• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.
    1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
    2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
    1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
    2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
    2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

Originally posted by Blind_Io View Post
      The top 1% already controlls more than 50% of the wealth.
      It's not the 1% that steals a third of my paycheck every two weeks - it's the government. Bring on the tax cuts!!!
      "Men with guts attack those corners!" - Keiichi Tsuchiya
      2006 Acura TL and 1999 Mazda Miata

Comment

Bring on the deficit, you mean. Also, this tax bill will cost you more immediately thanks to increased helth insurance premiums and fewer deductions and exemptions. They are putting $5 in your shirt pocket while taking $10 out of your wallet, and somehow you think you are $5 ahead.
        What flavor is GOP brand Kool-Aid?
        Last edited by Blind_Io; December 2nd, 2017, 7:54 PM.

No trees were killed in the transmission of this message;
        but a stupendous number of photons and electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Last edited by 93Flareside; December 2nd, 2017, 8:18 PM.

Comment

Ass flavored.

Comment

Bring on the deficit, you mean. Also, this tax bill will cost you more immediately thanks to increased helth insurance premiums and fewer deductions and exemptions. They are putting $5 in your shirt pocket while taking $10 out of your wallet, and somehow you think you are $5 ahead.
              Do you know how much Level pays for his health insurance? Do you know how this tax plan will impact his personal tax rates? Or are you making assumptions?

The problem is that most of our money goes towards entitlement programs, like social security and welfare, and any time anyone even talks about reforming those they get accused of hating the elderly and the poor. So yeah, the best you can hope for is tax cuts, because the spoiled overprivileged trust fund babies we've had running our country since before I was born aren't ever going to do anything meaningful or smart for our country.

But anyway, here is Ben Shapiro's take on this whole thing.

Comment

Most of the tax money goes towards the military. End of story.
                "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

We’ve gone from 'Hope and Change' to 'Hope and Change Your Story.' -Bill Maher

Comment

I am making assumptions based on how the tax plan will affect an average tax payer. Those who live in states with higher state taxes will be disproportionately affected; MA isn't particularly high on state tax, so I didn't bring that up. Here is a break down of how the tax plan will affect an average American household.

TL;DR:

Increase the standard deduction, but eliminate the personal exemption: -$1,450 in savings

Fewer tax brackets: -$175 in savings (but we think you can save more by doing your simplified taxes yourself instead of paying someone)

Reducing the property tax deduction: No effect for the typical household.

Limiting mortgage interest deduction: No effect for the typical household.

Child credit: +$600, at least until it sunsets in a few years.

Based on these numbers of a statistically average home, an average family will be $1,025 worse off than they were before the tax plan; this will only get worse when the individual relief sunsets and the corporate breaks continue. It also doesn't include the other provisions, such as eliminating the individual mandate which will balloon health premiums. There is strong consensus of economists that this is a bad plan and balloon the debt, which will result in a financial crisis down the road. The GOP promise that it will increase growth to pay for itself will not play out, it has never played out that way all the other times we have tried it, going back to the 19th century. What this plan does look like is corporate asset stripping, which will absolutely ruin the economy.
                  Last edited by Blind_Io; December 2nd, 2017, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GRtak View Post

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ograms-mostly/
                    Last edited by TC; December 2nd, 2017, 10:22 PM.

Comment

My healthcare premium is high because of Obamacare, not tax cuts. I saw a big spike when that garbage passed.

Comment

Expect another one with the individual mandate being gone.

I was paying more for my $5,000 deductible plan than I was paying for my mortgage before the ACA, no insurance company would insure me and my work didn't offer healthcare. I know how much it hurts, which is why I was glad when it passed. Kiki and I decided to get married when I found out my insurance was going up another $100 per month to nearly $600 for coverage so shitty that I still paid cash out of pocket for regular procedures, avoided medical care even when I was sick, and never went in for preventative care because I couldn't afford it.

What we need is single payer healthcare.

- - - Updated - - -

The funny thing is that most the people bitching about humanitarian aid say we should spend that money at home on our own people, then bitch about human services spending.
                        Last edited by Blind_Io; December 2nd, 2017, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigB View Post
                          Ass flavored.

Comment

Exactly. There needs to be a re-evaluation on whether the current is too much and where things can be cinched up.

Comment

We need a poll...

Comment

No thanks, I'd rather not get even more money stolen from my paycheck.

Bewbies

Comment

That misses a few things that are really military spending but are hidden in other departments. The nuclear program cost is hidden within the Department of Energy. There are also a lot of veterans that are disabled that are receiving either medicaid, medicare, social security, or some combination. That is all on top of the 20% (15% military + 5% veterans benefits) that goes towards the military.

Look into the costs of retiring a nuclear reactor and who pays for that. Hint, it is not the power company. Not to mention the costs with the nuclear waste. That was all part of the rush to get into production on missiles in the 40s and 50s.

Expect another one with the individual mandate being gone.

I was paying more for my $5,000 deductible plan than I was paying for my mortgage before the ACA, no insurance company would insure me and my work didn't offer healthcare. I know how much it hurts, which is why I was glad when it passed. Kiki and I decided to get married when I found out my insurance was going up another $100 per month to nearly $600 for coverage so shitty that I still paid cash out of pocket for regular procedures, avoided medical care even when I was sick, and never went in for preventative care because I couldn't afford it.

Having been there myself, I know exactly what you are talking about. The only way I could afford insurance is due to the ACA. That is about to go down the toilet.

The funny thing is that most the people bitching about humanitarian aid say we should spend that money at home on our own people, then bitch about human services spending.

I think the right wingers(at least the ones I have talked to) lack any empathy. This is apparent in many issues they talk about.
                                  "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

Comment

I think the right wingers(at least the ones I have talked to) lack any empathy. This is apparent in many issues they talk about.
                                    Republicans donate more to charity than being Democrats though...

Comment

That misses a few things that are really military spending but are hidden in other departments.
                                      Those things aren't "hidden" in other departments, they're placed in their proper category. Trying to lump nuclear power plants as military spending? Lets be real. When people talk about cutting military spending, I don't think they're talking about shutting down power plants in the US. Or cutting healthcare for injured vets, for that matter. They're talking about the actual military, doing actual military things.

How bigoted of you. Are you sure you're not a right winger?

So is that why right wingers donates more money to charity than the left? Because they have no empathy?

If helping the poor was like sex, charity would be consensual, tax based programs would be rape. Being against rape doesn't mean you're against consensual sex. Being against tax based programs doesn't mean you're against helping those in need. It would be nice if some of you "left wingers" could at least try to understand that point, rather than just assuming it's all one big lie from greedy evil people with no empathy that want others to suffer.

Comment

The only reason the nuclear energy program exists is because of nuclear weapons. If it weren't for nuclear weapons, no power company would take on the task of a nuclear power station and the expenses that come after it can no longer produce power. There is no way they can, or could charge enough for the power to make it worthwhile.

Comment

The only reason the nuclear energy program exists is because of nuclear weapons. If it weren't for nuclear weapons, no power company would take on the task of a nuclear power station and the expenses that come after it can no longer produce power. There is no way they can, or could charge enough for the power to make it worthwhile.
                                          So it has nothing to do with clean energy, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                          X