60 minutes interview with Ahmadinejad

Firecat

Politically Charged
I just watched the segment that aired on 60 minutes, it was very interesting. I understand that C-Span will air the entire 90 minute interview as well (today?)

I checked youtube, but the clips they have of the 60 minutes segment have the beginning cut off. Hopefully it will be up later.

Oh yeah, Wallace came across as a fool. Ahmadinejad made a whole lot of sense.

Alright. Here is the interview...

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article14546.htm

Also, below is an interesting quote from yesterday (or the day before)....whether he is being honest or not, I can't say...

"The bottom line is, we do not need a bomb, unlike what others think. Regretfully, some believe that the nuclear bomb can be effective in international relations. They're wrong, because the time for nuclear bombs has ended. We know that. These nuclear arsenals will not benefit anyone. They have to spend so much money destroying them. If the nuclear bomb could have saved anyone, it would have prevented the collapse of the Soviet Union. If the nuclear bomb could have created security, it would have prevented, perhaps, September 11th. If the nuclear bomb could have done anything, it could have, perhaps, stopped the Palestinian Intifada.

"Today is a time of thought and ideas. We know that and we felt that across the world.

"And let me say that at the same time, we are Muslims. And based on a decree given by the leader of the Islamic republic, moving toward having a nuclear bomb is banned and forbidden. Therefore, no one has the right to move in this direction. In our country, it is not permissible."

I'll have to check that out.
I watched his interview with someone from NBC (was it Brian Williams?), and he seemed quite rational to me.

Re: 60 minutes interview with Ahmadinejad

Firecat said:
Ahmadinejad made a whole lot of sense.

Well all he want's is for someone in this country to pronounce his name correctly... it's not that hard.

samir2.jpg

/"WHY does it say paper jam, when there IS no paper jam!!!..."

zenkidori said:
Hitler sounded pretty smart too.
Hitler was smart. It's not easy to brainwash an entire country. On the other hand, his sanity and ambitions were...questionable, to say the least.

Ahmadinejad is very well-spoken, but that doesn't mean he has good intentions, i.e.: not blowing shit up.

Hitler wasnt very intelligent, he was in fact complete idiot with charisma. If some general would have led Nazi Germany, history would be totally different.

trionic said:
Hitler wasnt very intelligent, he was in fact complete idiot with charisma. If some general would have led Nazi Germany, history would be totally different.

Man, I beg to differ.

Hitler was a "pussy" and I feel very intelligent. Hitler was well aware of his limitations and his Army's strength. He realised he couldn't fight the Russians and British + French at the same time (two fronted war). Unfortunately, he misjudged Britain and France's fight and his decision to commence Opperation Barbarossa was too soon, so he got sandwiched. Plus, the USA turned the tides too and to be fair the Italians didn't pull their weight.

Clever "pussies" are by far the most dangerous, you don't need to have muscles and a good figure to be highly dangerous and smart.

Main thing is: That Hitler fucktard is dead :thumbsup:

And if he comes back to life and register here...

:ban?: :ban?: :ban?: :ban?:

I'm not going to go into details of numerous historical events or pick up even one single argument over this matter but funnily there are two types of people who want to believe that this corporal was great in strategy:
1)neo-nazis
2)very pro allied who feel that detraction of Hitler would be also detraction of allied war efforts

Case closed from my side...

trionic said:
I'm not going to go into details of numerous historical events or pick up even one single argument over this matter but funnily there are two types of people who want to believe that this corporal was great in strategy:
1)neo-nazis
2)very pro allied who feel that detraction of Hitler would be also detraction of allied war efforts

Case closed from my side...

That may be the most ignorant crap I have EVER read online. You have no idea what my family went through during the war, so please don't imply that i may be a fucking neo-nazi. Next time you play "historian", try to utilize FACTS instead of making ASSUMPTIONS.

There's a difference between someone saying Hitler was smart and someone saying Hitler was great.

