Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

You're absolutely correct. But like Firecat said, like the woman at the protest was saying, burning it serves no purpose. It just pisses people off. Those of us who aren't really offended by flag burning aren't going to go out and join the protest because of this. For those who are offended by it, it's just one more reason to hate the whole Occupy movement.

True enough. My knee jerk reaction to flag worship kicked in there. :p

True enough. My knee jerk reaction to flag worship kicked in there. :p
Heh I hear you. Personally I don't really like to see flags burned. I don't get bent out of shape over it, I think people should be able to do it if they choose. I just don't see the point.

The problem I have is the anti-flag burning crowd who would rather hurt what the flag represents (rights of the people) than a piece of fabric.

For me in a perfect world one cares for people and not objects.

The problem I have is the anti-flag burning crowd who would rather hurt what the flag represents (rights of the people) than a piece of fabric.

For me in a perfect world one cares for people and not objects.
Agreed. Unfortunately that's not the world we live in.

I'm not going to break out a verse of the star-spangled banner and sing the praises of old glory. Burning the flag doesn't offend me the slightest...but you're right. What the flag represents has been lost, by those that oppose flag burning and those that burn flags.

"No person or entity shall manufacture or knowingly sell food or any other product intended for human consumption which contains aborted human fetuses in the ingredients or which used aborted human fetuses in the research or development of any of the ingredients."

Bill proposed by Sen. Ralph Shortey of Oklahoma (Republican, as if that even needs to be said)....thankfully he's just a state senator.

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-no-...-behind-bill-20120126,0,56767.story?track=rss

facepalm.jpg

Fucking Oklahoma. Pretty sad when someone can make my legislators look sane.

I don't know. I could easily come up with a food safety plan for that. And as long as it's declared on the label...

Tasty tasty fetuses! Now there's a sentence you don't get to write often.

Random goldfish
WrUlw.jpg

American politicians spend foot tons of effort on trivia, the downright inconsequential and things that are never going to happen. How about trying to make the economy better?

American politicians spend foot tons of effort on trivia, the downright inconsequential and things that are never going to happen. How about trying to make the economy better?
That's hard. Much easier to divert the publics attention with completely arbitrary issues you just made up yourself.

Flag burning..

"Is there an epedemic of flag burning taking place here, that no one has told me about?"
- President Jed Bartlet, the West Wing, quoted from memory.

I do not actually care about flag burning itself, it is an expression covered by free speech. Most Americans dislike the practice however. The Occupy protestors are protesting to highlight certain ideas they believe in. They want the rest of America to pay attention to what they are saying. By burning the flag (not one they purchased by the way, it was stolen from inside city hall) they are turning off most Americans. Most Americans now see a group of destructive flag burning hippies and they will not pay attention to any other message the protestors are trying to convey.

Apparently PA's house of representatives have declared 2012 in our state as "The year of the Bible," among other things: http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/p0g2b/pa_house_of_representatives_unanimously_passes/

I love living in a state that pretty much is northeastern in name only. We might as well be considered a part of the Bible Belt, there's so much religion backed conservatism/idiocy, and I can't wait to see what stuff our govt. will try to pull this year due to shit like this.

I don't mind religion, even if I don't really believe, but there should still be a separation thats seemingly missing. (To be fair, I only noticed this due to a friend's status update praising the H Of R's decision, and I've now googled for more info)

Edit: i've googled and found that this is fairly innoculous and seems to be passed through a process that's there only to declare months/years representative of things/events....still weird though.

Last edited:
If they could declare the month of ie. the Walker Colt (I suppose they could), why not a book?

Apparently PA's house of representatives have declared 2012 in our state as "The year of the Bible," among other things: http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/p0g2b/pa_house_of_representatives_unanimously_passes/

I love living in a state that pretty much is northeastern in name only. We might as well be considered a part of the Bible Belt, there's so much religion backed conservatism/idiocy, and I can't wait to see what stuff our govt. will try to pull this year due to shit like this.

I don't mind religion, even if I don't really believe, but there should still be a separation thats seemingly missing. (To be fair, I only noticed this due to a friend's status update praising the H Of R's decision, and I've now googled for more info)

Edit: i've googled and found that this is fairly innoculous and seems to be passed through a process that's there only to declare months/years representative of things/events....still weird though.
Do these people have nothing better to do?

Religion (or the lack of it) is between the individual and his/her God (or No God). I propose this year is the year of Andrew Dawkins. ...

Last edited:
I propose this year is the year of Andrew Dawkins. ...

Presumably you mean Richard Dawkins. He deserves a month just for marrying a Time Lord.

No my mate Andrew from down the road. ... :)lol: )

Mitt speakes French - who knew, dangerous interlectual where as Newt is completely thick a la G.W. Bush - vote thick.