The One Thread

ashspet

Nothing to see here, move along people!
DONOR
Since this started in Funny Pics, and is for the one cup / one bowl / one pot / one 'whatever you're cooking in' recipes. Whether it's snacks, cakes, full main meals, doesn't matter.

Chocolate Cake
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
2 tablespoons whisked egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (more if you want)
splash vanilla or other flavoring - try peppermint or cinnamon

For a fudgier version, omit egg!

2min30sec in the microwave in the mug (largish sized mug). You can also have a sort of iced version if you put some more choc chips right on top as it comes out of the microwave.

Pasta
1 tbs olive oil
200g bacon rashers, rind and excess fat trimmed, coarsely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
350g dried pasta (shapes > spaghetti)
625ml (2 1/2 cups) water
250ml (1 cup) tomato pasta sauce

Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until bacon is golden.

Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes or until wine reduces slightly. Add the pasta and stir to coat. Add the water and pasta sauce. Season with salt. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the pasta is cooked and the liquid has reduced and thickened.

Divide pasta mixture among serving dishes. Season with pepper to serve. You can put ricotta / parsley on top too.

- - - Updated - - -

which is:

Nutella Mug Cake

Ingredients

4 tablespoons self rising flour
4 tablespoons white granulated sugar
1 egg
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons Nutella
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil

Method

1. Combine all ingredients in a large coffee mug. Whisk well with a fork until smooth. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 ? 3 minutes. (Time depends on microwave wattage. Mine took 1 /2 minutes.) Top with whipped cream and a little chocolate sauce if desired.

2. Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Enjoy!

Note: Depending on the wattage of your microwave, you may have to increase cooking time.

Makes 1 very large serving.

and what started it:

Last edited:
Chili

1-2 onions, diced
2-3lbs ground beef and/or turkey
2 (15oz) cans Manwich sauce
2 (15oz) cans Italian stewed tomatoes
2 (15oz) jars Salsa (I use mild, your choice heat level)
1 (15oz) can BBQ baked beans
1 (15oz) can regular baked beans
1 (15oz) can kidney beans
? cup BBQ sauce (any flavor)
2-3 TBS chili powder (or to taste)

Cook & drain onion & ground meat. Combine with all other ingredients. Cook for 2-3 hours on stovetop on low ? or on low for several hours in crock pot.

It makes a lot ? probably 6-7 quarts or so. I use either an 8qt stockpot, or have excess from the crockpot.

"American Goulash"/American Chop Suey (Although Ice insists on calling it pasta with mince...)

1 lb/500g dried pasta (I find spiral or maraconi elbows work best)
1 lb/500g ground beef/turkey/whatever
1 medium-large onion, diced
2 bell peppers (I prefer red, you can use whatever), diced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large can (or 2 smaller cans) condensed tomato soup
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook the pasta, drain, do not rinse. In the pot which previously held the pasta (should now be in a colander), add the olive oil, peppers, and onion, cook for about 2 mins or until onion is starting to caramelize. Add ground meat and cook until browned. Add tomato soup, stir, wait a minute for the soup to warm up, then add pasta and stir.

Technically may not be a "one-pot" dish, as you need the colander as well, but it's close enough.

I keep telling myself that I'll do this now that i'm in college but i never have the ingredients. Thanks for this thread, though. It will be a resource to me when I finally get off my ass.

Stumbled across on Reddit: The 2-minute chocolate chip cookie in a bowl:

2 tbsp (30 grams) unsalted butter, softened
1.5 tbsp (20 grams) white granulated sugar
1.5 tbsp (20 grams) brown sugar
2 tbsp (30 ml) beaten egg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp (60 grams) all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
1/4 cup (40 grams) chocolate chips

1. Place the butter and sugars in a 2-cup bowl or ramekin. Use a fork to combine all these ingredients.
2. Beat an egg and add two tablespoons of the egg mixture into the bowl. Add the vanilla too. Stir to combine.
3. Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Give it another good stir.
4. Finally, stir in the yummy chocolate chips. Save a few for the top, if you wish to.
5. For the magic to happen, pop the mixture in your microwave oven and let it bake for about 2 minutes.

Oeufs en Cocotte (eggs in pots)

Place a heaped tablespoon of cr?me fra?che in the bottom of a ramekin (or a mug / cup that can withstand an oven), season with salt, black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg (nutmeg can be replaced by the spice of your choice - cinnamon, cardamon etc)

Sprinkle with a little dill

Crack one egg on top

Add another tablespoon of cr?me fra?che seasoned the same as before

Place the ramekins in a baking dish and pour enough lukewarm water into the dish to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Cooking in a waterbath means that the eggs cook evenly

In the preset oven at 180oC, cook for ~15mins, until the yolks are to your liking

Once cooked, you can serve with some ham, bacon, cheese etc on top if you want (put on top for the last 5 mins for cooking if you want), and can eat with a spoon or toast soldiers.

uhhh, good thread!

have a picture from 2010:
Jenb8HE.jpg

- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 a leek
- 2 potatoes (depending on size, roughly the same volume as the half leek)
- one red onion (or anything similar, really)
- some cream
- bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips
- seasoning of choice (go nuts, anything that works with leek)
- a splash of white wine

cut leek and potatoes in slices (rather thin), put potatoes on the bottom, then the leek, then the chicken breast. season generously, add cream and white wine (so the potatoes are covered and the leek gets some of the goodness as well). cover in aluminium foil and shove in the oven (at about 180?C or so) for 25 minutes. then, remove the foil, add bacon strips to protect the chiggun and return to the oven until the bacon is crispy and the chicken is done (this might turn out to be a problem if the chicken is very thick, in which case scoring it with a knife or even cutting it into strips will certainly help).

:heavyb: