Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

FB_IMG_1485448247983_zpsgmxrtu44.jpg

This is a thing that is actually needed on 2017.

Let the meteors come and the moon crash down, we deserve it.

"Rogue NASA" sounds much more fun/dangerous that it really is...

Well this is new: just saw an ad paid for by a pro-Trump 501(c)(4) blaming Dems for not kowtowing to Trump's nomination of Tom Price for HHS. I'm used to the campaign ads during election season, but they typically don't run political ads again for at least two years after.

Well this is new: just saw an ad paid for by a pro-Trump 501(c)(4) blaming Dems for not kowtowing to Trump's nomination of Tom Price for HHS. I'm used to the campaign ads during election season, but they typically don't run political ads again for at least two years after.

This is actually because in 2009, the Democrats (who then controlled both houses of Congress) demanded and got the usual collegial agreement from the Republicans to let the new Democrat President Obama have most if not all of his chosen Cabinet members on his first working day in office. The agreement, as it had been for decades, was that if the positions were to be reversed, the Democrats would give the Republicans the same courtesy. Now, in 2017, the shoe is on the other foot and the Democrats are refusing to honor their part of the agreement.

Short version - Democrats demanded Republicans kowtow back in 2009 and promised that should the position ever be reversed they would kowtow. Turns out they lied.

This is actually because in 2009, the Democrats (who then controlled both houses of Congress) demanded and got the usual collegial agreement from the Republicans to let the new Democrat President Obama have most if not all of his chosen Cabinet members on his first working day in office. The agreement, as it had been for decades, was that if the positions were to be reversed, the Democrats would give the Republicans the same courtesy. Now, in 2017, the shoe is on the other foot and the Democrats are refusing to honor their part of the agreement.

Short version - Democrats demanded Republicans kowtow back in 2009 and promised that should the position ever be reversed they would kowtow. Turns out they lied.

Fair rundown of the content, but I was talking about the ad itself :lol: Just the oddity of seeing an ad on tv that very much followed the usual presidential campaign ad formula only a week after an inauguration was jarring; we usually get a couple of years' break after having them roughly shoved down our throats for three months.

I would also hope it be self-evidently implied that for the agreement to stand, the party shouldn't elect a fucking moron. If the Dems elected a trainwreck of a capital C Communist (or however you want to translate Trumpism to the left end of the spectrum) who was inaugurated with most of the country not approving, I'd expect the Republicans to dishonor the agreement as well.

Last edited:
Fair rundown of the content, but I was talking about the ad itself :lol: Just the oddity of seeing an ad on tv that very much followed the usual presidential campaign ad formula only a week after an inauguration was jarring; we usually get a couple of years' break after having them roughly shoved down our throats for three months.

We've seen worse. Just a few months after Barack's inauguration, ABC News did an hour-long primetime Obamacare infomercial.

I would also hope it be self-evidently implied that for the agreement to stand, the party shouldn't elect a fucking moron.
Different perspectives and all that. I'll take Trump over Obama any day and that's saying a lot because I'm not a huge Trump fan.

I found a response from Breitbart to the church fire story criticism:
http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...on-breitbarts-allahu-akbar-church-fire-story/

I'm curious about that Thomas Salbey (balcony man) case. He says the tipster wrongly thought Salbey had provoked the shootings by yelling at the gunman. But the shootings had happened beforehand, and the investigation ended. Great.

My question is: What if the tipster had been completely right? Suppose Salbey had noticed the gunman (or heard him fire into the air or whatever), then enraged him through insults/etc, somehow inspiring the immediate murder of a handful of bystanders. Is that a crime in Germany? Why exactly were they investigating this tip/video?

Here Breitbart's reporting is faulty (or at least out-of-date), but even if they corrected/updated the headline to "Balcony Man Who Stood Up to Munich Shooter Faced Possible Prosecution for Insulting the Dead" then it would still give me (and probably a lot of Americans) pause. You shouldn't have legal action hanging over your head just for pissing off a future murderer.

I appreciate the update on the Isle of Bute case.

Apparently Berkeley students are protesting Milo Yiannopoulos... by rioting and setting the campus on fire. Tear gas deployed. Snowflakes are precious.

Berzerkely gonna Berzerkely.

I want these Berkeley types to keep it up. Sooner or later, this will garner more mainstream attention, and hopefully these hard left fascists will finally be exposed as the antithesis of tolerance and diversity they claim to portray.