X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP
    started a topic I want candy... dun dada dada dun dun... I want candy

I want candy... dun dada dada dun dun... I want candy

We need a candy thread. Candy is awesome, bad for your teeth, plentiful during halloween, berated during dentist visits.

I was going crazy this morning, and I bought 2
    and 1

• ScarFace88
    replied
    I really like the Haribo Coke bottle gummies.

Leave a comment:

• narf
    replied
    Originally posted by CrzRsn View Post
    Let it be known that Haribo gummy bears are by far the best gummy bear.
    I'm currently enjoying some Haribo cherries.

Leave a comment:

• CrzRsn
    replied
    Let it be known that Haribo gummy bears are by far the best gummy bear. Except not the sugar free ones.

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied
    I'm personally not a fan of super sweet stuff. I don't like candy bars, for example, or hard candies, starbursts, etc. It's just solid sugar. I do like dark chocolate though. I can't stand cake with frosting, unless it's whipped cream. Stuff like that.

I tried the white Tim Tams and they are pretty good, they didn't seem overly sweet for a chocolate covered cookie, but I'm not a fan of the caramel ones. I'm taking the other 2 packages to a family thing on Sunday, so I'll chime in on them next week.

Leave a comment:

• CraigB
    replied
    It's difficult to argue with that logic...

Leave a comment:

• Eye-Q
    replied
    Well, I know exactly how you know that I am german: there was a sticker from the german post on the big package I sent you a couple of years ago.

What was that? Oh, apparently that wasn't the giveaway you referred to...

Leave a comment:

• CraigB
    replied
    Originally posted by Eye-Q View Post
    You don't automatically get Diabetes if you eat a lot of sugar. Additionally, I did some research, and Tim Tam contains roughly the same amount of carbs, but actually a little bit less sugar than a Mars bar (65/47 grams instead of 70/62 grams per 100 grams of product). If something is very sweet it doesn't automatically contain more sugar.
    Do you know how I know you are German?

Leave a comment:

• Eye-Q
    replied
    Originally posted by CraigB View Post
    Here's what I know about Tim Tams, they are very, very sweet. Why don't all Aussies have diabetes?
    You don't automatically get Diabetes if you eat a lot of sugar. Additionally, I did some research, and Tim Tam contains roughly the same amount of carbs, but actually a little bit less sugar than a Mars bar (65/47 grams instead of 70/62 grams per 100 grams of product). If something is very sweet it doesn't automatically contain more sugar.

Leave a comment:

• MacGuffin
    replied
    An Australien friend sent me some a couple of years ago. Didn't like them much. Far too sweet. I guess you must have grown up with them.

Leave a comment:

• CraigB
    replied
    Here's what I know about Tim Tams, they are very, very sweet. Why don't all Aussies have diabetes?

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied
    So I finally had the opportunity to buy Tim Tams. Decided to get several flavors for the hell of it.

Leave a comment:

• MacGuffin
    replied
    Chocolate is being sold by the meter here now:

Leave a comment:

• calvinhobbes
    replied
    Originally posted by Aston Martin View Post
    I bought 2 bags and destroyed my teeth.
    inb4 an American makes the obligatory "British teeth" joke

Leave a comment:

• Aston Martin
    replied
    Last edited by Aston Martin; January 29th, 2017, 3:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CrzRsn
    replied
    Found a Youtube channel from a candy store that uses 100-150 year old equipment to make candy.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LoftyPursuits/videos

Leave a comment:

• NecroJoe
    replied
    The new Take 5 label design is horrible.

Leave a comment:

• MacGuffin
    replied
    From our local Christmas market: Cocolate-covered fruits of all kinds:

Leave a comment:

• rickhamilton620
    replied
    Originally posted by CraigB View Post
    [ATTACH]17783[/ATTACH]

So this sounded good at first glance, but the package lies a bit. Instead of whole Reese's Pieces, there's broken bits in the Reese's Cup. So it's a bit like there's egg shell in the Cup. Yuck...
    I just got back from Hershey Park (which includes their flagship store) - got a whole shitload of candy from there.

Leave a comment:

• CraigB
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20160926_142815.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	3434951

So this sounded good at first glance, but the package lies a bit. Instead of whole Reese's Pieces, there's broken bits in the Reese's Cup. So it's a bit like there's egg shell in the Cup. Yuck...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X