Political WTFuckingtosh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Political WTFuckingtosh

Because random doesn't do these sorts of things justice.

And to start it off properly:

Michigan Lawmaker Reportedly Concocted Fake Scandal To Cover Up A Real One

And here is the audio from the Detroit News article.
    "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

We’ve gone from 'Hope and Change' to 'Hope and Change Your Story.' -Bill Maher

Well shit. How do you even top that?
    Saying smaller engines are better is like saying you don't want huge muscles because you wouldn't fit through the door. So what? You can bench 500. Fuck doors. - MadCat360

Comment

Have faith in The Donald...
      - Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!

Comment

I didn't even see the thread and read about the story. What gets me is that the blackmail sounds more like people just started to catch on to their relationship. That precipitated being kicked off a committee assignment and then he needed a reason why to out the affair. To out the affair to his aide he invents the blackmail asking the aid to invent the gay scandal to "inoculate the herd" with a sex story. I don't know if the way he terms things like the "Lansing Mafia" he actually believes that his "enemies" are in smoke filled back rooms but it sounds like he's got trouble with reality.

Comment

I have not followed this that closely, but it seems to me that if he was getting blackmailed, he could have called the State Police or the FBI and just revealed the affair. He instead creates a huge lie and wants others to lie for him to cover the truth which will only last a short while anyway..., to what end? I am sure he has violated several "Ethics Rules" and he could be ousted from office if anyone was really that interested in getting him out, but he will not get re-elected in his area (fairly religious) anyway. The Lansing Mafia is just a way for him to blame others for his incompetence and continue his delusions.
          "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

Comment

His claim is that he created the lie about blowing gay prostitutes to "sting" the blackmailers. I don't know how...

The recording of him talking to his aid are priceless because you can hear the aid "il probably go... away". Like hes putting together an investigation will bring all of this to light and he would be the fall guy in jail.

If he was blackmailed your right simply go to the police you get a free ride because the blackmail is actually a crime not having a bad marriage. You say violated ethics rules but small potatoes in a very big soup if the blackmail was how he describes.

The Lansing Mafia sounds suspiciously like Ted Cruz's "Washington Cartel"

Comment

The Lansing Mafia is an offshoot of the Washington Cartel, but don't tell anyone.

Comment

So, Alabama is currently following the latest trend of Republican-led states facing massive budget shortfalls. To fix this, State Sen. Paul Sanford set up a GoFundMe page to fund the state government, the idea being that anyone could donate what they want, as well as determine what it's spent on, all without resorting to that awful tactic of raising taxes a bit. Yeah.

As of this writing, they've raised ~$1000. They're asking for at least $300 million.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/...ery_alaba.html

(Apparently, Sanford still thinks he's making some grand point about about how taxes are bad, rather than proving exactly why they're needed, and why voluntary donations alone aren't enough)
                "If you're following your grandmother's ambulance to the hospital and accidentally rear-end the ambulance as it pulls into the trauma bay...
                As the confused EMT is coming to get your insurance info, the only truly logical response is to run out to the hospital parking lot, steal a truck, and GTFO "

--------------
                <Patrician|Away> what does your robot do, sam
                <bovril> it collects data about the surrounding environment, then discards it and drives into walls
                --------------
                "When being persuaded by books you initially disagree with is considered "brainwashing"�well, we're in trouble."

Comment

Hmm. I wonder where the money is being allocated by the donors.

Comment

Originally posted by GRtak View Post
                    Hmm. I wonder where the money is being allocated by the donors.
                    You can see it in the donation messages.
                    "Please use this money to fund abortions."
                    "Please use this money for black lives matter"
                    "Admit that Georgia is a better state than Alabama."
                    "Just a friendly Canadian trying to help."
                    "Please use this money for cab fare to your local library and check out any economics text book by Friedrich Hayek"
                    "From the Gay Confederate Flag Burning Society of Alabama! Please earmark for rainbow flags atop all government buildings."
                    "Earmark this for a state official to take Budgeting 101."
                    ..and there's more! It's quite telling that most donations are the minimum $5.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptopygia View Post
                      So, Alabama is currently following the latest trend of Republican-led states facing massive budget shortfalls.
                      But, but, Reaganomics! Trickle down! Lower taxes = more tax revenue!

Comment

Originally posted by Delll View Post
                        You can see it in the donation messages.
                        "Please use this money to fund abortions."
                        "Please use this money for black lives matter"
                        "Admit that Georgia is a better state than Alabama."
                        "Just a friendly Canadian trying to help."
                        "Please use this money for cab fare to your local library and check out any economics text book by Friedrich Hayek"
                        "From the Gay Confederate Flag Burning Society of Alabama! Please earmark for rainbow flags atop all government buildings."
                        "Earmark this for a state official to take Budgeting 101."
                        ..and there's more! It's quite telling that most donations are the minimum $5.

