Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

I don't know, but does she work at a public library?

If I had to guess, medical professionals, short taxi service ride to the hospital, 250 bucks?

So let's say ten minutes. 300?

As in "No, more than that" or as in "no more"?

:p

Ok.. a thousand bucks, nice round number. Thousand bucks and a sixpack of Sam Adams.

It is weird are we the only European country with almost no jewish hatred? Possibly we do have some people but they keep rather a low profile.

We don't have a very high jewish population for one thing. Although IIRC there was a lot of opposition when Jews were fleeing to the UK in the build up to/during WW2, I'm fairly sure there were a few points where we just refused to let them in.

Besides we have enough internal discrimination within the UK without having to find more minorities to hate.

As in "No, more than that" or as in "no more"?

:p

Ok.. a thousand bucks, nice round number. Thousand bucks and a sixpack of Sam Adams.

Nope just about double that.

It was just over $2,000 for a less then three mile ambulance ride. I think the Ambulance actually came from a town 10 or so miles away from the library, well at least the company was HQed there not sure if it left from there. Lets say it did leave from there so 10 miles to the library then another three to the hospital then another 13 back to the HQ.

So for a marathon length total trip, assuming the worst, the town was charged over 80 dollars a mile.

It is weird are we the only European country with almost no jewish hatred? Possibly we do have some people but they keep rather a low profile.
You've never had a tradition to it, really. Even in Norway, there's a long tradition for it, from the Jewish Article in our constitution (repealed in 1850, I believe), and quite a lot of especially the farming class (I'm trying to be a little careful here..) had a deep rooted sceptisism to the Jew, all personified by major Vidkun Abraham Lauritz Quisling, the greatest traitor in Norwegian history. It's important to remember that this deep rooted anti-semitism wasn't part of every farming community, far from it, but it was present.

As for the continent, I think someone like Hitler could just as easily have emerged in France, when it comes to jews. And while Britian was never as anti-semite as France or Germany per se, Britian was the nation that gave the world eugenics. And it wasn't just the fringe who took it, you know.

But then again, no nations took eugenics more to heart than my own nation. And the rest of Scandinavia.

I don't know. Mosley did march his blackshirts through London. But I think one of the best answers to why Britian has never been as anti-semite as other nations in Europe might be the fact that anti-semitism has a lot to do with anti-bankerism. And that's never really been that big of an issue in Britian, as banking and credit has been seen as a part of progress.

Nope just about double that.

It was just over $2,000 for a less then three mile ambulance ride. I think the Ambulance actually came from a town 10 or so miles away from the library, well at least the company was HQed there not sure if it left from there. Lets say it did leave from there so 10 miles to the library then another three to the hospital then another 13 back to the HQ.

So for a marathon length total trip, assuming the worst, the town was charged over 80 dollars a mile.
What's the general quote on a 60 minute ambulance boat ride at 40 knots at night?

But I think one of the best answers to why Britian has never been as anti-semite as other nations in Europe might be the fact that anti-semitism has a lot to do with anti-bankerism. And that's never really been that big of an issue in Britian, as banking and credit has been seen as a part of progress.

Let's not forget, that jews were practically forced into becoming merchants and bankers, because they were denied access to manual labour. They were forbidden to become farmers, masons, carpenters etc. and were also denied membership in the guilds.

The reason for that was, that the jews were made responsible for the death of Jesus Christ. So the whole jewish population was taken into kin liability. It forced them into trading and into the financial sector, since nothing else was left for making a living. In time it became tradition. Those, who were good at it, prevailed and the rest is simply forgotten.

It has absoutely nothing to do with a mysteriously given talent but only with being offered only a limited choice to earn a living in a more or less hostile Christian world. Consequentially natural selection also happened in their profession: Since they had no other choice and were denied any other profession, they had to become really good at being merchants and bankers - which of course produced envy and mistrust in return. A vicious circle.

I don't know, though, if that only applies to the continent or also to Britain.

Last edited:
Not to mention that the Roman Catholic church believed taking rates on a loan was a sin or some other bollocks.

Not to mention that the Roman Catholic church believed taking rates on a loan was a sin or some other bollocks.
...as does Islam, which is why the jews traditionally have had the same jobs and now have the same stereotype in the Arab world.

Religion has its place, but it's not in policies or politics.

That's not religion. It's general education to know some of the coherences or interrelations of history. It helps prevent people from falling victim to populists.

The vast lack of general education in the modern world sometimes frightens me. I'm not considering myself a particularly well-educated person, just average, but I notice it's getting worse with the younger people, despite the internet and 24-hour TV with unlimited opportunity to learn something new every day. And it's important to always keep your mind open to something new, no matter how much you already learned.

Much of the trouble we currently live in, comes from politicians, who are under-educated. Your country can tell us all a thing or two about that, especially at the moment.

Last edited:
I think that all Jewish people were forced to convert or thrown out of the country by Richard I (Possibly got the wrong king) but in the middle ages anyhow and there was no significant Jewish population in Ukania until the 1800's.

I think what triggered some of this was the debt that the nobility was in to the money lenders - I think a French king did the same thing to the 'Templars' when he could not pay back his Debts to them, well actuall executed most of them for Treason.

Debt problem? What problem? ...

lending money to kings can be very unealthy...