Tea Party Candidate: Let's secure our borders east german style!

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
79 Opel Kadett|72 Ford Country Sedan|03 Volvo XC70
The United States should borrow ideas from Communist East Germany to keep its borders secure, Alaska's Republican Senate candidate Joe Miller suggested at a town hall Sunday night.

"The first thing that has to be done is secure the border," Miller said when asked about illegal immigration into the United States, Alaskan blogger Steve Aufrecht first reported.

Miller continued, "East Germany was very, very able to reduce the flow. Now, obviously, other things were involved. We have the capacity to, as a great nation, secure the border. If East Germany could, we could."

The Tea Party-backed candidate, who is a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, explained that he once served at the Fulda Gap, a point on the former East-West German border. East Germany's border troops were given orders to shoot anyone trying to flee East Germany.

Following the same town hall meeting, a reporter for the Alaska Dispatch was handcuffed and detained by private security guards working for Miller while trying to ask Miller a question.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20020018-503544.html

Alaska has a problem with illegal immigration? Couldn't they just use radar or so to spot the russians coming or is this about the canadians?

Do the Tea Baggers have anyone who has half a brain cell?

Monkey see, monkey build wall.

"If East Germany could, we could."

I don't think that's a good way to motivate people.

Clarkson was right, people in America are breeding with vegetables.

Now where do you start on this one ...

If you compare the wall to something and want to take something away from it in a sense of "learning from it" ... you might want to think more in terms of a Prison with 16 Million Inmates. Wanna imprison your own country? East germany is what you want to take as your model. Or maybe North Korea (24 Million Inmates). Border security or immigration wise you might want to look somewhere else ...

Alaska has a problem with illegal immigration? Couldn't they just use radar or so to spot the russians coming or is this about the canadians?

I was thinking the same thing. God these people are stupid.

Not really, they are just part of the NeoCon nut jobs. Ron Paul was gaining traction with his movement, so the NeoCons jumped in and took it over.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

<deep breath>

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man."

Sure, you can call him insane, racist, etc. But there's some truth in that.

Yes, I could see how Alaska would have a problem with people fleeing to Canada, both for health care and to flee morons like mr. Miller. However, against the Russians, they don't even need a radar. They just need to set up watch from Palin's tanning bed.

"If East Germany could, we could."

I don't think that's a good way to motivate people.
Imagine if a democrat found a good, reasonable quote from Mao's little red, and used it. And it came out. Bow-wow!

I would like to point out this is the same guy who had his private security guards, who happened to be active duty military moonlighting for a private security company that lost their license, 'arrest' a reporter then handcuff him to a chair for half an hour.
Let's just hope this man with the brain of a baboon does not get a position of power. In -any- way.

I'm willing to BET mr. Miller compared the health reform to the Soviet Union. BET!

Yes, I could see how Alaska would have a problem with people fleeing to Canada, both for health care and to flee morons like mr. Miller. However, against the Russians, they don't even need a radar. They just need to set up watch from Palin's tanning bed.

True the Russians won't be such a problem, but you forgot all those Canadians who want cheaper booze. :p

And the Americans wanting cheap meds? :p

I think that you are not allowed to import meds to the US.

Yep. Gotta prop up Big Pharm. And guess what they won't be lowering their prices for our universal heathcare.

I have often wondered why are your meds soooo expensive. I can get anything I need for a 10 GBP per prescription, thank you NHS. Many people on long term meds or on limited means it is free.

Last edited:
I have often wondered why are your meds soooo expensive. I can get anything I need for a 10 GBP per prescription, thank you NHS. Many people on long term meds or on limited means it is free.

Because they can get away with charging those prices. Does the U.K. have the same patent law as the U.S. in regards of pharmaceuticals?