Swedish police cover up sexual assaults at Stockholm festival for two years

I am saying there are many more variables and that it is not as simple as this. If this were a gun discussion you would also dismiss any such simple correlation and it's the same here.

Level: "Banning guns dropped gun related crime rates in some countries?* It cannot be that simple! Banning north african males from some parties drops rape-rate? That MUST be the solution! Derp Derp!" ;)

But if you want your solutions simple, rapecrimes would drop towards zero if we'd lock every man inside their homes ... which is not anything I'd be suggesting, but as stupid&simple Correlations go, it does not get simpler or stupider than that ...

*not trying to start a gun discussion here and to derail the discussion, but I recon this is something you might relate to.

Your analogy doesn't hold up, one is an inanimate object that requires an actor to do anything the other is the actor itself.

Plenty of sex abuse cases where the abuser is a woman.
Which is exactly why I wrote "rapecrimes would drop towards zero" and not "would be zero".

- - - Updated - - -

Your analogy doesn't hold up, one is an inanimate object that requires an actor to do anything the other is the actor itself.

You call your penis an actor? Clooney or Pitt? :bunny:

(I'd respond more seriously to your argument but I don't want this to derail into another gun discussion. The point being looking for overly simple answers for complex problems stands no matter if you think I am comparing apples to oranges - which actually makes my point more valid - as it confirms what I was trying to convey here. This ain't that simple just like that side of the analogy of which you demonstrate that you aren't just gonna the simple answer for. You have your "but", your "what if", your "It's not the same" - which is exactly my point here)

Last edited:
You call your penis an actor? Clooney or Pitt? :bunny:[quote/]
Tom Cruise, cuz it's small but ladies still like it :p

(I'd respond more seriously to your argument but I don't want this to derail into another gun discussion. The point being looking for overly simple answers for complex problems stands no matter if you think I am comparing apples to oranges - which actually makes my point more valid - as it confirms what I was trying to convey here. This ain't that simple just like that side of the analogy of which you demonstrate that you aren't just gonna the simple answer for. You have your "but", your "what if", your "It's not the same" - which is exactly my point here)
I never said it was simple, all I am saying is that it's not a particularly good comparison.

[video=youtube;lI8Oq-1ydVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI8Oq-1ydVk[/video]