Anyway, back to Ahmadinejad. He's a smart guy too, who's pretty clever and it'll be interesting to see him square off against Bush. Heh, it's like two archvillians battling each other in a cartoon. :lol:

Alright, I'm bumping this thread because tonight was another interview with Ahmadinejad by 60 minutes, and once again the journalist asked some really stupid questions and had a major attitude as well. But Ahmadinejad's answers were, quite frankly, great....

I'm waiting for the full interview to be posted somewhere and then i'll link it here. Definitely needs to be watched.

Sigh...someday Iran will be free of these fools, or the fool dressed as a king before them. Even worse, we put him in power, overthrowing a blooming republic free of being a religious state. From Wikipedia:
In summer of 1941 Britain and the USSR invaded Iran to prevent Iran from allying with the Axis powers. The Allies occupied Iran, securing a supply line to Russia, Iran's petroleum infrastructure, and forced the Shah to abdicate in favor of his son, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. In 1951, a nationalist politician, Dr. Mohammed Mossadegh rose to prominence in Iran and was elected Prime Minister. As Prime Minister, Mossadegh became enormously popular in Iran by nationalizing the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (later British Petroleum, BP) which controlled the country's oil reserves. In response, Britain embargoed Iranian oil and began plotting to depose Mossadegh. Members of the British Intelligence Service invited the United States to join them, convincing U.S. President Eisenhower that Mossadegh was reliant on the Tudeh (Communist) Party to stay in power. In 1953, President Eisenhower authorized Operation Ajax, and the CIA took the lead in overthrowing Mossadegh and supporting a U.S.-friendly monarch; and for which the U.S. Government apologized in 2000.

What I predict is that we will have a "cold war" with Iran for a very long time; we already are at war with them by proxy.

Maybe this cold war will end like it did with the USSR...not with bombs or guns, but with Coca-Cola, Glasnost and Levi jeans.

I started reading this and thought wow then i realized that i watched the Scott Pelley interview not last years. To tell you the truth I believe that Iran need us more than we need them. They want to be taken seriously and the only way to do that is to act as counterpoint to America. We could say that we are going to give everyone in the world a free diamond and Iran would have to say that we are spreading greed and corrupting the pure.

Yup (to jayhawk). And when I tell people that, they look at me like i'm nuts.

The interview that aired on 60 minutes was edited (heavily). It looks like these vids are the entire thing, broken up into sections....

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_v...videoarchive3289424_1_videosection_page.shtml

The most interesting thing he said was, and this is not a direct quote, that there is no need for a nuclear bomb. The age of the nuclear bomb is over, it didn't help the Soviet union from collapsing and it's not helping the United States in Iraq.

Something like that.

I agree with him 100%. My Father's parents escaped Denmark in 1940, many of their neighbors having been evacuated because they were Jews. A block from my house lived an elderly Jewish woman from Hungary who still had her prison number tattooed on her right arm. She was a sweet kind woman who did no wrong other than being an annoyance to a relative few...it was sick, as sick as thinking the holocaust was a myth, you sick fuck Ahmadinejad.

I agree with him 100%. My Father's parents escaped Denmark in 1940, many of their neighbors having been evacuated because they were Jews. A block from my house lived an elderly Jewish woman from Hungary who still had her prison number tattooed on her right arm. She was a sweet kind woman who did no wrong other than being an annoyance to a relative few...it was sick, as sick as thinking the holocaust was a myth, you sick fuck Ahmadinejad.

I think you need to read it again. He's basically being sarcastic all through out the post.

... you sick fuck Ahmadinejad.
Went right over your head didn't it? Zoom! ;)

According to the author, Ahmadinejad's the victim of poor translations. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but he doesn't discount "european historians" accounts of the holocaust. He also doesn't want Israel "wiped off the map" (at least not overtly :rolleyes: ), he just wants them to play nicer. I don't have time to watch the whole interview now, but the bits I skimmed did kinda make Wallace look like a tool, Ahmadinejad was well prepared. I don't know about the comparisons to Hitler; Ahmadinejad's a smart man with, well not a propensity but lets say a possibility for violence. But he is not overwhelmingly popular at home and is not looking to start a huge war. And while he could wind up doing something really stupid, that is no reason for us to ostracize him from the US.