Sandwiches!!!

katzs-delicatessen-new-york-katzs-pastrami-sandwich-inside-610x407.jpg

Pastrami Sandwich from Katzs Delicatessen, even better than it looks.

My own shots from katz's

5858806009_c3c9548d32_z.jpg

5858804673_008e087381_z.jpg

The only person who I want to punch the face, that twat from Man Vs Food went to Katz yesterday. :| Looks like an amazing place.

I haven't been there in years, but today I went back to a lil husband and wife 'sandwich shop'
They do the usual, breakfast in a bun etc. But they also do carvery sandwiches.

Beef, turkey and pork and gravy and stuffing.

"Deli &..." near my office has a sandwich called "Chatum", which I had yesterday. Ham, turkey, swiss cheese, dark rye bread and closeslaw. Nummers.

I just made this today:
iXndX.jpg

Not the greatest picture, I apologize :)

It's fried tiger prawns (just covered in a mix of flour, thyme, oregano, paprika, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and into the oil), in a baguette with romaine salad, tomatoes and with a tabasco-chilli-lemon mayo.

It was pretty awesome. I believe it's referred to as a "Po' boy sandwich".

I like Man vs Food myself. Americans generally do have a sweeter tooth than Europeans.

UK does have a great food culture but only POSH people got to eat it, poor people and they were the majority got the crap. We are in the 'hangover' from that, food biz until recently was seen as a low status job too. Although if you go out in London there is every style of food in the world available, this is due to the massive influx of immigrants from around the world bringing their own cuisine. My fav is Thai.

Oh and big up the Jamaica Patty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaican_patty

Can not get down here - damn it.

Last edited:
Raw, ground pork?

I am both intrigued and terrified. (Growing up, we always heard, "Cook your pork thoroughly - otherwise you will get trichinosis and die." That may have been the case in the 70s, but I understand pork nowadays is much safer. Still, old habits and all that.)

Raw, ground pork?

I am both intrigued and terrified. (Growing up, we always heard, "Cook your pork thoroughly - otherwise you will get trichinosis and die." That may have been the case in the 70s, but I understand pork nowadays is much safer. Still, old habits and all that.)
Mett is under very strict rules and regulations here. And I also wouldn?t eat it from just any place, it?s indeed a question of trust. But when you know a trustworthy butcher or/and bakery, it?s a really great simple thing.

Raw, ground pork?

The whole thing about pink or undercooked pork and chicken is blown so much out of scale, it's not even funny. The guidelines for these meats are based on extreme generalisations and way too large "temperature buffers" are added onto the safe-to-eat-core-of-meat temperature.

In Japan they eat mid-rare chicken (yakitori).

Yep, chicken basically considered salmonella free in Denmark, though of course, you can never be 100% certain.

I'm not too worried about that stuff. I would, however, be a bit skeptical about that amount of raw pig in a sandwich.. :D Not because of any health concerns but it's just.. It's raw pork.. :p

Yeah, I'd like to try it, just haven't heard of it before :)
I?ve been told all the Danish go to Flensburg to shop for Beer and Beef at the ALDI and LIDL ... so next time you go, stop at a bakery ... ;)

(yes, I?m well aware not everyone in Denmark is withing comfy driving distance from Flensburg - people from that region that I know just keep complaining about the danish invasion every saturday for gigantic supermarket shopping trips :D)

We have Aldi and Lidl ourselves, that's not exotic enough :p no no, we shop at Poetzsch and Harald Nyborg.. :D the border is 1.5 hour drive from where I live, so I do go from time to time :) now I just have to convince someone to join me for some raw pork... :)

A tall order! Meat lovers are challenged to finish 7,000-calorie 1ft tall burger in just 20 minutes (but it's for a good cause)
Burgers, bacon, onion rings, cheese, chips and chilli part of the challenge
Percentage of money raised will be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support

article-2275426-176686CF000005DC-124_634x516.jpg

article-2275426-17668763000005DC-440_306x423.jpg

article-2275426-17668773000005DC-474_306x423.jpg

The challenge costs ?19.50 and must be pre-ordered, with a percentage of the money going to Macmillan Cancer Support
Since the challenge was launched last month, 12 people have tried to tackle the burger but no one has managed to clear off their plate

Linky