Cable company cuts heavy internet users

im on comcast's highest speed here (10mbps) and torrent all kinda of crap, no warnings yet.

" Comcast gives customers a month to fix problems or upgrade their service before they are disconnected"

It's all about money. Some people were just using enough resources that Comcast was no longer making a profit. This is their way of forcing customers to upgrade to corporate accounts

I have comcast and use all kinds of bandwidth, no warnings so far. they've fucked my account up on several occasions tho, but there isn't much of an alternative.

welcome to australian internet guys....

shitty bandwidth caps hurah

When I pay for an internet connection, I pay for, let's say 5000/1000. That too me, means that I have the right to use that bandwidth 24/7.

That's an end to it.

Comcast FTL.

I'm under Cox cable out here at school, (east Kansas; Topeka, Lawrence, Manhattan, Wichita etc) and I think I'd rather still have Comcast. Cox had problems at the beginning of the school year with all the college students moving in (something about 20k more people on their lines over 2 weeks) it's gotten better, but for a while it was randomly disconnecting. Kind of annoying.

Ugh, screw Comcast with their cut-offs and packet shaping! :thumbsdown:

This is more proof than ever that network neutrality is vital.

I've been on Comcast for half a year now and love it. The "powerboost" is really nice too (speeds up your downloads and uploads for the first 5-10MB or so)

Here you can see powerboost in action on my connection:

http://img354.imageshack.**/img354/1443/untitled1hm8.jpg

Without it, I get 6mbs down and 374kbs up, so it makes a big difference. Too bad it doesn't last longer.

you could always just uncap your connection.

Which is great for the whole day that it takes comcast to look at your throughput and say ZOMG HAXX!! and get the feds to your door.

Man, I really wish Verizon FIOS was in my area...

Mmm... FIOS...

feds, no, they just cancel you.

just hijack your neighbor's connection and uncap his. then when he's busted hop on the next connection, it'll be funny.

haha this is too funny.

Comcast: "Ya 24/7 you can do whatever you want!...not really"
Customer: "Umm I got disconnected."
Comcast: "You download too much."

I never had that problem though and I'm with Comcast. I still think they are the best option for speed. My family pays $100 a month for TV, Internet, Phone. So Internet is $33.33, I think it aint bad.

feds, no, they just cancel you.

just hijack your neighbor's connection and uncap his. then when he's busted hop on the next connection, it'll be funny.

Yeah, I live in an apartment complex. Maybe I'll go have a snoop around in that "communications closet" down the hall :hmm:

Last edited:
even better, but you don't actually need to do anything with the hardware, so stay in your cozy apartment, but uncap the whole friggen node and they can't shut everyone off.

I got a warning from TalkTalk the other day, so im not downloading for a while now. I don't want to have to switch interweb companies again.

You can't 'uncap' your connection. That is controlled at their end, not yours. Those DOCSIS cable modem hacks are a thing of the past.