Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun politics thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Blind_Io View Post
    Probably. Utah Gun Exchange is planning on launching a video hosting service to fill the gap left by YouTube. The whole company started when the local Not-Craigslist banned the sale of firearms related items, do this isn't new territory for them.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll be all over that once it is launched.
    Me:
    2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
    2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

    Wife:
    2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
    2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

    Originally posted by Mitchi
    Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

    Comment


      https://www.full30.com/
      My 1988 Lancia Delta HF Turbo
      My 1991 Volvo 960 Turbo

      Comment


        Originally posted by avanti View Post
        Already there, it's a ghost town.
        Me:
        2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
        2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

        Wife:
        2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
        2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

        Originally posted by Mitchi
        Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

        Comment


          Comment


            This guy's not on the right, but I know for a fact he's a gun owner:


            Comment


              Originally posted by GRtak View Post
              There is no contradiction there. What you are failing to take into account is that people become lax with things they do on a regular basis. Add in inadequate training, and they can't even recognize when they are becoming lax.

              When I got my CCW, it was not an easy process(early 90s). Now that things are much easier, I see on a regular basis how careless some of these people are. You would think they are carrying a screwdriver instead of a firearm. It is amazing to me how many people want to come and show off the gun they are carrying. Most of those do so without ever removing the magazine, or the bullet in the chamber. Some of those also do so while touching the trigger. One of those has shot himself not long after.


              An example of one of the teachers from Parkland that supported arming the teachers becoming incredibly careless with his firearm. He did not realize he had left it until he heard it discharged where he left it.



              The Parkland teacher left the weapon in a cubicle where a homeless man found it and fired it.
              "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

              We’ve gone from 'Hope and Change' to 'Hope and Change Your Story.' -Bill Maher

              Comment


                Roughly 100 million gun owners in the country, you found one case.


                Or let me put it this way, there are roughly 2000 unintentional shootings a year (not sure if fatal) and there are 3500 accidental drownings, POOL CONTROL!!!
                (Drowning data - https://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreatio...factsheet.html)

                Last edited by prizrak; April 13th, 2018, 3:36 PM.
                ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

                Comment


                  Originally posted by prizrak View Post
                  Roughly 100 million gun owners in the country, you found one case

                  Or let me put it this way, there are roughly 2000 unintentional shootings a year (not sure if fatal) and there are 3500 accidental drownings, POOL CONTROL!!!
                  (Drowning data - https://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreatio...factsheet.html)
                  Nothing any of us will say will make a dent in to those that are hell bent in taking our rights away and falsely spewing misinformation and or lack of common sense.

                  I had an argument with an anti-gunner and I felt like I was talking to a brick wall.
                  Me:
                  2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
                  2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

                  Wife:
                  2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
                  2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

                  Originally posted by Mitchi
                  Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by JCE View Post

                    Nothing any of us will say will make a dent in to those that are hell bent in taking our rights away and falsely spewing misinformation and or lack of common sense.

                    I had an argument with an anti-gunner and I felt like I was talking to a brick wall.
                    Interesting thing about GR is that he used to sell guns
                    ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by JCE View Post

                      Nothing any of us will say will make a dent in to those that are hell bent in taking our rights away and falsely spewing misinformation and or lack of common sense.

                      I had an argument with an anti-gunner and I felt like I was talking to a brick wall.

                      I often feel the same way when trying to have a conversation to a staunch pro gunner(hmm, anti-gunner?), especially the last bit.

                      I own guns, and I did legally sell them. I am not in favor of banning guns. I am one of those that see problems with the way things are and I am willing to have a conversation about how things can be changed. Most pro gun people are just holding out to keep the status quo, and not bringing anything meaningful to the conversation. By being a participant in the conversation, I am hoping to bring sane changes to the way things are.
                      "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

                      We’ve gone from 'Hope and Change' to 'Hope and Change Your Story.' -Bill Maher

                      Comment


                        And when guns are banned

                        <Ice> Oh, you're the kiddy anime guy.
                        "The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were."
                        John F. Kennedy

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by GRtak View Post


                          I often feel the same way when trying to have a conversation to a staunch pro gunner(hmm, anti-gunner?), especially the last bit.

