The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

OQfRjP0.jpg

Yes, he's quite literally asking people to donate to him in order to stop the media from repeatedly pointing out his incompetence.

The survey that precedes it isn't much better...

On the subject of Trump vs Intelligence community. If indeed they are trying to undermine his presidency, not unlike what arguably happened with JFK. Don't you think the same thing would be happening with Bernie Sanders? Anybody that tried to upset the status quo would be facing these obstacles or worse (of course worse may still be done to Trump).

It's pretty damn frightening.

No. Sanders may not have been their choice, but he is able to be trusted.

So Conway made up an attack in Bowling Green. Sean Spicer in Atlanta. Now Trump in Sweden. Apparently he may have been confused with a segment on Fox News taking about Sweden and that turned into a terrorist related incident. OMG

No. Sanders may not have been their choice, but he is able to be trusted.
I think you missed Firecat's point: it has nothing to do with whether or not the elected leader is trustworthy, but if they could be seen as trying to usurp the status quo.

Bad hair said:
"You look at what's happening in Germany. You look at what's happening last night in Sweden ... Sweden ... who would believe this?

We are having a lot of fun with figuring out what happened last night. We have no idea, but we guess Trump is a big fan of Melodifestivalen (our Eurovision selection) and was as surprised as we were to see an 87-year old advance to the final. Or maybe he was shocked by the extremely shiny intermission. Not much else happened last night.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-sweden-terror-lie_us_58a8f397e4b045cd34c263d3

Last edited:
So Conway made up an attack in Bowling Green. Sean Spicer in Atlanta. Now Trump in Sweden. Apparently he may have been confused with a segment on Fox News taking about Sweden and that turned into a terrorist related incident. OMG

I don't know why people are going crazy over the Bowling Green comments. We all know which event she was talking about and terrorists WERE involved. She misspoke bigly with the massacre bit but that's literally one word that's not accurate. Again she WAS talking about a real event and we can go read about it.

Her larger point was that the media doesn't cover terrorist attacks, which is false. They actually give attacks too much coverage.

This has the quotes from at least three occasions she mentioned bowling green.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...onway-fake-bowling-green-massacre-three-times

So it's one word that changes the entire meaning to suit her purpose. Yes, I think she was quite confused and properly didn't read the stories properly when they came out and that morphed into something else.

It's just that now we have 3 events that were Trump administration officials (and Trump) misspeaking. There are enough terrorist incidents out there without the need to make up more (of the Muslim v west variety, Muslim v Muslim, generally crazy, and good old fashioned right wing kind).

Trump already did one amazing thing by being elected, he got people paying attention and trying to seek out facts, no other US politician in recent history has been under this much scrutiny

I think you missed Firecat's point: it has nothing to do with whether or not the elected leader is trustworthy, but if they could be seen as trying to usurp the status quo.

I really don't believe this has to do with the status quo, and has everything to do with whether the intelligence services trust our President.

Weird poll but whatever. For my sources I out down "Reuters; CBS; BBC; The Guardian; The Economist; National Review; Politico: YouTube channels such as Rubin Report, Daily Wire and Louder with Crowder."

I don't know why people are going crazy over the Bowling Green comments. We all know which event she was talking about and terrorists WERE involved. She misspoke bigly with the massacre bit but that's literally one word that's not accurate. Again she WAS talking about a real event and we can go read about it.

I don't think we do know what event she was talking about. Bigly mistakes should not happen at this level. Add in the list of terror attacks they said were not covered, and this is a stinking pile of propaganda being used to get this terrible policy some support.

Last edited:
When you have people in power with 5th grade science knowledge, you do have to put in quite an effort to fact check them.

Terrorists (Iraqi iirc) were arrested in Bowling Green a while back. Basically, if you delete the single word "massacre", she is 100% correct.

'Massacre' doesn't just slip into sentences by accident.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/massacre said:
Massacre: An indiscriminate and brutal slaughter of many people.

Trump already did one amazing thing by being elected, he got people paying attention and trying to seek out alternative facts, no other US politician in recent history has been under this much scrutiny

FTFY

Basically, if you delete the single word "massacre", she is 100% correct.

"Mike Tyson is violent and massacred people."

If you delete the word "massacred" it would be 100% correct.

Words matter. Even a single word in the wrong place can change the meaning of the whole sentence. Or of a political agenda.

I largely agree. I just don't think this is so earth-shattering that we need to discuss it for a week. These people aren't career politicians and they slip up (a lot) - I don't see why this is such a huge deal (this example specifically, that is).

If it were an isolated incident, discussion would wane. However, they come up with new preposterous things every day, things that are googleable falsehoods. Latest: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39020962

As for not being career politicians and therefore not knowing how to talk, at least Conway knows exactly what she's saying and has the career to prove it.
If Trump were the expert negotiator he claims he is, he'd know how to talk too.

Last edited: