The FOOTball thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The FOOTball thread

El Clasico 6 - 2 to Barca, what an amazing game! Best footballing side ive ever seen...

Anyway gonna watch the Newcastle - Liverpool game, Liverpool will probably win like 7 - 0 . And also the Genova derby.

Aye i saw it, good game...i expected that it would be a few goals, but not that many. If th goals were more evenly divided between the teams it would have been a perfect game! But still a highly entertaining game.

I'll bet Newcastle will shock tomorrow...atleast i hope som

Comment

Originally posted by foreverer View Post
      El Clasico 6 - 2 to Barca, what an amazing game! Best footballing side ive ever seen...

Anyway gonna watch the Newcastle - Liverpool game, Liverpool will probably win like 7 - 0 . And also the Genova derby.
      BBC Sports Website clicky

Originally posted by BBC Sports
      LA LIGA RESULT
      Real Madrid 2-6 Barcelona

Comment

SHIIIIIIIIT
        I thought of watching the game but I couldn't be bothered and started work on my essays instead! Ah well, I guess I'll be crying myself to sleep for missing that IDIOT!

Comment

Originally posted by TobiasG View Post
          Aye i saw it, good game...i expected that it would be a few goals, but not that many. If th goals were more evenly divided between the teams it would have been a perfect game! But still a highly entertaining game.

I'll bet Newcastle will shock tomorrow...atleast i hope som
          The typical thing for Newcastle would be to win at Anfield, but still go down

Comment

..And that ladies and gentlemen, concludes a fantastic season..

"...If your patient is not making any respiratory effort and has no palpable pulse, however, is Alert on the AVPU scale. You can assume Zombie Apocalypse has occurred. Please turn to page 23 of your JRCALC..."

"But Jesus I counted three sets of footprints." Jesus' eyes narrowed as he drew his pistol. "Son of a bitch found us."
            IV - VIII - XV - XVI - XXIII - XLII
            ???s ??? ?? ?
            My Flickr Account

Comment

Congratz Jon for Wolves getting promoted .

Newcastle lost 0 - 3 to Liverpool, but i wasn't expecting anything anyway.

Now the Genova derby starts in about 5 minutes, ill be hoping for an Doria win.

Comment

101 Rangers goals. 30 this season. Le Enigma strikes again

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  ..And that ladies and gentlemen, concludes a fantastic season..

* picture of Wolves Championship Presentation *
                  Congrats to both Wolves and Birmingham for getting promoted to the Premier League.

Comment

That is the "easy" bit, now stay there next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobol74 View Post
                      That is the "easy" bit, now stay there next year.
                      Jon on his happy day.

Comment

I shall only put up one thing for now

Forza Viola!

Comment

Originally posted by Heathrow View Post
                          Jon on his happy day.
                          Stage whispers back "Oh OK - he probably knows though!"

Comment

I do.. I do.. but thank you for your kind words anyway.

If we can just survive this season, we'll be fine from then on.. i'm sure of it.
                            "...If your patient is not making any respiratory effort and has no palpable pulse, however, is Alert on the AVPU scale. You can assume Zombie Apocalypse has occurred. Please turn to page 23 of your JRCALC..."

"But Jesus I counted three sets of footprints." Jesus' eyes narrowed as he drew his pistol. "Son of a bitch found us."
                            IV - VIII - XV - XVI - XXIII - XLII
                            ???s ??? ?? ?
                            My Flickr Account

Comment

Cambridge are going to Wembley and we will win this year!

Comment

In other non Premiership news (which probably means none of you will find it interesting considering this thread's history thus far ), Serie A has decided to break away from Lega Calcio, and with it Serie B, in order to keep the money earned from the top clubs with the top clubs.

Should make Serie A teams much more of a threat in European competitions and I'm very excited to see what it will do

Comment

Wonder whether this will dissuade UEFA from implementing the 6-5 rules... it's about time, I'd say. After seeing the premier league's success, I was sorta surprised that most of the European leagues didn't do this.

Jake- Bishop of the Blue and White Roundel, Archbishop of the four rings.
                                  Blaro, No Boss, Watto and Jacobfox- RickRolling since 1989.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobfox View Post
                                    Wonder whether this will dissuade UEFA from implementing the 6-5 rules... it's about time, I'd say. After seeing the premier league's success, I was sorta surprised that most of the European leagues didn't do this.
                                    I don't think it would make that much difference to some of the English teams, Man United in particular.
                                    Last years Champions League final saw 6 English players start for Manchester United (Brown, Ferdinand, Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves and Rooney) so we would have filled the quota anyway.
                                    Even Cheslea had 4 (Terry, Lampard and Cole x2).
                                    If United had a fully fit squad, we would be fielding 5 English players as first choice (Brown, Ferdinand, Carrick, Hargreaves and Rooney) and next year Foster will become our first choice keeper which makes 6.
                                    Obviously it would affect Liverpool and Arsenal a bit more.
                                    Last edited by Peter3hg; May 5th, 2009, 6:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter3hg View Post
                                      Obviously it would affect Liverpool and Arsenal a bit more.
                                      Liverpool's in La Liga now right?

A scouser I used to date's family were all Everton fans and that's pretty much all they had to talk about when it came to Liverpool...haha

Comment

Originally posted by motogpboy View Post
                                        Liverpool's in La Liga now right?

A scouser I used to date's family were all Everton fans and that's pretty much all they had to talk about when it came to Liverpool...haha
                                        Don't shoot the messenger . Liverpool only have two regular English players (Carragher and Gerrard), and Arsenal only really have one (Walcott) although Almunia can officially become English soon.

Comment

Working...
                                        X