that) Seems they were about right if you realise they own almost all soft drink companies, nutrient drinks, sports drinks, bottled water etc :p

So yes, I am a statistic.
It's funny too because you hear people say things like, "It only costs a penny for Coke to make a can of this pop." I've seen the profit margins and after we sell the 12 pk. and account for expenses Coke is only making about $0.05 per 12 pk. Where they make their money is from 20 oz, energy drinks, novelty drinks, and water. FYI, Dasani comes straight from the tap. And 7up's FIJI water comes from a magical leprechaun spring deep in the heart of Fiji where most of the citizens don't have access to fresh water.

http://img71.imageshack.**/img71/3583/arlzx7.th.jpgI know that few will know it but for me it has to be aunt rosie's loganberry there is a crystal lake version that is sparkling but the buffalo one is by far the best. If you are ever in the region or want to order it online its well worth it. I cant really describe what it taste like, its loganberry a hybrid fruit and as a drink its sublime.

I used to prefer Coke, but since then, I've drifted towards Dr. Pepper.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/07/22/drPepper_Main.gif

Mmmm...

I don't really like fruit-flavored sodas, and I think (lemon &) lime sodas are disgusting. Cream soda is pretty good, however. Considering the beer-like appearance it has, I've been wondering what would happen if I drank it in a cup, in a public area, full of anti-alcohol-below-21 people.

Not only is Dr.Pepper from Texas (search for the Dublin(Dublin Texas) DrPepper online, its made with sugar not syrup) it's also a fruit-ish blend beverage iirc

newcokecandesign.jpg

Good old Coca Classic for me. As for bottled water, Dasani seems to taste the best. I occasionally drink Jone's soda, but it's quite pricey.

Pepsi !

Can't stand Coke, restaurant where I work at switched a few years ago and I had always said I couldn't tell the difference but after a few months it got to me that Coke DON'T taste like Pepsi and I prefer Pepsi.
Luckily for me, enough customers complained to the owner that she switched back.

And it is still made with sugar here and yes I can tell the difference if you hand me a corn syrup sugared Pepsi.
I drink (or used to drink) that much of the stuff. :(

I like Dr.Pepper too.
I'll have a RedBull occasionally when I need a pick me up.
But I prefer GoFast which is next to impossible to find here.

Fentimans Soda... it's a UK soda and i have only found it in a few gourmet shops here in the states. The curiosity cola is FUCKING INCREDIBLE... seriously instead of using artifical flavors it is actually made with natural flavors. shit blew my mind the first time i had it ever since then all other cola has turned to ash in my mouth

I gave up soda about three years ago. However, I did cheat a few times. I've had one glass of Martinelli's, a root beer float, and a small bottle of Sierra Mist. The last drink made my throat burn so bad I vowed to never touch carbonated beverages ever again! Bad for your teeth and bones.

But my favorite was Antarctica Guarana!

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/07/23/guarana.jpg

I like Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Mtn Dew, Diet Pepsi, red bull sugar free and Thums Up.
If you don't know what thums up is, then consider yourself educated: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thums_up
It has a very distinct taste, which I believe has best been described by my roommate here, who said, "Thums up tastes like coke mixed with Indian food and then a small whiff of cigarette. Seriously, I bet they just have a guy at the factory who goes up to the 40000L vats with like 30 tandoori chickens and dumps em in and then smokes half a cig and tosses the butt in; then he strains it, bottles it and brings deliciousness to all of the children."

Does this count? It's carbonated. :mrgreen:

orangina01.jpg

Yeah that's some good stuff, but I personally prefer the taste of KaJina... :shifty:

But seriously, I love good 'ol Coca Cola (vanilla and cherry varieties especially), Red Bull and Solo Lemon-Lime. Basically, only soft drinks 'cause I don't drink alobohol.

jones-soda.jpg

I've also on occasion drank these. They are fucking delicious!!!!!

Okay, lemme just clear up one thing: it's "POP" not "soda". :p

Yeah... me likey pop... rootbeer, pepsi, sierra mist, fanta, you name it. Just no Grape or Dr. Pepper.
Energy drinks of choice are definitely Freak and Vault, hands down.