US of A Presidential Elections 2012

Good Point but at the time I was thinking about good Catholics like the Kennedys and Nancy Pelosi who have went against their Church with things like abortion. I should have put Republicans in there too my apologies.

I do tend to believe there is always the possibility to believe in a God, to belong to a faith, but not to subscribe to every single potential idea that faith might entail. Most catholics tend to believe the Pope to be God's man on earth, and following his creed being a religous duty, but that's a personal choice. One might believe the Church itself to be in error, but still believe in elements like the power of the Saints and confession. I'm not a religious man, and my understanding of the catholic faith is rudimentary at best, however, I do think there's a parallell in Islam.

Some will argue that the hijab is not a religious duty for a muslim woman. And looking at Islam's teachings on the subject, there is indeed much to back up that claim. But that's irrelevant. The Holy Bible does not demand confession, nor does it explisitly demand that one doesn't dance, and while those are both facts, Catholics will go to confession, and puritans might very well decide not to dance. It has nothing to do with religious scripture, it is a question of religious teaching. It's a question of upbringing.

If you've been brought up to believe that as a woman, you must wear a hijab, then that is a religious duty for you.

As this charming muslim girl, living in the Hezbollah controlled refugee camp Shatila i Beirut might illustrate, though, it may not be for others. :)

6292367021_6c52690c80_o.jpg

This will seem an awful lot like a terrible digression, but I think it illustrates my point. A faith in God can never be subject to set number of paramaters, because faith is different to different people. :)

From my experience in Saudi Arabia I can tell you that Saudi Women have some of the most beautiful eye I have ever seen. But then that is all you will see from a woman in Saudi Arabia. I would hate to be a woman there. I once saw a fellow in his little white Nissan Truck cruising down the road with his young sons up front with him and his wife in daughters in the back. These same trucks normally had a camel or sheep in the bed, so that tells you how high women rate there.

Saudi Arabia is one of the most barbaric nations on earth. Wahabism is the driving direction of Islam behind the Taliban, and the Taliban started in the Saudi financed madrasses in Pakistan. Just to give one example.

One of the most prolific funders of terrorism in the world has been Saudi Arabia for quite a time, but I believe their royal princes has dialed it back a bit after 9/11.

Still, a good ally.

I don't see what's wrong with that?

They will never represent the little (poor/middle classes) peeps. They live off in a world that is secluded from the rest of us.

I hate Bachmann, but apparently she drives a Ford GT.

I'm torn..:p

I think that was taken before the house was her's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyVF1glhAfk

Paul Wins Illinois Presidential Straw Poll
by The Associated Press

text size A A A November 6, 2011
Texas Rep. Ron Paul won a statewide straw poll that sought to determine Illinois voters' unofficial preference for the GOP presidential nomination, the Illinois Republican Party said Saturday night.

Paul won the poll with 52 percent of the vote. He won in both online and total votes.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney carried Illinois' in-person voting with 35 percent of the vote.

The Illinois straw poll ? at 3,649 votes ? surpassed such large states as Ohio, Florida and California that held straw polls earlier this year.

"[Saturday]'s straw poll was an excellent opportunity to showcase our party's strength one year out of the election," Illinois Republican Party Chairman Pat Brady said in a statement. "I am pleased with [Saturday]'s turnout and look forward to building on our successes from 2010."

Online voting started Oct. 29 and paper balloting went on throughout the day Saturday at about two dozen sites across Illinois. By Saturday morning, 2,400 online ballots had been filed.

Any Illinois voter could cast a ballot in the GOP straw poll with a $5 contribution to the state party. Other candidates on the ballot were: Michelle Bachman, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, John Huntsman, Rick Perry and Rick Santorum.

"I congratulate Congressman Paul on his victory," Brady said. "It is clear Illinois Republicans are gearing up (for a) tremendous election year in 2012."

The Illinois primary is March 20. Illinois is considered a state with much Democratic support. The state's electoral votes in 2008 went to President Barack Obama, who is a former U.S. senator and state senator from Illinois.

Herman Cain won a Tea Party straw poll last month in suburban Chicago, receiving 77 percent of votes from TeaCon 2011 participants. The convention included representatives from tea party groups in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin.

They will never represent the little (poor/middle classes) peeps. They live off in a world that is secluded from the rest of us.

Perry and Romney are the only ones on that list with anything eye opening. I've lived in both Leesburg and Mclean, VA (Santorum and Gingrich on that list), and both of those houses are nothing out of the ordinary in those areas. In fact, Gingrich's house is downright cheap compared to what he lives next to.

The homes of the GOP

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/homes-of-the-gop-candidates.html

Anyone still think these people can represent you?

Are you kidding me? There are plenty of millionaires in the Democratic Party Too.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's net worth skyrocketed 62% last year, to a jaw-dropping $35.2 million, according to financial disclosure forms released Wednesday.

Many of those politician?s in Washington are money bags.

Did I say the Democrats were exempt? No, there are plenty of democrats that are rich and don't really represent anyone other than their own interests. That article was focused on the GOP, so I did not represent it as anything but.

True enough. I actually learned that fact from Conservapedia. So far, the only fact to be learned from Conservapedia. They stated that she was the second or third richest member of Congress or something like that. What I did find funny was that they didn't state the correlating information in the first column of the article(s) about the richest (and perhaps the second richest) members. Who were both republicans.

But I agree. Just looking at wealth doesn't tell much of a story.

So what do you folks think about term limits for Congress?
I know here in Alaska we tend to vote always for the incumbent unless we think they are really crocked like Uncle Ted (RIP). We do that so we can maintain seniority in the House and Senate which of course equals power.
As seen in the recent Health Care Bill the senior Congressmen/women blackmailed those without seniority to get their votes. Meaning that they would never get anything passed for their state. Those members with some seniority that were against the bill were bribed to get their vote. When I say bribed I mean their pet projects were approved by the Senate and House. Of course many of those who were blackmailed by the Senior Democrats now have new jobs. Now this tactic happens on both sides of the aisles I only use the Health Care Bill because it was so recent. From what I understand this is a standard practice by all and somehow it is accepted!
No group of people should have that kind of power, how can you represent your state/district with this kind of blackmailing going on?

The problem is that congressmen and women take an oath of office to the United States. But most of them wouldn't dream of supporting a scheme that will help the nation if it hurts their state the slightest bit.

You'll never get past that problem in any electoral system, not completely, but you do need to get some control of it.

Term limits might be a good idea. The current system leads to republicans and democrats being blackmailed all the time. But that's not the real issue. The real issue is that each party can spend as much on a congress race as some nations spend on a general election. There is just too much money, and representatives are in debt to special interest, wether it be pharmaceutical companies or teacher's unions.

You've legislated corruption. That's the base issue. As one of my honorable debatants has written in his avatar; "I don't believe corporations are people until Texas execute one". I'm paraphrazing that, by the way.

???Page not found
We're sorry! This page is not available. Please visit the CNN homepage or use the search box below.????
Nice Link LOL

Damn it, link was working when I looked at it originally.

Edit: I realised what was wrong, it was missing the l at the end for html. It will work fine now. Edited my previous post as well.

Last edited:
It works now Lightning.
I should be interesting to see how this all plays out. We have seen this before and it came to not. Right now he has generated massive amounts of money since this has happened. Part of the reason for this is it has happened so many times and turned out to be unsubstantiated that people tend to believe the politician and not the accusers.