X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 15 richest fictional characters.

I guess you just can't trust a German.

Comment

Can they really stop you having a passport because you can not remember where you lived on the 3rd December 1962? Why do they need to know that any how?

Comment

Originally posted by teeb View Post
        Alistair Campbell, chief spinner for Tony Blair.
        Ah, looked up on that guy a bit ... and goddamn.

Originally posted by wooflepoof View Post
        Still planning on posting every single incident of airport security mishaps we find i see. Brilliant.
        Take it up with Quiky. He locked the thread. They should be able to talk about it somewhere.

Originally posted by calvinhobbes View Post
        I'm smelling a case of "let's put everything out there that we could possibly come up with and see what we can get away with".
        They took a page from the GOP strategy guide: take the most hardcore position feasible then negotiate to where you want to be (not start where you want to be then compromise). Dirty but effective.

Originally posted by Blind_Io View Post
        These guys are off their fucking gourd, but, as usual, most people will just roll over and take it because they think it will protect them from the "tururists."
        Exactly. I'm constantly reminded of that Ben Franklin quote, something like, "Those who trade liberty for security deserve neither."
        Last edited by tigger; April 26th, 2011, 5:07 AM.
        Saying smaller engines are better is like saying you don't want huge muscles because you wouldn't fit through the door. So what? You can bench 500. Fuck doors. - MadCat360

Comment

Double posting just to cover a totally different topic.

3 months ago the US Attorney General, Eric Holder, informed the Obama administration that the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was unconstitutional. The DOMA stipulates that the federal government not recognize same-sex marriages and has obviously been a major hurdle to same-sex marriage legislation at the state level. The Justice Dept decided to effectively quit defending the act. Of course this sent House Republicans into a fit. Boehner decided that if the Executive branch wouldn't defend DOMA then the House would, so he set about finding third party legal help.

Speaker Boehner found an Atlanta law office, complete with W's former solicitor general Paul Clement, to defend DOMA. The House agreed to pay over $500 an hour, up to half a million dollars total, for the representation. The size of the contract and the simple fact they were defending DOMA brought so much heat on the law office that they eventually decided to drop the case. In response, Clement quit the firm and claims he will still help the GOP defend DOMA. Regardless of Clement's intent to go it alone, this is still a fairly serious setback for the GOP's defense of DOMA.

Full story here at Politico.

If the GOP is going to spend all their time going after same-sex marriage, abortion and medicare (at the expense of the majority of Americans) then they're going to have a damn tough time in 2012.
          Saying smaller engines are better is like saying you don't want huge muscles because you wouldn't fit through the door. So what? You can bench 500. Fuck doors. - MadCat360

Comment

More wonderfull news about precautions that are needless, brought to us by the TSA

http://consumerist.com/2011/04/alleg...ed-flight.html

Allegations Of Photography Cause Plane Evacuation, 2.5-Hour Delay On United Flight

The feds are going to take over the police and jails in New Orleans.

http://www.newstatesman.com/north-am...ty-jail-police

No limits to the law in NoLa
            Last edited by GRtak; April 26th, 2011, 6:06 AM.
            "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

"No man's life, liberty or happiness are safe while Congress is in session,"- Mark Twain

Comment

To sum all the above up:

Q: "So did the terrorist hysteria have any effect on the nation's security?"
              A: "No, but we have been extremely successful with installing our own Gestapo thanks to it."

Welcome to America, the land of the free.

Seriously, I can only shake my head...
              Last edited by MacGuffin; April 26th, 2011, 6:44 AM.
              “If Liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" (George Orwell)

Comment

Doesn't even have much to do with "terrorism" really. It's just the 'good old boy' South in full effect; the "prison-industrial complex" kicked into overdrive. Katrina wasn't an excuse to just go after Muslims, it was an excuse to let the prison system of Louisiana (and Mississippi, and Alabama, and Texas ...) become even more brutal than they had been. An excuse to break minorities in NOLA with absolutely no regard for the law.

Somewhere in the article it says that the depth of this problem may be beyond the comprehension of many Europeans. That's a point I find myself reluctantly agreeing with. Brutal racism is still a fact of life in many places in the US, whether or not we want to acknowledge it. I know it's not a problem that the US alone faces, but I haven't heard of any other first world nation struggling with racism the way we have. At least not recently.
                Last edited by tigger; April 26th, 2011, 6:57 AM.