                          I own guns, and I did legally sell them. I am not in favor of banning guns. I am one of those that see problems with the way things are and I am willing to have a conversation about how things can be changed. Most pro gun people are just holding out to keep the status quo, and not bringing anything meaningful to the conversation. By being a participant in the conversation, I am hoping to bring sane changes to the way things are.
                          You say that however you have yet to make any workable proposals. Also not sure about others but I'm not OK with the status quo I want state laws brought in line with the Constitution, carry reciprocity would be a nice start and dismantling idiotic laws such as NYC that requires me to prove that I have a credible threat to carry a weapon.
                          Last edited by prizrak; April 14th, 2018, 6:35 PM.
                          ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by gaasc View Post
                            Good to see gun control doing so well in London because people haven't figured out how to kill people with other...oh wait. And now we need knife control!! Then flatware control!! Then wood stick control!! Then let's cut off people's hands!! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!

                            All kidding aside, give me a break. This is irrefutable proof the tools are not the problem, it's the people.
                            Last edited by JCE; April 14th, 2018, 8:35 PM.
                            Me:
                            2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
                            2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

                            Wife:
                            2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
                            2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

                            Originally posted by Mitchi
                            Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

                            Comment


                              Dick’s Sporting Goods Will Destroy the Assault-Style Weapons It Didn’t Sell


                              More brilliant decisions from people who totally aren't virtue signaling. Buy tons of weapons, inflating the profits of gun manufactures, and then destroy the weapons to show the anti-gun side how virtuous you are. Good job Dicks. Keep it up, I'm sure the gun manufacturers won't complain if you want to double down and do it again. Keep giving them large sums of money in order to drive your own business into the ground. Truly genius.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by JCE View Post

                                Good to see gun control doing so well in London because people haven't figured out how to kill people with other...oh wait. And now we need knife control!! Then flatware control!! Then wood stick control!! Then let's cut off people's hands!! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!

                                All kidding aside, give me a break. This is irrefutable proof the tools are not the problem, it's the people.
                                Dangerous weapon seized by Hackney Police:

                                https://twitter.com/mpshackney/statu...667328?lang=en
                                ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

                                Comment


                                  Jesus, that's a damn butter knife.

                                  I feel for the normal citizen in the UK. I mean fucking seriously, they (law makers and law enforcement) are off their rocker there with this shit. If we don't stand up for our constitution here that is our future. Knife bans. I've got dozens of blades and a few swords, and I won't give em up. Neither will I give up my firearms.
                                  Me:
                                  2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
                                  2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

                                  Wife:
                                  2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
                                  2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

                                  Originally posted by Mitchi
                                  Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by JCE View Post
                                    Jesus, that's a damn butter knife.

                                    I feel for the normal citizen in the UK. I mean fucking seriously, they (law makers and law enforcement) are off their rocker there with this shit. If we don't stand up for our constitution here that is our future. Knife bans. I've got dozens of blades and a few swords, and I won't give em up. Neither will I give up my firearms.
                                    This is exactly why I am always so resistant to any kind of restrictions, you already can't walk around with a knife in NYC, hell my buddy got bitched at by NYPD for a Leatherman multitool and he was like "dude really?" Despite what we are being told, the end goal is dismantling 2A completely, we can see the slippery slope in some states already.
                                    ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by prizrak View Post

                                      This is exactly why I am always so resistant to any kind of restrictions, you already can't walk around with a knife in NYC, hell my buddy got bitched at by NYPD for a Leatherman multitool and he was like "dude really?" Despite what we are being told, the end goal is dismantling 2A completely, we can see the slippery slope in some states already.
                                      Are you serious? He was harassed because he had a Leatherman multitool? And knives are banned in NYC? For fucks sake...

                                      And I agree about the ultimate goal being to erode the 2A and in the end all of our rights.
                                      Last edited by JCE; April 23rd, 2018, 2:13 AM.
                                      Me:
                                      2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
                                      2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

                                      Wife:
                                      2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
                                      2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

                                      Originally posted by Mitchi
                                      Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by JCE View Post

                                        Are you serious? He was harassed because he had a Leatherman multitool? And knives are banned in NYC? For fucks sake...

