Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

The Obama administration has done nothing in terms of brokering peace between Israel and Palestine. Now that his foot is out the door they allow this UN resolution to pass. I don't disagree with the move, but it won't change anything except reaffirm the perception that obama is anti-Israel (even though he isn't) and at the same time be seen in the rest of the world as a friend to the Palestinian cause (which he barely is)

Typical politicking of the Obama administration. Pathetic. Weak.
Obama?s middle east policies have been utter shit all along and this is just par the course. Thankfully, Trump won't care about this garbage from anti-semitic UN and he will not help terrorists of Palestine.

Did a cop really get arrested for calling Merkel insane??

Did a cop really get arrested for calling Merkel insane??
No, of course not. However, he's being sued for slander which carries a sentence of up to three months. Wages, that is, not prison. Source: WDR

And as already noted in this thread, they also reported the Orlando shooting when the rest of reddit was censoring discussion of it:

r/news was on a major post-deleting and user-banning spree regarding the orlando shooting yesterday, up to and including the removal of threads telling people where to donate blood. Less censorial outlets like r/the_donald always see an uptick in traffic during such suppression, especially once a critical mass of people find out it's happening.

Obama?s legacy is a devastated Democratic Party

As President Obama concludes his reign of error, his party is smaller, weaker and ricketier than it has been since at least the 1940s. Behold the tremendous power that Democrats have frittered away ? from January 2009 through the aftermath of Election Day ? thanks to Obama and his ideas:

• Democrats surrendered the White House to political neophyte Donald J. Trump.
  • US Senate seats slipped from 55 to 46, down 16 percent.
  • US House seats fell from 256 to 194, down 24 percent.
  • Democrats ran the Senate and House in 2009. Next year, they will control neither.
  • Governorships slid from 28 to 16, down 43 percent.
  • State legislatures (both chambers) plunged from 27 to 14, down 48 percent
  • Trifectas (states with Democrat governors and both legislative chambers) cratered from 17 to 6, down 65 percent.

Since Franklin Delano Roosevelt, eight presidents have served at least two terms or bowed to their vice presidents due to death or resignation. Among them, Obama ranks eighth in total state legislative seats that his party preserved during his tenure.

Obama has supervised the net loss of 959 such Democratic positions, down 23.5 percent, according to Ballotpedia, which generated most of the data cited here. This far outpaces the 843 net seats that Republicans yielded under President Dwight Eisenhower.

By this measure, Ronald Reagan is No. 1. While he was president, Republicans gained six statehouse seats.

In terms of boosting his party?s state-level strength, Obama is the worst president since World War II. Reagan is the best.

Democrats can chant the soothing lie that this wholesale, multi-level rejection of their party stems from ?structural racism,? the legacy of Jim Crow, the immortal tentacles of slavery, or whatever other analgesic excuse they can scrounge up. The same nation that they claim cannot outgrow its bigotry somehow elected and then re-elected Obama, quite comfortably.

This deep-rooted repudiation is not of Obama himself, but of Obamaism, today?s Democratic gospel.

At home, Obamaism features economic stagnation, morbidly obese and equally dysfunctional government, racial and identity fetishism, and rampant political correctness.

Overseas: Shame at American pre-eminence fuels flaccid ?leadership from behind.?

All told, 1,043 federal and state-level Democrats lost or were denied power under Obama, largely because Americans grew disgusted by such outrages as a non-stimulating $831 billion ?stimulus,? eight consecutive years of economic growth below 3 percent, an 88 percent increase in the national debt, the revocation of America?s triple-A bond rating and ObamaCare?s epic flop ($2.3 trillion to finance widespread insurance policy cancellations, 20 bankruptcies among 24 state co-ops, early retirements for experienced but exasperated doctors and more). Also nauseating: federal nano-management of everything from dishwashers to third-grade lunches to national school shower policy.

Abroad, Obamaism spawned the rise of ISIS, the fall of US personnel in Benghazi, and Iran?s relentless humiliation ? before, during and after Obama?s delivery of some $100 billion in unfrozen assets, including at least $1.7 billion in laundered cash, literally flown in on private jets.

?My legacy?s on the ballot,? Obama said last September, just as he had said before the 2014 midterms.

And Democrats have paid the ultimate price. The political cadavers of more than 1,000 Democratic incumbents and nominees, from Hillary Clinton on down, confirm that Obama is poison at the polls.

Rather than enjoy a traditional, low-key post-presidency in Chicago, Obama plans to hunker down in Washington, DC, comment on current events and counsel his party?s candidates and officeholders. Democrats should find this as appetizing as dinner cooked by Typhoid Mary.
And yet Democrats still don't realize that their policies are crap.

I pretty much agree with that sentiment....but perhaps in a different sense than you. I don't think democrats have adequately represented progressive positions. Mostly because they are pathetic losers and care more about optics. It's something I actually admire about republicans and trump. They don't give a fuck about what people think about them.

I don't think democrats have adequately represented progressive positions.

