Romania goes full Borat: public tv airs christmas carol about burning Jews

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
79 Opel Kadett|72 Ford Country Sedan|03 Volvo XC70
I know that Borat technically was Kazach, but the lyrics of a christmas carol that was aired on Romanian's public broadcaster TVR3 Verde last week are in the same league with Borat's version of the Kazach national anthem:
Romanians said:
The kikes, damn kikes
Holy God would not leave the kike alive
neither in heaven nor on earth
only in the chimney as smoke
this is what the kike is good for
to make kike smoke through the chimney on the street.
src

Last edited:
Quite a misleading and offensive thread title.
Actually, I don't know how it misleads. Unlike the "Jerusalem Post", I even refrained from directly linking the "kikes up the chimney" images to the Holocaust, one could say, I undersold what happened.

But what's a little antisemitism when you can bash the Germans? Please, just for a moment, think about the fact that you defend the people of Romania from an "offensive" thread title in face of blatant antisemitism.

Actually, I don't know how it misleads. Unlike the "Jerusalem Post", I even refrained from directly linking the "kikes up the chimney" images to the Holocaust, one could say, I undersold what happened.

But what's a little antisemitism when you can bash the Germans?

So a few of people from a Romanian province sings a carol which can be considered offensive by jewish people in a celebration broadcasted by a minority public broadcaster aimed at country people and Romania goes full Borat.

And where have I bashed the Germans anyway? :blink:

So a few of people from a Romanian province sings a carol which can be considered offensive by jewish people in a celebration broadcasted by a minority public broadcaster aimed at country people and Romania goes full Borat.
Ok, first things first: The wording "can be considered offensive by jewish people" is remarkably close to Holocaust relativization and has to be seen as a - in my opinion, shocking - defense of anti-semitism. The wording of the carol was not along the lines of "well, maybe Christians are better than Jews" or even including the classic "Jews are evil cause they killed Christ" ideology, but directly referred to murder and the burning of Jewish corpses (which, according to Jewish faith, prevents them from resurrection). This is more than just a tad offensive.

Keeping in mind the Holocaust, anti-Jewish unrest in Hungary right now and a whole bunch of "secret council of rich people pulling the strings in the world" conspiracy theories, which only leave the word "Jew" from directly quoting the Protocols of the Elders of Zion floating around, anti-semitism is a problem that societies, that humankind as a whole has to fight, not something that "might offend" some Jews.
Expanding on this, the broadcast of a "christmas carol" like this on a public broadcaster, no matter if aimed at rural populations or not, is a scandal that should not be swept under a rug. If people running a broadcaster are so ignorant of anti-semitism that a thing like this goes unnoticed for days, it certainly points at a problem of society at large.

And where have I bashed the Germans anyway? :blink:
This refers to you well-know aggressive reactions to any post by German users of this board. I take it back, sorry.

Last edited:
Romania going full Borat? Don't worry, that happened years ago. And I say that as a citizen of the country.

Pretty much this. Love the country, hate the people.

Pretty much this. Love the country, hate the people.

This whole thing about this Xmas carol is a small indication of some mentalities that run through most of the nation. For various reasons, many people in this country are resentful towards anyone and everyone and everything whom they feel have wronged this country and its people (sometimes with reason, sometimes without), and this brings about a lot of voices that want to discriminate against anything that is not from this country. This also leads these people to believe all the nutcase conspiracy theories about stuff like Zionism, New World Order and all that crap, which just makes them hate foreigners and foreign customs even more.

Okay, maybe this opinion isn't 100% accurate, but this is the view one gets whenever one reads the comment sections on Romanian news websites whenever a news story from outside the country is published. The Internet has definitely made the stupidity of some Romanian citizens more accessible to everyone.

EDIT: Probably the best composite term to use for these people is PATRIOTARDS.

Last edited:
Wow. That's pretty disgusting. I hope Mossad goes full Munich on their asses.

Do you really care about what a few guys sing somewhere in the middle of Romania? I wouldn't.
Now you're changing the subject. You said that this is, and I quote: "a carol which can be considered offensive by jewish people". That phrase implies that some "jewish people" might not find this offensive at all. So I ask you, what part of "make kike smoke through the chimney" should I not be offended by?

Now you're changing the subject. You said that this is, and I quote: "a carol which can be considered offensive by jewish people". That phrase implies that some "jewish people" might not find this offensive at all. So I ask you, what part of "make kike smoke through the chimney" should I not be offended by?

If someone in some city that I can't even put on a map had sung that all Spaniards should burn in a chimney I wouldn't give a shit. Then again you are completely free to feel as offended as you want.

If someone in some city that I can't even put on a map had sung that all Spaniards should burn in a chimney I wouldn't give a shit. Then again you are completely free to feel as offended as you want.

Yeah, there's a slight difference there in that there's still people around whose parents or grandparents actually went up said chimneys in a rather untoward manner (feel the understatement). Feel free to try again with your false equivalence.

I'm not trying to justify or deny the Holocaust in any way, I have never and will never do that, OK? I'm also not trying to justify what those tards in Romania have done, I'm just saying that from my point of view it's better to ignore them than to give them an attention they don't really deserve.

[...] I'm just saying that from my point of view it's better to ignore them than to give them an attention they don't really deserve.
And you are perfectly free to ignore them. You know, you don?t have to tell people you give a shit about stuff they do care about. People generally don?t like being told that something they care about is but a shit in the wind to you. If you mind getting pissed off reactions by people, maybe don?t try to piss them off ...

I for once care about stuff like anitsemitism and racism in other EU & NATO countries.

And yes, the thread-title isn?t well picked ...

Every country has their percentage of morons, and with technology the way it is, the whole world can find out instantly.