Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

Finland was not occupied and did not declare war on the US. By the way, did you know they were the only country to pay their war reperations?

Gareth Williams was found in a bag (which was padlocked shut) in his flat. The coroner has today ruled that he was "highly unlikely" to manage this himself (no shit) and therefore someone either helped him or stuffed him in there. It has also been ruled that there is "probably" unlawful killing involved (read: someone killed him).

He worked for MI6, and one of the reasons there is trouble is that he went missing from work for a week and MI6 did nothing. It took them a week to bother to find out why one of their employees wasn't showing up.

I know why it is on the news. I am just ashamed they decided to do such a sloppy job of things. If they would of done it right, the Russians or Chinese would of taken the blame.

How odd the number of high profile people who have died in suspicious circumstances in Ukania over the last few years. ? A conspiracy perhaps?

Finland was not occupied and did not declare war on the US. By the way, did you know they were the only country to pay their war reperations?

I did know that, they teach that shit in school here. :) I think that mentality is one of the reasons we still have AAA credit rating and until recently market interest rates comparable to Germany.

I figured that out years ago.
The baby boomers got scared and elected tea baggers who replaced moderates and every single thing the HBGIC (Head Black Guy In Charge) wanted to do or someone he wanted to appoint got blocked.

Last edited:
Still better than Redneck Fascists. The fascists are real.

Glorious? Doesn't he have to do something worthwhile before he gets that moniker?

so today: election coverage from Paris, Athens, Belgrade and ... Kiel.

Wich ... must have been quite bitter for those journalists that got the shortest straw in the planning meeting and had to go to Kiel. :D

Actually, they didn't get such short straws. Beautiful sunny day, work right by the sea side, interview actual personalities (Kubicki), park your trucks like an idiot (I'm talking to you, ZDF :shakefist: no pictures though because they had a permit), ...

Could be worse :dunno:

Last edited:
Well at least they will get home alive :p. Also Kiel gave us the first outing of Horst Schl?mmer.

I figured that out years ago.
The baby boomers got scared and elected tea baggers who replaced moderates

It happened in the '80s. My dad is one of the pre NeoCon conservatives (born in '44 and even voted for Parrot). The problem is too many of these conservatives are staying Republican even though the party has moved away from them. The NeoCons like to say they are against a big government, but at the same time they want the government to impose social policies like banning flag burning, dictating what must be taught in school, and other wonderful social controls. Not to mention they, like the Democrats, are a bunch of hawks.

It use to be Democrats enter into wars and Republicans get out of them. Now both parties are pro war fuck the budget.

Well at least they will get home alive :p. Also Kiel gave us the first outing of Horst Schl?mmer.

:nod: that was the last regular election, this one and the previous one all were premature :lol: the previous one because the coalition fell apart, and this one because the constitutional court decided that our election laws are unconstitutional :dunno:

Last edited:
Fun fact: Due to German election law specialties (and some stupidity in that party, and a very specific result) the poster candidate and wanna-be minister president of the party with the largest number of votes did not get a seat in parliament.

:nod: that was the last regular election, this one and the previous one all were premature :lol: the previous one because the coalition fell apart, and this one because the constitutional court decided that our election laws are unconstitutional :dunno:

I thought that was a Geraldo Rivera parody from the YouTube stamp.

geraldo-rivera.jpg

I forgot how good that was :lol:

Fun fact: Due to German election law specialties (and some stupidity in that party, and a very specific result) the poster candidate and wanna-be minister president of the party with the largest number of votes did not get a seat in parliament.
Bad luck :lol:

Yeah, I read about that. Watch out who of the ones who did get a seat will now withdraw, thus making it possible for the poster boy to claim the seat. And pay special attention to what post that person will get afterwards.

Yeah, I read about that. Watch out who of the ones who did get a seat will now withdraw, thus making it possible for the poster boy to claim the seat. And pay special attention to what post that person will get afterwards.

Right now he's blabbing on about how the voters have spoken to give his party the most votes. I can't wait for the day they do a 180 and ignore the voter's voice to chop down a directly elected candidate.