The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

I never supported President Obama, but I always hoped he would be a good president and do good things for the country. I feel the same way about Trump.

This is about how I feel.

It's nothing short of astonishing how badly people want Trump to fail, want him to screw things up, want him to destroy the country, want him to start a war, etc. It's disturbing.

Want? Or afraid of?

And watching all these fascist cunts rioting and vandalizing and killing because of Trump makes me think he might actually be a good choice.

Killing? Please provide evidence.

How does them "fascist cunts" rioting lead to Trump being a good choice?

Want? Or afraid of?
It honestly seems like they want it. I mean, taking bets on his impeachment? Really?

If you want to see what real integrity, real class looks like, here you go:

before-he-left-office-bush-sr-left-this-touching-letter-for-bill-clinton-2.jpg

Killing? Please provide evidence.
Oh, give it time. There has been plenty of violence so far and a shooting that left someone in critical condition at a Milo speech at UW last night. It will happen, just like the violence against police officers. More and more hysteria is being stirred up and promoted. And no one will even try to calm it down until after some egregious atrocity occurs, like always.

How does them "fascist cunts" rioting lead to Trump being a good choice?
Well, you know how people used the fact that full on white supremacists were supporting Trump? And that was reason enough to vote against him? Yeah, same principle. I don't give a shit what anyone thinks, I'm no supporter of thought policing, I only care about what people actually do. Actions speak louder than words. And if these idiots I see on TV every other week burning everything down and attacking people, if they disapprove of Trump... well... that only makes Trump look good. Just like white supremacists only make him look bad.

I never supported President Obama, but I always hoped he would be a good president and do good things for the country. I feel the same way about Trump.

Damn right. If only to prove that you don't have to be part of the establishment to be a good president. Which is my biggest problem with Hillary.

And it's also a big reason why a lot of people didn't voted for Trump, but against Hillary.

I only care about what people actually do.

And yet,...
Oh, give it time.

And if these idiots I see on TV every other week burning everything down and attacking people, if they disapprove of Trump... well... that only makes Trump look good.

Communists protested and disapproved in early '33, if you transfer that principle...

And yet,...
Yes, and? Are murders the only thing that matter?

Communists protested and disapproved in early '33, if you transfer that principle...
Do the exceptions make the rule? People protest about everything. The powers of perfect hindsight mean nothing to me. Acting like violent fascist thugs is disgraceful. I don't care who does it. Even those idiots with their anti-Obama signs are an embarrassment to my country.

Here you say you "only care about what people actually do", and there you complain about killings that people didn't actually do.
But there have been killings. There was a story not too long ago about a guy who saw someone on the street that resembled Trump and he murdered him for it, believing that he was doing the world a favor or something. Has anyone been murdered in the past 24 hours over political leanings? I don't know. Possibly. I don't expect every killing and it's motivations to be properly investigated, reported, and released to the public that quickly. The point of my post was that there are people doing these sorts of violent things and it does far more harm than good to any "cause" they might be "protesting" over.

Evidence please.

My greatest worry is what happens around summer or so, when everyone can see that America is still not "great again".

My prediction is that like all bad leaders, he will try to blame the outside world and find scapegoats in foreign countries.

Like when the Germans blamed the Greeks for the toxic investments of the German banks?

- - - Updated - - -

"Nah"

-Rosa Parks

I refuse to accept this nationalistic asshole as my president.

You're equating "not my president" to Rosa Parks?

Anyhow, I didn't vote for Trump, but I'll judge him on his actions not conjecture. If he does something I disagree with I'll call him out on it. I care more about what people do opposed to what they say.

Last edited:
Like when the Germans blamed the Greeks for the toxic investments of the German banks?

If that ever happened, it mysteriously wasn't on the news here.

No, I meant stuff like Argentina invading the Falklands or George W. Bush invading Iraq.

What I find interesting, though, is how many now seem to gather behind Trump because he is "their president" and therefore they have to support him now.

No, they don't. Where do people get such rubbish?

He's still a narcistic, asocial, sexist loudmouth with a behavioural disorder. Only now he has nukes.

Last edited:
Would it be fair if we ignored the law and somehow Hillary became president? :no:

No love for Hillary but why wouldn't it be fair? More people did vote for her than Trump. Under our system it doesn't matter but in terms of fairness I think majority vote is a convincing argument.

Now if we got rid of EC and introduced STV that would be much better but let's face it there is no incentive for those who win the game under current rules to ever change them.

You're equating "not my president" to Rosa Parks?

No? "nah" was my answer, "not my president" was my reasoning as a figure of speech to indicate that I do not support the cheeto.

As for judging him on his actions, well there is plenty of that for someone to have a vote of "no confidence" after all, that is essentially what we vote for on election day. Just because he won does not automatically make him fit for the job nor does it mean the people that voted against him need to have faith in him. Trump represents everything I hate about America it's obsession with media, corporate greed, bigotry, trolling, and viewpoints that do not align with reality. I won't ever come around to this guy and will continue to look at every step he takes with the utmost scrutiny.

If Ronaldo scores a goal by throwing the ball like a basketball, would you say that's unfair or would you need some explanation why the rule "no touching the ball with your hands" is fair/unfair? We have a system set up by the constitution - as long as we follow the rules of the game, it's fair.

eizbear already covered it for me - legal does not equal fair or just. Slavery was once legal, it was part of the rules of the game. It doesn't mean it was fair or just. The Nuremberg Race Laws of 1935 were legal in Germany, but they were not fair or just.

Similarly, the Electoral College is the law, and I will not dispute this. But we can absolutely question and debate whether the Electoral College is fair and just.

NO! Absolutely not!!! That's how you get mob rule and the Founders specifically wanted to avoid that. That's the entire reason why we aren't a pure democracy.

So the reason why we are not a pure democracy is because the Founders said so and because they didn't want mob rule. But is mob rule guaranteed to be a bad thing? It relies on the presumption that "the mob" is always bad, and our citizens are mindless morons. Considering how education, civil rights, and society have improved since 1776, I think today's "mob" is not the clueless mass of of people it might have been back then.

Last edited:
NO! Absolutely not!!! That's how you get mob rule and the Founders specifically wanted to avoid that. That's the entire reason why we aren't a pure democracy.

Yet, mob rule is fine for all other aspects of our Democratic-Republic? You Constitution-thumpers treat the founding fathers like gods, remember these were humans beings and like all human beings, they are not infallible.

The electoral college is a crutch, end of story.

Last edited:
When it comes to the founding fathers, I think the results speak for themselves. America is a bit of a success story. Not perfect, by any measure, but a fair bit more successful than pretty much any other country in human history. I think our founders knew what they were doing. I look at the idiots we have in charge today and I have zero faith that we would have survived 5 minutes under their leadership back in the day. Now all we have are partisan hacks and corporate shills who only care about their account balance.

With Trump now in charge, I think some of you might be a bit more sympathetic to the conservative desire to see government size and power reduced and kept in check. It's all well and good when it's a leader you agree with, but the moment someone gets into the oval office that you don't approve of... well, now you know how we've been feeling. It's not good, is it?

The founders specifically wanted electors to avoid people like Trump, it's the entire reason you have the electoral college.

Later changes screwed that up - states realized they could wield greater power over other states by binding all their electors to the winner of the state. Once one state does this, all other states have to follow to not drop into insignificance. This pre-end-result rounding error screws up the result bigly.

In a republic as intended by the founders, Trump shouldn't have won the EC.