Sandwiches!!!

Jake's on Lombard and Buchanan is also good. During Eagles' games, they throw green jellow shots at everyone whenever the Eagles score. People have told me about the Cheesesteak Shop, but I haven't tried it yet. I actually prefer a good homemade cheesesteak, but I'll give that place a go. A lot of cheesesteak places in Philly, if you say "I want a cheesesteak" they'll immediately tell you to leave. It's a cheesesteak place, they know you want a cheesesteak.

Nothing wrong with a cheesesteak - especially made the way you describe - in fact, I would say that it's the second greatest sandwich in the Northeastern US and the greatest sandwich in the Mid-Atlantic region. (Although some Philly natives swear by the roast pork and broccoli rabe.)

I don't know how long you've been in SF, but there used to be a great cheesesteak shop on Folsom and Division called Whiz Wit. (They closed in 2002, IIRC) They were the place that taught me the way to order a cheesesteak, South Philly style. "Gimme a whiz wit (Or "witout" onions.)" Now the best place for cheesesteaks is The Cheesesteak Shop at Sutter & Divisadero.
I can attest to the roast pork, broccoli rabe as being the best sandwich in Philly. Cheesesteaks are good, but man that sandwich is close to beating out an Al's Chicago Italian beef as the best dipped sandwich I've ever had.

Just ate a HOMNOMNOMMy sandwich
1) proper bacon
2) proper cheese
3) proper mushrooms
4) proper mayonnaise
5) proper bread
6) proper oven

No people with real history and food culture unlike the British. Pancetta is belly bacon for a reason.

The British do actually have great food traditions/culture, it's just that not many knows about it.

I'm not a fan of the back bacon either. It's dry.

The British do actually have great food traditions/culture, it's just that not many knows about it.

I'm not a fan of the back bacon either. It's dry.
It's not a great food culture. Not even a great European food culture. Italy, Greece, France, Spain, Germany, etc. all rank far ahead in terms of contributions to cuisine.

It's not a great food culture. Not even a great European food culture. Italy, Greece, France, Spain, Germany, etc. all rank far ahead in terms of contributions to cuisine.

The dining scene is, I'd say, far more interesting/better in the UK than Greece and Germany. Don't know much about Italy. France has always been a gastronomic country and Spain has been elevated to new levels with the help of Ferran Adria.

The dining scene is, I'd say, far more interesting/better in the UK than Greece and Germany. Don't know much about Italy. France has always been a gastronomic country and Spain has been elevated to new levels with the help of Ferran Adria.
No doubt now the food scene is better, but historically and culturally the food has a less rich history.

Marks'

article-2140384-12F4A697000005DC-201_468x358.jpg

article-2140384-12F4A6B6000005DC-830_468x286.jpg

Already regarded as a less-than-healthy snack option, the pork pie has been given a calorific makeover to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Marks & Spencer has teamed it with boiled eggs, lettuce, tomato and salad cream to create a super-sized sandwich laden with 34g of fat.
The high street retailer's super-sized sandwich making it a hefty lunchtime snack packs in a total of 680 calories.
With salad cream on wholemeal bread, the new offering is called the Ultimate Gala Pork Pie and Egg Sandwich and contains sliced pork and pastry, hard-boiled egg, lettuce and tomatoes.

The new sandwich will go on sale this week for ?3.95.

Expensive, and you could make your own far cheaper. But, a fucking pork pie inside a sandwich??? How come no-one has done this before? It's genius.

I mean I don't eat pork pies or any sort of pork for that matter but this sandwich does make sense to me. If I ever hd leftover meat pie damn yes it would be going between two pieces of bread.

Do Taiwanese beef wraps count as a sandwich?

7106531661_5230f1e83e_z.jpg