                                        And I agree about the ultimate goal being to erode the 2A and in the end all of our rights.
                                        Knives aren't so much banned as there are certain constraints on what you can carry, in theory it only affects things like switchblades, balisongs, etc... For example a spring assisted knife is illegal, anything over 4" is illegal, in reality they can harass you for anything. In terms of what happened to my friend, they do random bag searches for getting on the subway in some stations* and they found it in his bag and gave him shit for it.

                                        *Funnily enough it's only on entry into subway and only on some stations in Manhattan, so if you wanted to blow up say Grand Central, you could get on at like my stop and just transfer to any of the trains that go there.
                                        ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

                                        Comment


                                          Liberals to look at 'full ban' on handguns, assault weapons

                                          The federal government plans to study a full ban on handguns and assault weapons in Canada.

                                          A mandate letter to Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction Minister Bill Blair from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau sets the minister to the task of working with Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale on policy, regulations or legislation on gun control.

                                          He will also be in charge of studying a total prohibition on certain firearms.

                                          "You should lead an examination of a full ban on handguns and assault weapons in Canada, while not impeding the lawful use of firearms by Canadians," the mandate letter reads.

                                          It also outlines other jobs for the new portfolio, including leading the government's plan to deal with asylum seekers entering Canada outside official border points (which the letter refers to as "irregular migration"), overseeing the legalization of marijuana and cracking down on opioids.

                                          The issue of gun control arose after the July 22 mass shooting in Toronto's Greektown.

                                          Trudeau promised at the time that the government would take steps to ensure Canadians are safe, but did not say if the government was considering a handgun ban.

                                          "We're looking at things that have been done around the world, things that have been done in other jurisdictions, looking at the best evidence, the best data, to make the right decisions to make sure that we are ensuring our citizens, our communities are safe into the future," Trudeau said.

                                          Tony Bernardo, executive director of the Canadian Shooting Sports Association, said the mandate to study the handgun ban is "indicative of intent" to follow through.

                                          "It's very disappointing that an elected government would turn on two million law-abiding citizens that haven't done anything wrong and start looking at punitive measures of taking their lawfully owned property," he said. "You don't expect that stuff in a democracy."

                                          With a federal election just one year away, Bernardo said it would be "political suicide" for the Liberals to impose a gun ban.

                                          "If they want to start playing Russian roulette with the electorate, well okay, game on. If they think our community is going to meekly roll over and accept this, they're in for a real big shake."

                                          Heidi Rathjen, coordinator of gun control advocacy group Poly Remembers, called the study "very encouraging" and hopes the process unfolds quickly.

                                          She said a ban does not need to happen overnight; there could be grandfathering and buy-back programs.

                                          "There are different ways to get at it. It doesn't necessarily have to be taking away guns from people who bought them legally," she said. "The idea is that there's no new purchases of handguns and assault weapons and the government needs to endorse the principle that certain guns should not be in the hands of civilians."

                                          Long-time gun control advocate Wendy Cukier said whether or not a ban is ultimately imposed will depend on whether the government bows to well-resourced and organized gun advocates, or supports the less-loud gun control advocates pushing to protect public safety.

                                          "Unless average Canadians speak out, the gun lobby will win again," she said. Minister's marching orders

                                          Blair's mandate letter was released by the Prime Minister's Office on Tuesday, along with those for each member of cabinet.

                                          His other marching orders include:
                                          • Develop new policies and legislation to reduce organized crime, gang activity and money laundering in Canada, working with provinces, territories and municipalities, as well as community organizations, law enforcement and border agencies.
                                          • Lead talks with the United States on modernizing the Safe Third Country Agreement.
                                          • Seek additional opportunities to expand pre-clearance operations for travellers to the United States.
                                          Oh boy...
                                          The federal government will launch a study of a full ban on handguns and assault weapons in Canada, with the examination led by Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction Minister Bill Blair.
                                          "Men with guts attack those corners!" - Keiichi Tsuchiya
                                          2006 Acura TL and 1999 Mazda Miata

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X