This was very clearly seen in bitter Bernie supporters who only voted Clinton because Trump is seen as much worse. If the Republicans had put up a better nominee, I wouldn't have voted for her.

I am waiting for the cartoon of Putin as a puppeteer controlling Trump and Obama.

I pretty much agree with that sentiment....but perhaps in a different sense than you. I don't think democrats have adequately represented progressive positions. Mostly because they are pathetic losers and care more about optics. It's something I actually admire about republicans and trump. They don't give a fuck about what people think about them.

You can't be serious about that last part. Trump is the epitome of petty narcissism, caring about his appearance and what people say about him.

You can't be serious about that last part. Trump is the epitome of petty narcissism, caring about his appearance and what people say about him.
He left the life of a billionaire playboy and TV star in order to be ridiculed and made fun of worldwide and you think he cares about what people say about him? The guy that's been pointing out the same problems with politics for over thirty years? You can't be serious.

He left the life of a billionaire playboy

Not proven. Where are his tax returns? :p

and TV star

As I recall, NBC dumped him, not the other way around.

in order to be ridiculed and made fun of worldwide and you think he cares about what people say about him?

Actually yes. Beyond the short-fingered vulgarian thing that got Trump even tweeting personally against the author, the presidential debates were just Clinton finding new ways to get under his skin. Put another way, why try so hard to be in the public eye for so long if he didn't care? So yes, I do think he cares what people think about him.

He left the life of a billionaire playboy and TV star in order to be ridiculed and made fun of worldwide and you think he cares about what people say about him? The guy that's been pointing out the same problems with politics for over thirty years? You can't be serious.

Yes.

He repeatedly brags when people praise him "So-and-so called to congratulate me...I have a tremendous relationship with the blacks...we had a huge rally...did you see my ratings this morning" He also admitted to not reading any books because he lacks time, and that the only things he reads are newspaper/magazine articles about him (his words, not mine).
He repeatedly attacks people that criticize or make fun of him "Failing New York Times...Little Marco...Crooked Hillary...losers...SNL were being very unfair to me..."

He goes from bragging to whining, and uses a redundant amount of adjectives to stress how strongly he is being liked/how strongly he feels about being criticized.

So, yes - Trump absolutely cares about what people think of him. And even when he says he doesn't care what NYT or someone else say about him, the very fact that he acknowledges it (with angry tweets filled with expletives) proves that he actually does care.

And yet Democrats still don't realize that their policies are crap.

Republican policies haven't really done anything remarkable either. In fact, I can't think of a single major Republican policy in the past 30 years that has done anything positive for the American people or even been remotely in unison with reality. But, I see you're praying victim to the "us vs. them" mentality since you're sharing an article that merits itself on political score-boarding.

Last edited:
Wow, thank God you guys are here; maybe you can provide this long-fabled evidence that it's a harrasment campaign, despite (in my experience) pro-Gamergate folks getting hit a lot worse, up to and including getting a knife&syringe in the mail, having their workplace harassed until they were fired, and direct violent threats.

For a couple months I've been living in fear that, at any moment, someone would finally produce this evidence and expose GG as a campaign of harassment and violent threats. /s But so far that narrative appears have crumbled as fast as the fake Trump hate crime wave.

But hey, maybe I missed something, so let's get the evidence ball rolling. Here, I'll start:

That is direct video evidence of an anti-Gamergate Sarkeesian follower threatening physical violence against a pro-GG guy (Thunderfoot). We unquestionably know exactly

a) who that guy is (clearly identifiable face)
b) which side he's on (anti-Gamergate)
c) what he said ("I will fuck you over for that one of these days if it's the last thing I ever do" and "Thunderfoot's an idiot, and I will punch him dead in the face if I ever see him"), and
d) who he's talking to (Thunderfoot).

And it took me less than a minute to turn up the link. But, for some reason, this threat hasn't been reported anywhere. Everyone knows that if the anti-GG side had evidence anywhere near as damning (i.e. a video of someone supporting Gamergate and threatening Sarkeesian), we would never hear the end of it, ever, across dozens or hundreds of sites--proving, BTW, that such sites are not anti-threats or anti-harrassment; they're just anti-Gamergate (i.e. anti-ethics).

Just in case all the anti-GG sites have all failed to report on such evidence, I challenge anyone to post it now. Do check beforehand to see how many of those criteria it satisfies; in my experience the anti-GG claims satisfy at best only c), and usually not even that.

P.S. Even so, if you tell me that Sarkeesian isn?t responsible for what that jerk said, and he doesn?t represent her, then I would 100% agree with you (and ask you to put two and two together . . .).

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38514759
Four people have been arrested in the US city of Chicago over a video live-streamed on Facebook, in which a bound and gagged man was assaulted.
The man being assaulted has special needs, police say. His assailants can be heard making derogatory statements against white people and President-elect Donald Trump.
In one part of the video they use a knife to remove part of his scalp.
Chicago police have described the video as a "sickening" possible hate crime.[...]
It's disgusting what society is turning into.

No doubt.