Comment

Originally posted by GRtak View Post
                          Because random doesn't do these sorts of things justice.

And to start it off properly:

Michigan Lawmaker Reportedly Concocted Fake Scandal To Cover Up A Real One

And here is the audio from the Detroit News article.

Back to where this thread began. I took a bit of a step back away from politics and news and here is some I missed in regards to this. This is a program that is about State level politics, and they covered this in the last two episodes. Apparently the plot thickens as there is a claim that a Private Investigator was hired and knows who the Blackmailer is...

First video starts off about 1:20 in and runs for about 8 minutes.

http://video.wkar.org/video/2365545297/

Next video starts about 10 minutes in and runs 4.5 minutes. There is another segment that starts about the 23 minute mark that is with another State Representative.

http://video.wkar.org/video/2365549829/

Comment

Iowa GOP Kingmaker Has a Slavery Proposal for Immigration

Comment

Jerry Bance, Conservative caught peeing in mug, no longer candidate, party says

'I deeply regret my actions': Appliance repair technician caught on CBC Marketplace hidden camera in 2012followed just hours later by news that the party had dropped another Toronto candidate, Tim Dutaud, after YouTube videos surfaced of Dutaud making prank phone calls that included derogatory comments about people with disabilities.

Speaking during a campaign stop in Toronto Monday afternoon, Conservative Leader Stephen Harper faced questions from media about both candidates but offered little in response.

"What this says is that we keep the highest standards for candidates and that these two individuals are no longer candidates," he said.

In a statement released Sunday evening, Bance said "the footage from that day does not reflect who I am as a professional or a person.

"I deeply regret my actions on that day."

Response to the story on social media sites was nearly instantaneous. The hashtag "peegate" was soon trending on Twitter, as Twitter buzzed with disparaging jokes, comments and bad puns targeting Bance and the Conservative Party.

The Conservatives' political rivals took the opportunity to make a few jokes at Bance's expense.

"I guess that this was one mugshot that Canadians weren't expecting from the Conservatives," said NDP Leader Tom Mulcair.

Mulcair was speaking to reporters at the annual Labour Day parade in Toronto, where he's spending the day campaigning for the Oct. 19 vote.

"This must be someone who's adept at Stephen Harper's trickle-down theory of economics," Mulcair said smirking. "Any other questions?"

Speaking Monday evening at a campaign event in Summerside, P.E.I., Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau said the incidents show Harper is out of touch and "didn't bother" to find out the past of two of his candidates.

"And he lost them today," Trudeau said of the candidates, before slipping in a barb to the local crowd over suspended Senator Mike Duffy's residency troubles.

"But really, is that something so surprising from a man who still believes Mike Duffy is a Prince Edward Islander?"

Comment

It is over. The two from Michigan were forced out.

Michigan Lawmaker Quits, Another Is Expelled Over Bizarre Sex Scandal

That is about half the article. But I just want to say, Buh bye to these two. I am willing to bet that both will run again as soon as they can.

Comment

The video must have been really something too...

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/p...igns/73040942/
                                  Rep. Jud McMillin, a rising star in the state's Republican Party, abruptly resigned Tuesday.

The Indianapolis Star has learned that the surprise resignation came after a sexually explicit video was sent via text message from McMillin's cellphone. It's unclear who sent the text or how broadly it was distributed.

The Brookville Republican sent a separate text message apologizing to his contacts for "anything offensive" they may have received after he said he lost control of his cellphone.

McMillin, whose Facebook page says he is married, did not respond to messages from The Star seeking comment. He said in an emailed statement only that he has "decided the time is right for me to pass the torch and spend more time with my family."

"Now I want to focus all of my attention on making my family's world a better place," he said.

McMillin said in a text message last week, "My phone was stolen in Canada and out of my control for about 24 hours. I have just been able to reactivate it under my control. Please disregard any messages you received recently. I am truly sorry for anything offensive you may have received."

McMillin was elected to the District 68 seat in southeastern Indiana in 2010. He quickly rose through the ranks to become majority floor leader and was widely considered one of the more ambitious lawmakers in the House Republican caucus.

"Our caucus is thankful for Representative McMillin's service to our state, and we fully support his decision to step down in order to focus on his family,"
                                  I don't know what does spending more time with your family do to curb your sex video making desires?
                                  Last edited by Momentum57; September 30th, 2015, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Whoops.

And a note about the Michigan duo. They have both signed up for the special election to replace themselves.

Comment

The Michigan duo failed, but it is still not all over yet. There is a lawsuit by some of the former employees against the House Of Representatives over it all.

But this post is really about this rant at a local town council meeting. The good stuff starts about 24:50 in.

Comment

Missouri state legislator wants cyclists to fly 15 foot flag on lettered highways.

I heard about this last week and it blows my mind as to what this guy is up to. A 15 foot flag poses a safety risk to the cyclist, bridges, electric lines, passing trucks. Plus, it looks damned ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                        X