Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

This is what I keep trying to tell you, the problem isn't sex in and off itself, the problem is ADULTS exploiting CHILDREN. A 14 year old having sex with someone close to their age is not generally considered a big issue (assuming no teen pregnancies and such), what is an issue is an adult who has vastly more experience, is a magnitude stronger and typically much more adapt at manipulation going after children. You can twist it however you want, they are children developmentally, legally and socially, they are simply not able to guard against behaviors that are not obviously predatory. This is why consent laws exist in the first place, it is an attempt to protect children from victimization by adults, it is not to shield them from reality of sex or any other such nonsense.

I can't see in the Spacey-Rapp thing an adult trying to exploit a child, I see a 26yo not grown enough trying to find gay sex in very young person who was clearly not in the mood. Rapp -WAS- able to say "no, thanks", because Spacey didn't try to manipulate him (if not by inviting him to the party). What Rapp says is quite clear.

You speak to me of teachers and priests, or boy-souts chiefs? Boom, I agree with you 100% on the exploitation. You speak to me of people trying to blackmail him? Boom, I agree with you again. Tou speak to me of buyng him with money or sthe like? Yes, I am again with you. But this... I can't see it, and Rapp was evidently able to refuse and go away, which wouldn't have happenend with a child 3 years younger than him.

I approve of that? No, I don't find it healthy that a 26 yo find interest in a 14yo, because for this to happen something must be wrong in the 26yo that might affect the 14yo as well, but this doesn't mean the thing is violent or deserve jail or public shaming, because I don't see the exploitation in this specific case.

I can't see in the Spacey-Rapp thing an adult trying to exploit a child, I see a 26yo not grown enough trying to find gay sex in very young person who was clearly not in the mood. Rapp -WAS- able to say "no, thanks", because Spacey didn't try to manipulate him (if not by inviting him to the party). What Rapp says is quite clear.

You speak to me of teachers and priests, or boy-souts chiefs? Boom, I agree with you 100% on the exploitation. You speak to me of people trying to blackmail him? Boom, I agree with you again. Tou speak to me of buyng him with money or sthe like? Yes, I am again with you. But this... I can't see it, and Rapp was evidently able to refuse and go away, which wouldn't have happenend with a child 3 years younger than him.

I approve of that? No, I don't find it healthy that a 26 yo find interest in a 14yo, because for this to happen something must be wrong in the 26yo that might affect the 14yo as well, but this doesn't mean the thing is violent or deserve jail or public shaming, because I don't see the exploitation in this specific case.

12 years (difference between KS and Rapp at the time) comprised 85% of Rapp's ENTIRE lifetime, and only 46% of KS's. That difference is absolutely massive in terms of every single metric you can imagine. He WAS in a position of power by virtue of being significantly older and significantly more experienced.
The fact that he didn't go through when denied matters very little as it is SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT OK TO ATTEMPT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Just because someone fails to do so something wrong doesn't make it OK. THAT is the crux of the issue, you can wax on and on about how 14 year olds are people too but the bottom line is that adults are in position of power against a child and a 14 year old is still a child regardless of how you want to view them. They are not a child in the sense of a toddler but they are a child in the sense that they still remember not having hair on their balls couple of years earlier.

EDIT: Let me try to illustrate this in a different manner, there are many fully grown women who say that they are afraid of telling someone who is hitting on them "no" because they are afraid of the reaction that it might provoke. Do you honestly think that a 14 year old child wouldn't be in the same position with an adult? You like to talk about reality, well the reality is that a whole lot of "consent" comes from a position of weakness or fear even with adults, this goes doubly so for children, they are in a position of weakness when it comes to adults by the very definition. So their "consent" may not be such.

Last edited:
12 years (difference between KS and Rapp at the time) comprised 85% of Rapp's ENTIRE lifetime, and only 46% of KS's. That difference is absolutely massive in terms of every single metric you can imagine.

Between the two, Rapp was probably the more sound, despite the percentage you have shown.

He WAS in a position of power by virtue of being significantly older and significantly more experienced.

And he didn't use it. He could have, but he didn't.

The fact that he didn't go through when denied matters very little as it is SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT OK TO ATTEMPT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

It matters -a lot-. It shows that his point wasn't to hurt the other person, or to take advantage of him. Yes, I don't think it is good to attemp this, but I can see the difference between immaturity (of the 26yo, that is) and malice.

Just because someone fails to do so something wrong doesn't make it OK.

He hasn't failed, he thought Rapp was in for it. He -clearly- wanted a consenting affair. And no, it is not ok. But not being ok doens't mean "PRISON!!!!"

THAT is the crux of the issue, you can wax on and on about how 14 year olds are people too but the bottom line is that adults are in position of power against a child and a 14 year old is still a child regardless of how you want to view them.

He could tell if he'd agreed, and he did tell. He was probably more mature than Spacey. you don't need a law, you need to teach the 14yo to go back home if he sees the party is like that one, and not because I want to take responsibility away from the stupid adult, but because if in the place of Spacey he had found a real molester, he would have found the trick to convince, or force, the 14yo. And it's the trick (buying, blackmailing, manipulation) that you have to punish, not the proposal (stupid as it is).

He -clearly- wanted a consenting affair. And no, it is not ok.
Yeah, an affair WITH A FOURTEEN YEAR OLD. Just the fact that we need to explain to you that that's COMPLETELY FUCKED UP is bad enough but you don't even seem to get it. You're sick.

Moving on from trying to explain to SirEd that pedophilia is wrong...

Md. high school won?t ?fall victim? to ?okay to be white? flyers

Flyers stating ?It?s OK to be white? were found at Montgomery Blair High School in Silver Spring on Wednesday morning.

In a letter sent to parents, the school?s Principal Renay Johnson writes that ?Montgomery Blair is a very smart, diverse and inclusive community and we will not fall victim to attempts to divide us.?

The fliers were found on 10 exterior doors to the building by staff before students arrived, the letter states.

?We are taking this seriously and are investigating this incident,? Johnson writes.

Security footage released by the school system shows a person in a hooded sweatshirt posting one of the fliers. And police have been contacted, a school spokesman said.

The fliers seemed to be prompted by the 4chan message forum, according to school officials, that promotes racial and political tensions. An Alexandria man used the same forum to make threats to kill black students who attend Howard University.

John E. Rust faces federal charges in that case, which sparked panic at the urban D.C. campus last month.

A thread on the forum encouraged readers to post the same distinct fliers ? and provided a sample that could be printed ? at schools on Halloween. Conspirators were told to wear Halloween costumes as a disguise and were urged not to cause any vandalism.

Similar signs were found in several other cities across the country this week.
What's the message that the school is sending here, that it's NOT ok to be white? Why were the police called? What is there to investigate?

If they don?t do anything and ignore it and there is some racial incident (no matter how small) they will be blamed for it and say this was a pre-cursor and end up getting sued etc.

My take. So they are being extra cautious.

I give up

It's not necessary to agree all the times, and even delicate topics may have different points of view.

As long as it ends up in conversation and not in insults, it is ok, and it is a pleasure to confront ideas.

What's the message that the school is sending here, that it's NOT ok to be white? Why were the police called? What is there to investigate?

I think the intent was, primarily, to cause that exact reaction.

Calling the police was not necessary, I agree. But then again, the poster wasn't necessary, anymore than an "It's okay to be Black/Asian/Latino" would be.

Last edited:
I think the intent was, primarily, to cause that exact reaction.

Calling the police was not necessary, I agree. But then again, the poster wasn't necessary, anymore than an "It's okay to be Black/Asian/Latino" would be.
We can post "black lives matter" everywhere but not "it's ok to be white"? Why is that?

We can post "black lives matter" everywhere but not "it's ok to be white"? Why is that?

You can post anything you want. They did!

I'm agreeing with you. Getting the police involved is stupid. There shouldn't be posters of those kinds for any race. Identity politcs are a load of bullshit.

Last edited:
Does it matter to you in the slightest that they were going to be released not long after that trade took place?

Lev,

I will have to disagree with you on one specific part here. Our soldiers need to have an assurance that they will not be left behind and all possible venues for their rescue will be explored. Once they are safely back home they can be investigated for whatever wrongdoings they committed but they have to know there will be attempts to get them home in the first place

Dammit America, that is Central America levels of fuckery, the hell is wrong with you!? It is precisely this shit that makes people think things like Breitbart are actual journalism.

It?s really frustrating. The dems have not learned a thing. The defense put up by pro-Hilary folks is astonishing. We are well on our way towards a Trump re-election if they don?t get their shit together. One can almost guarantee party elites would want Hillary to run again. Hearing Elizabeth Warren agree that it was rigged made me sick too. All complicit. Hey, I was pro-Sanders and still am....but he also stayed silent about this stuff in an attempt not to rock the Clinton boat...even though said boat was in reality sinking already.

Warren was full-on pro-Clinton... until now when it's no longer advantageous for her. Who can the dems even nominate for 2020? Clinton again would be an easy win for Trump. Warren would probably also be an easy win for Trump. Bernie? Doubt he could win. Biden again would be a bad joke.