Comment

It does not matter how you look at it, it is disgusting and needs to stop. The fact that the community has not exploded over this shows how scared they are of the cops.
                  "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

"No man's life, liberty or happiness are safe while Congress is in session,"- Mark Twain

Comment

It's not just the fear of repercussions but the fact that the black community in NOLA has been massively reduced post-Katrina. Of course it's fucking disgusting and needs to stop, but I doubt it ever will. Not as long as we think it's acceptable to privatize our legal system and let corrupt cops literally get away with murder.

Comment

Oh for Fuck's sake....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...mper-cars.html
                      WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Meanwhile in America, we've taken out the whole "going around a circuit" part and just throw the bumper cars into an arena

Comment

Sorry for the TSA post, but this is just too much to pass up. TSA agents in Philadelphia go through a woman's checkbook and call her husband.

No trees were killed in the transmission of this message;
                          but a stupendous number of photons and electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Okay, where are the multimillion dollar lawsuits?

I'm kinda missing them now.
                            “If Liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" (George Orwell)

Comment

Originally posted by thevictor390 View Post
                              Meanwhile in America, we've taken out the whole "going around a circuit" part and just throw the bumper cars into an arena
                              I didn't even know about the concept of putting them on a circuit!

Comment

Fuck, in this country an idea of a good time is a figure-8 race with motorhomes or school buses towing boats.

No trees were killed in the transmission of this message;
                                but a stupendous number of photons and electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Originally posted by Blind_Io View Post
                                  Sorry for the TSA post, but this is just too much to pass up. TSA agents in Philadelphia go through a woman's checkbook and call her husband.
                                  Two Philadelphia police officers joined at least four TSA officers who had gathered around her. ... He also told her she appeared nervous.
                                  Well, no shit? Who wouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by h-p View Post
                                    Well, no shit? Who wouldn't be.
                                    someone who's been trained to remain calm

Comment

Why You Should Feel Sorry for the TSA

Don't worry, it's not really about the TSA, it's more of a what-the-heck-are-the-DC-fatcats-thinking piece. A good rant and well worth the read.

According to any actual science, the people running the TSA backscatter machines are in mortal danger.

-> http://afterthepress.com/?p=486

Comment

Never mind that 9/11 happened from inside the USA.
                                        Ummm... what?

Comment

America....FUCK YEAH!

The feel-good blog item of the day is the story of when the small town of Brandon, Mississippi successfully foiled Westboro Baptist Church's plan to protest a Marine's funeral. (Here is a video of the refreshingly protester-free road as Marine Staff Sgt. Jason Rogers is returned home on April 14.) How'd they do it? They sicced the police on them and beat them up.

Here is the story that is blowing up the blogosphere, which was originally posted on an Ole Miss sports message board:

[Westboro Baptist Church] did show up, a few showed up a couple of days early.

A couple of days before, one of them ran his mouth at a Brandon gas station and got his ass waxed. Police were called and the beaten man could not give much of a description of who beat him. When they canvassed the station and spoke to the large crowd that had gathered around, no one seemed to remember anything about what had happened.

Rankin County handled this thing perfectly. There were many things that were put into place that most will never know about and at great expense to the county. Most of the morons never made it out of their hotel parking lot. It seems that certain Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over.

Police were called but their wrecker service was running behind and it was going to be a few hours before they could tow the trucks so the Kansas plated cars could get out. A few made it to the funeral but were ushered away to be questioned about a crime they might have possibly been involved in. Turns out, after a few hours of questioning, that they were not involved and they were allowed to go on about their business.

Ranking deserves a hand in how they handled this situation.

As much as we despise the Westboro Baptist Church, it seems like police illegally detaining people in order to squelch atrocious and unpopular but constitutionally-protected free speech, is not something we should encourage! Although the part about parking cars behind them was pretty good.
                                          "I haven't got a carbon footprint. I drive everywhere!"
                                          ---JC

?We three kings of Orient are, one in a Vauxhall, two in sports cars...?
                                          ---JM

Comment

Working...
                                          X