Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

LeVeL;n3553923 said:
Another accusation as baseless as Ford's. Please point to where I supported threats against Ford or didn't deserve to be heard. I'll wait...

Yes, I accused you personally of supporting the threats... :tumbleweed:

I said you (And others) did not raise an eyebrow. How is that saying you supported the threats?

Stop inserting what you think I am saying into things. If you don't understand them, just ask, I will explain.

GRtak cherry-picking a personal angle of attack instead of addressing substantive points raised by someone else? Color me shocked, shocked I tell ya! You have fun with that, I'm going to keep posting more stuff that's actually relevant that you still won't bother trying to address.

Ford's boyfriend of six years from the early nineties wrote a letter saying that she never mentioned the assault or Kavanaugh himself. Also she never has claustrophobia or had a fear of flying. There goes my theory that the nearly $1mil in her Go Fund Me accounts was for an Uber back to California. :lol:

At this point Ford has named THREE witnesses and every single one has denied any knowledge of the incident in question. Meanwhile, Swetnik has walked back most of her accusations - funny how that can happen when you realize that you might perjure yourself.

This joke of a "scandal" keeps getting sillier by the day. Hopefully this will bite scumbag Democrats in the ass next month.

Last edited:
why would I want to play in your echo chamber? There was no new information in that previous post.

I am waiting for the report to come out and real news to be taken from it.

LeVeL;n3553923 said:
No proof of perjury so far either. Good luck trying to prove what a high school kid meant in his yearbook.

LeVeL;n3553923 said:
[...] Good luck trying to prove what a high school kid meant in his yearbook.
Just a remark on that - there is no shame to say "I didn't even know what that meant back then, I was just a kid" or "that was just a juvenile Joke". Everyone would be able to relate to that. The thing is - that wasn't his answer.

I don't know. I find it more than a bit odd for so-called academics to cast judgement on the way someone is handling a stressful situation that they themselves have never, and will never, experience or even possibly comprehend. I mean, how do you say with any certainty how other judges would handle this situation unless they are also subjected to it? Should this be the new test for high ranking judges? Publicly slander them and destroy their lives and the lives of their families, and if they shrug it off without emotion, then they pass?

This whole circus has sunk to depths previously thought impossible to achieve by both science and religion.

There have been candidates that have removed themselves fro the process for using marijuana illegally, maybe Kavanaugh should do the same for drinking before he was legal.

TC;n3553980 said:
I don't know. I find it more than a bit odd for so-called academics to cast judgement on the way someone is handling a stressful situation that they themselves have never, and will never, experience or even possibly comprehend. I mean, how do you say with any certainty how other judges would handle this situation unless they are also subjected to it? Should this be the new test for high ranking judges? Publicly slander them and destroy their lives and the lives of their families, and if they shrug it off without emotion, then they pass?

This whole circus has sunk to depths previously thought impossible to achieve by both science and religion.

The whole point is a Judge shouldn't appear unhinged and out of control in stressful situation.

Destroying people was what he did as a GOP hack. Something he has yet to come clean about.

In any normal society his conduct in the hearing should be a enough to disqualify him from being a judge.

His pathetic WSJ Op-Ed is a rather lame attempt to spin his doomed testimony.

Last edited:
TC;n3553980 said:
[...] This whole circus has sunk to depths previously thought impossible to achieve by [...] religion.

While yes, this circus has sunk pretty low - religion has sunk lower, so many, many, many times throughout history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_witch_trials (just as one example, which fits the season - and it also includes judges!)

Senate has voted to end the circus and move to an actual confirmation vote finally. Meanwhile, Dems are complaining that the FBI investigation that they demanded didn't go far enough... as if they didn't know that it couldn't be as thorough as a congressional inquiry. I wouldn't be surprised if their scummy tactics WRT Kavanaugh cost the Dems in the November.

SquareLeft;n3554031 said:
Nice that someone is happy about this. I certainly am NOT!

Hey look at it this way, if he turns out to be terrible, you only have to wait a short 40-50 years till he retires....

SquareLeft;n3554031 said:
Nice that someone is happy about this. I certainly am NOT!
He is a great judge, very experienced, knows English well enough to be able to read what's actually in the Constitution... What's not to be happy about? Even if you don't like him you should be happy that the whole process is over we can stop watching Feinstein, Booker, Harris, and company throw temper tantrums. The fears that he will overturn Roe are about as silly as the fears that evil racist Trump is going to wage war on anyone who isn't white - complete nonsense

LeVeL;n3554034 said:
He is a great judge, very experienced, knows English well enough to be able to read what's actually in the Constitution... What's not to be happy about? Even if you don't like him you should be happy that the whole process is over we can stop watching Feinstein, Booker, Harris, and company throw temper tantrums. The fears that he will overturn Roe are about as silly as the fears that evil racist Trump is going to wage war on anyone who isn't white - complete nonsense

The real problem is that it's a lifetime appointment and just like with anything else in life you simply don't know how he'll do.

This will galvanize the left and the republicans will pay in seats and loss of the house and senate.

Watch what crazy comes out of Trump when he is handcuffed like Obama was.

Or it does the same to the right who have seen how low Dems are willing to stoop to push their agenda.