BRexit : Shall UK stay in EU or go now?

Let's not forget official government policy for the last, what, 35 years?
Surely you're not saying that Margaret Thatcher's "Screw the working class!" approach to politics had something to do with the working class getting screwed? :shock:

Surely you're not saying that Margaret Thatcher's "Screw the working class!" approach to politics had something to do with the working class getting screwed? :shock:

Of course not. It's the working class fault for wasting the vast amounts of wealth brought to the UK by the undertaxed financial markets and by all those rich people that have to spend their money somewhere, after buying land properties everywhere, plus some of the korean-produced computers, italian-produced cars, Indonesian-produced holidays, US-produced phones, US-produced entertainement, Russian-produced caviar, Saudi-produced petrol, brazilian-produced coffee, Colombian-produced Cocaine they've invested in, and after having stored the rest in swiss banks or financial institutes in the Barbados. Of course is the EU problem for having wasted half of the British industrial production. Can't you see that the rest of the world got richer, in the meantime, by selling computers, cars, holidays, phones, entertainement, caviar, petrol, coffee, cocaine, and to the working classes too? Where the heck was the British workink class? Voting for the EU? Out! They're already lucky that they can underpay Polish workers for building luxurious properties someone else will buy and that they can do the paperwork for moving someone else's money around all day.

Look at me everybody, I'm British!

:p

IDK...

I'd probably vote to stay in the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe each of us need to redefine our borders... From Iceland to Turkey, the birth of a new nation, a pan European nation.
Call it The United States of Europe for all I care.

Last edited:
It'd be sad to see the UK leave the EU but then again, it really never got to feel at home in it anyway. If despite all the discounts and exceptions the Britons have gotten already, they still feel it's best to leave, then I say let them leave.

But leave completely. Don't leave and then try to keep any influence in European matters.

Just leave a small white spot between Germany and Italy, thanks.

Switzerland has so many bilateral contracts with the EU that de facto it's part of it, if not officially.

Btw., looks like you don't have to leave Switzerland after all, when you fill out a form wrong or are caught speeding ;) Congratulations

CcTAKrgW4AA2hXn.jpg

It'd be sad to see the UK leave the EU but then again, it really never got to feel at home in it anyway. If despite all the discounts and exceptions the Britons have gotten already, they still feel it's best to leave, then I say let them leave.

But leave completely. Don't leave and then try to keep any influence in European matters.
It's not about discounts or exceptions, it's about putting in more money to the EU than getting in return.
The UK puts in the most money... So I've heard.
Some countries don't even give any money, and take the most.
We're using our money to pay for other countries as well as our own one.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to Amsterdam again this June anyway...

- - - Updated - - -

Amsterdam_Front_2016.jpg

So that's me sorted...
Have even been buying/saving Euros for my trip ever since I got the ticket last January.

It's not about discounts or exceptions, it's about putting in more money to the EU than getting in return.
The UK is one of the more wealthy countries in the EU, so of course they pay more than they get. You're not the only ones doing that, and by far not the worst off. But that's only the direct transers. Reducing the EU to this one simple cost-based formula which doesn't even capture all the financial effects means you're not getting it at all.
The UK puts in the most money... So I've heard.
No, the UK does not put in the most money. According to what I found with three minutes of searching the web, namely the net payments in 2015 and a little different showing of the data (both in German) and some charts in English, the UK pays the third-most in absolute terms after Germany and France, which is only natural given the population and economic prowess.
If you judge by payment per capita or in relation to the country's GDP, the UK is even better off.

Last edited:
Quite frankly, I've only been to continental Europe just once in my life.
Amsterdam was like if Central London and Croydon had a baby and gave that baby pot.
This was last September, point is, it felt like Croydon to me and Central London too at the same time.
Europe should be 1 country if it's all going to look the same.

BRexit : Shall UK stay in EU or go now?

I thought the UK wasn't part of the European Union purely because they still have their own currency.... :|

I thought the UK wasn't part of the European Union purely because they still have their own currency.... :|
What?
No.

If Britain were to exit, number plates/license plates'll go back to black.
DSC00903.jpg

oppose to
funny-number-plates-1-615x373.28.620x413.jpg

and British passports were Black (before the EU)...
_48863217_passportsoldbritones.jpg

But this is my passport now.
Ukpassport-cover.jpg

(proud unicorn and lion).

Quite frankly, I've only been to continental Europe just once in my life.
Amsterdam was like if Central London and Croydon had a baby and gave that baby pot.
This was last September, point is, it felt like Croydon to me and Central London too at the same time.
Europe should be 1 country if it's all going to look the same.

Well, without the EU, it's probable your future lies in becoming a low-income country with a weak currency. So I wouldn't worry about that too much -- most of the Britons won't be able to afford going to the continent anyway :p

Well, without the EU, it's probable your future lies in becoming a low-income country with a weak currency. So I wouldn't worry about that too much -- most of the Britons won't be able to afford going to the continent anyway :p
? 2 world wars and 1 world cup, we won, we won ?
Also, what are you smoking?

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, the UK owns Europe.

Who paid for all those roads in Spain?
Who liberated Europe from Napoleon?
Who liberated Europe from Hitler?

Need I say more?

I went to Europe, looked flat and not so well built.
I figure if I was born there, I'd march all over it too.

I think it's quite self centered how everyday Europeans forget themselves when it comes to Great Britain.
It's like Marks & Spencer Vs. Lidl; One's cheap - the other's British.

Last edited:
Who do you think UK are?
Greece? Ireland? Portugal?
I'd like to see an Airbus try and leave the ground with out the wings built in Wales.
The French building Concord would have been 'super' ;) but it was Britain that made it 'supersonic'. :p
And not to be funny, but it really was Air France that ended that dream.

Last edited:
You need a history lesson or few.

At least his chauvinistic rants explain his low reputation.