Sandwiches!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ford Bloke View Post

Pastrami Sandwich from Katzs Delicatessen, even better than it looks.
    Originally posted by edkwon View Post
    My own shots from katz's

The only person who I want to punch the face, that twat from Man Vs Food went to Katz yesterday. Looks like an amazing place.

Comment

I haven't been there in years, but today I went back to a lil husband and wife 'sandwich shop'
      They do the usual, breakfast in a bun etc. But they also do carvery sandwiches.

Beef, turkey and pork and gravy and stuffing.

Comment

"Deli &..." near my office has a sandwich called "Chatum", which I had yesterday. Ham, turkey, swiss cheese, dark rye bread and closeslaw. Nummers.
        There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

I just made this today:

Not the greatest picture, I apologize

It's fried tiger prawns (just covered in a mix of flour, thyme, oregano, paprika, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and into the oil), in a baguette with romaine salad, tomatoes and with a tabasco-chilli-lemon mayo.

It was pretty awesome. I believe it's referred to as a "Po' boy sandwich".

Comment

nom

Comment

I like Man vs Food myself. Americans generally do have a sweeter tooth than Europeans.

UK does have a great food culture but only POSH people got to eat it, poor people and they were the majority got the crap. We are in the 'hangover' from that, food biz until recently was seen as a low status job too. Although if you go out in London there is every style of food in the world available, this is due to the massive influx of immigrants from around the world bringing their own cuisine. My fav is Thai.

Oh and big up the Jamaica Patty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaican_patty

Can not get down here - damn it.
              Last edited by Cobol74; December 14th, 2012, 9:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobol74 View Post
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaican_patty

Can not get down here - damn it.

Comment

Earlier this year there was a Jason Plato sandwich consisting of thick malted bread filled with smoked ham off the bone, crunchy coleslaw and hot jalapeno mayonnaise.
                  http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-in-Tesco.html
                  Team Black Jack

So, that's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Aston Martin View Post

You guys do realize that it's possible to.. You know.. Make your own food, right?

Comment

cheese scalloped bun with butter, mett (raw ground pork) and raw onions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	212sfpu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	3427942

awwwwwsome.

beautiful language - milk&water - baseball vs. football - best god in show

Comment

Raw, ground pork?

I am both intrigued and terrified. (Growing up, we always heard, "Cook your pork thoroughly - otherwise you will get trichinosis and die." That may have been the case in the 70s, but I understand pork nowadays is much safer. Still, old habits and all that.)
                        Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPT_Howdy View Post
                          Raw, ground pork?

I am both intrigued and terrified. (Growing up, we always heard, "Cook your pork thoroughly - otherwise you will get trichinosis and die." That may have been the case in the 70s, but I understand pork nowadays is much safer. Still, old habits and all that.)
                          Mett

Comment

Originally posted by CAPT_Howdy View Post
                            Raw, ground pork?

The whole thing about pink or undercooked pork and chicken is blown so much out of scale, it's not even funny. The guidelines for these meats are based on extreme generalisations and way too large "temperature buffers" are added onto the safe-to-eat-core-of-meat temperature.

In Japan they eat mid-rare chicken (yakitori).

Comment

Yep, chicken basically considered salmonella free in Denmark, though of course, you can never be 100% certain.

I'm not too worried about that stuff. I would, however, be a bit skeptical about that amount of raw pig in a sandwich.. Not because of any health concerns but it's just.. It's raw pork..

Comment

Originally posted by Buktu View Post
                                [...]It's raw pork..

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to try it, just haven't heard of it before

Comment

Originally posted by Buktu View Post
                                    Yeah, I'd like to try it, just haven't heard of it before
                                    all the Danish

Comment

We have Aldi and Lidl ourselves, that's not exotic enough no no, we shop at Poetzsch and Harald Nyborg.. the border is 1.5 hour drive from where I live, so I do go from time to time now I just have to convince someone to join me for some raw pork...

Comment

A tall order! Meat lovers are challenged to finish 7,000-calorie 1ft tall burger in just 20 minutes (but it's for a good cause)
                                        Burgers, bacon, onion rings, cheese, chips and chilli part of the challenge
                                        Percentage of money raised will be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support

Linky

Comment

That doesn't even look that bad.

Can't embed the image from this comp, but here is Adam's Grub Truck's "Ultimate Adam Bomb."
                                          http://www.ebaymotorsblog.com/ebay-m...ay-june-22-24/
                                          There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Working...
                                          X