The FOOTball thread

foreverer

El Clasico 6 - 2 to Barca, what an amazing game! Best footballing side ive ever seen...

Anyway gonna watch the Newcastle - Liverpool game, Liverpool will probably win like 7 - 0 :cry:. And also the Genova derby.

Reactions: Jon
Aye i saw it, good game...i expected that it would be a few goals, but not that many. If th goals were more evenly divided between the teams it would have been a perfect game!:) But still a highly entertaining game.

I'll bet Newcastle will shock tomorrow...atleast i hope som;)

SHIIIIIIIIT
I thought of watching the game but I couldn't be bothered and started work on my essays instead! Ah well, I guess I'll be crying myself to sleep for missing that IDIOT!

Aye i saw it, good game...i expected that it would be a few goals, but not that many. If th goals were more evenly divided between the teams it would have been a perfect game!:) But still a highly entertaining game.

I'll bet Newcastle will shock tomorrow...atleast i hope som;)

The typical thing for Newcastle would be to win at Anfield, but still go down :(

..And that ladies and gentlemen, concludes a fantastic season..

0,,10307~5848068,00.jpg

Congratz Jon for Wolves getting promoted :).

Newcastle lost 0 - 3 to Liverpool, but i wasn't expecting anything anyway.

Now the Genova derby starts in about 5 minutes, ill be hoping for an Doria win.

..And that ladies and gentlemen, concludes a fantastic season..

* picture of Wolves Championship Presentation *

Congrats to both Wolves and Birmingham for getting promoted to the Premier League. :)

I shall only put up one thing for now

n802100110_6692123_8194197.jpg

Forza Viola!

I do.. I do.. but thank you for your kind words anyway.

If we can just survive this season, we'll be fine from then on.. i'm sure of it. :cool:

In other non Premiership news (which probably means none of you will find it interesting considering this thread's history thus far :p), Serie A has decided to break away from Lega Calcio, and with it Serie B, in order to keep the money earned from the top clubs with the top clubs.

Should make Serie A teams much more of a threat in European competitions and I'm very excited to see what it will do :)

Wonder whether this will dissuade UEFA from implementing the 6-5 rules... it's about time, I'd say. After seeing the premier league's success, I was sorta surprised that most of the European leagues didn't do this.

Wonder whether this will dissuade UEFA from implementing the 6-5 rules... it's about time, I'd say. After seeing the premier league's success, I was sorta surprised that most of the European leagues didn't do this.

I don't think it would make that much difference to some of the English teams, Man United in particular.
Last years Champions League final saw 6 English players start for Manchester United (Brown, Ferdinand, Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves and Rooney) so we would have filled the quota anyway.
Even Cheslea had 4 (Terry, Lampard and Cole x2).
If United had a fully fit squad, we would be fielding 5 English players as first choice (Brown, Ferdinand, Carrick, Hargreaves and Rooney) and next year Foster will become our first choice keeper which makes 6.
Obviously it would affect Liverpool and Arsenal a bit more.

Last edited:
Obviously it would affect Liverpool and Arsenal a bit more.

Liverpool's in La Liga now right? :p:p

A scouser I used to date's family were all Everton fans and that's pretty much all they had to talk about when it came to Liverpool...haha

Liverpool's in La Liga now right? :p:p

A scouser I used to date's family were all Everton fans and that's pretty much all they had to talk about when it came to Liverpool...haha

Don't shoot the messenger :p. Liverpool only have two regular English players (Carragher and Gerrard), and Arsenal only really have one (Walcott) although Almunia can officially become English soon.