2016 USA Presidential Elections

If I wanted to increase my chances of cancer I'd start smoking or move to Chernobyl, no need to go through so much pain as to read those comments...

It takes a particular mindset. Similar to the one where my girlfriend ends up watching political news all night long even though it just makes her angry.

Remember the fake hate crime wave?

I noticed an article about those anecdotes is already on the front page of CNN.com. Has the anti-Trump beating made it there yet? Did I miss it?

So why, if pro-Trump violence is so rampant, do we have zero evidence of it, to the point where anti-Trumpers feel the need to fake it? Yeah I know, "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence," but why are "Trump hate crimes" getting so much coverage while we have evidence of anti-Trump violence ONLY?

Anyone here care to explain it? Because right now it simply looks like in-group vs. out-group narrative pushing. And that's how fucking cults work.

This Youtuber also noticed the lack of verifiable incidents, and looked into it more deeply by performing a experiment to test one reporter's journalistic integrity:

Spoiler: She not only failed miserably, but also refused to set things straight when her "error" was plainly spelled out for her.

And recently, she clumsily tried to smear the guy who exposed her by interviewing him under the guise that she intended in good faith to acknowledge her misdeed and apologize:

Another example where practically no one would take the regressive left's side if the MSM's coverage of the conflict wasn't hopelessly biased. Fake news indeed.

Pfft, go back to watching racist Fox News, you racist white male, and take your privilege with you! #notmypresident

:lmao:

This is just more evidence that Democrats operate based on emotion, rather than facts or logic. Ironically, the only video evidence of politically motivated violence that I've come across, has been against Trump supporters.

This is just more evidence that Democrats operate based on emotion, rather than facts or logic.

Were it so easy to pin it solely on Democrats in a year when the former Speaker and still-influential Republican Newt Gingrich honestly argued that feelings on violent crime matter more than the actual facts of it.

But the real nugget that is in no way surprising to anyone who actually pays attention is the first sentence right under the FBI stats chart:

The reason this should terrify you is because almost everybody does it.

Those on the far left react on feelings that Trump will start walking around in leather boots with a red armband on and order the LGBTQ community exterminated to make more living room for Real Americans?, which is hardly any different from those on the far right feeling like they need to hoard guns and ammo for the showdown with the Muslim President? who wants to institute Sharia Law throughout the US (just to give two examples). Both those groups have damned the facts, full feelings ahead. Those nearer the center can talk to each other with facts, but can't reach to either side's peanut gallery of emotion.

And why should this surprise anyone? Facts are good for debates and arguments to change people's viewpoints on things, but changing a viewpoint doesn't necessarily inspire people to vote. For that, every presidential nominee I can remember appeals to emotion. What are "Make America Great Again", "Yes We Can", "Country First", and so on if not concise appeals to emotion, calling on action from those who feel America isn't great, that we can do this, that the country has been sidelined? Hell, one of the defining political images that will end up in textbooks is the Obama "Hope" poster, and the very definition of "hope" is "A feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen". Facts change opinions or support arguments, but feelings are better at inspiring action and getting people out there.

So yeah, I'm not at all surprised some from the far sides are acting on feelings. And neither should you.

Pfft, go back to watching racist Fox News, you racist white male, and take your privilege with you! #notmypresident

:lmao:

This is just more evidence that Democrats operate based on emotion, rather than facts or logic. Ironically, the only video evidence of politically motivated violence that I've come across, has been against Trump supporters.

Funny, ignoring facts and logic is what republican politicians do all day every day, specially on Science related subjects and issues.

... those on the far right feeling like they need to hoard guns and ammo for the showdown with the Muslim President? who wants to institute Sharia Law throughout the US (just to give two examples).
Did that really happen? I don't remember anyone suggesting that Obama will institute Sharia.

Funny, ignoring facts and logic is what republican politicians do all day every day, specially on Science related subjects and issues.

You mean like gender being a figment of the human imagination that has nothing to do with biology? Or the birth canal being a magical portal that magically bestows humanity on clusters of cells that pass through it? :p

Did that really happen? I don't remember anyone suggesting that Obama will institute Sharia.

"Anyone" in this case includes Michele Bachmann on some nutter's radio show. Being radio, it's difficult to link to the actual thing, but here's a critical summary, with the important bit below:

Once you take away people?s ability to be able to speak, this is not a small right, this is everything, it is game over because then all of the power and authority has been given over to the Islamist. The Islamist is the only one who gets to dictate what we can say and what we can do, and what we can print and what we not print, and who can assembly and how they can assemble, because at that point Sharia Islamic law in effect becomes the law of the land because the Islamist gets to have the authority, not anyone who opposes Islam. This is a very, very important issue.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Now if you're looking for someone on the level of Gingrich speaking to a respected national outlet, you're right in that it gets impossible to point to an article where they're directly quoted as saying "Obama will institute Sharia", much in the same way as I'm not aware of a prominent Democrat or progressive saying "Trump will institute Nazi policies"; contrary to some popular opinions, politicians at that level are not imbecilic enough to say such things on a whim.

Not that they need to. They leave breadcrumbs of issues in their wake that the extremist followers connect, fairly or not, to form those extreme feelings. It's a very logical outcome of constant denials of Obama's birth and questions of his faith to then transitioning to fear-mongering on Sharia law usurping the Constitution (like Gingrinch was doing around Obama's re-election) to getting some people to believe Obama is a secret Muslim that wants to institute Sharia. Political leaders aren't saying it and I never claimed they did; but the stuff they do say gets picked by their more panicky followers and spun into tall tales and feelings of extreme bad things about to happen. If you want to see it in action, go find some political news item on any major news site or Facebook and dive into the comments; there are some wild ideas roaming around in there.

I'm 70% sure it's been insinuated by some fringe people. I'll have to look once I'm not on a work computer.

It's so funny that Trump has so far been unwilling to divest from his business ventures, including his role as executive producer on Celebrity Apprentice....but he will shut down his charity to avoid a conflict of interest. Wow. Just wow.

It's so funny that Trump has so far been unwilling to divest from his business ventures, including his role as executive producer on Celebrity Apprentice....but he will shut down his charity to avoid a conflict of interest. Wow. Just wow.

I still struggle to make sense of what is happening with the country. How is this not some comedy? This is as if a group of people were attacking a car enthusiast with a 60s muscle car collection for causing too much pollution, and him saying "Fine, okay...I'll get rid of my one Tesla."

The whole situation is unprecedented (or is unpresidented, I forget...)

Trump is now mad that the inteligence agencies released information to the press that paints him as compromised. He also says he is a germaphobe, "Believe me"...

I find that hard to do.

"If this was leaked, it would be the greatest blot on the intelligence organisations. An embarrassment, really."

"Sure it's a shame the DNC got hacked, but look at all of the incredible information we found out!"

What did they release? Anything besides something that not a single outlet besides BuzzFeed would publish?

- - - Updated - - -

[video]https://youtu.be/jZmqhe_8jA0[/video]
I can't embed from my phone for some reason.

:roflmao: F U CNN

Last edited: