The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Trump stops at Trump International Hotel Waikiki to thank employees

President Trump stopped at Trump International Hotel Waikiki during his trip to Hawaii on Saturday so he could "say hello" and thank employees.

Trump did not stay at the hotel on Friday night and the stop was a detour on the way to the airport, where the president will embark on a trip to Asia.

A statement from press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that Trump wanted to congratulate employees on the "tremendously successful" project.

The Hawaii hotel which bears Trump's name is not actually owned by the Trump Organization. A statement on the hotel's website reads that the hotel "is not owned, developed, or sold by Donald J. Trump, the Trump Organization, or any of their affiliates."

Not owned by him so he doesn't get any immediate profit, but a little free advertising and support for the Trump brand can't hurt.

...and by free, I mean, on tax-payer funded official trips.

If they increase the value of the brand by pumping it from the White House, then he is getting a benefit as other properties will have to pay more for licensing and be more likely to buy into his brand for the exposure.

So still super scummy.

So some tepid Democrat wins VA and it?s hailed as a defeat against Trumpism. Dems will make the case that centrism is the way to go moving forward and progressives/leftists should just march in lockstep.

That would be an interesting change, because many Democratic candidates recently have been pretty far to the left and demanding centerists and moderates fall in line lest they hand wins to the GOP, Tea Party, and now the Alt-Right Nazis.

Personally, I would welcome more centerist and moderate candidates - and I don't particularly care which party moves to the middle first.

World hasn't exploded yet.

The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Doesn?t feel like we?ve gone anywhere. Just a lot of pissing in the wind.

So some tepid Democrat wins VA and it?s hailed as a defeat against Trumpism. Dems will make the case that centrism is the way to go moving forward and progressives/leftists should just march in lockstep.

The VA election has flipped from the presidental the last 5 presidents in a row.

That election means fuck all. IDK what the media is on about.

The VA election has flipped from the presidental the last 5 presidents in a row.

That election means fuck all. IDK what the media is on about.

Gotta cash in on that Trump hate.

Last edited:
Gotta cash in on that Trump hate.

For all that the liberal media outlets in this country pretend to be concerned by policy, decisionmaking, and the true substance of journalism, even a cursory inspection of their reporting practices shows that Trump is just another way for them to drive views and profits.

While I don't object to this in theory, the US' populace incredible ability to ignore something so serious and to allow themselves to be drip-fed this vapid bullshit is depressing and disheartening.

If it was just VA, you might have a point, but the GOP was trounced pretty much everywhere.

If it was just VA, you might have a point, but the GOP was trounced pretty much everywhere.

That just makes it weirder that they only focused on VA, to me at least.

Agreed. To add to the media's BS, how about the fact that they're so damn biased and report only what suits their viewers' desires for content, rather than just providing the news without bias or opinion. As bad as Fox can be at times, CNN and MSNBC (among others) have gone off the deep end. Remember when they were all in tears a year ago when Trump's victory because clear? I don't remember Fox being happy or upset by election results, they just reported on them and tried to provide some analysis.

You can thank Nielsen for that. The nightly news used to be a public service the networks provided in exchange for access to broadcast spectrum. There were no ads, no corporate-sponsored "news" stories, and no fake news. Nielsen decided to start doing ratings for the nightly news and suddenly it became about viewers - once it became about viewers, it became about money. Cable news is just an evolution of that business model.

That just makes it weirder that they only focused on VA, to me at least.

There was lots of movement in Virginia. Not only the governor, which was a 20-point trouncing, but it also included the election where the trans candidate beat the guy who put forth the trans/bathroom law. And while those are the two big headlines, the democrats claimed SEVENTEEN seats in the Virginia House of Delegates, taking the majority.

"I try so hard to be his friend" - what the hell has the POTUS been smoking to believe that?

Oh, right, tomorrow there will be a "what I meant was <insert something different here>"... :rolleyes: