No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts (Sports)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That numbers tell me you're quite fit. Fitter than "I've not been running for two years" would suggest anyway.

My usual mode of doing sports is to eat an apple or have something equally sugary beforehand and then have some dextro ready for emergencies. But I don't shy away from being down to 70 or so at the end of the workout, though (I don't even measure it outside of the usual pre-meal ritual unless I'm having symptoms of hypoglycaemia, which begin at about 60).

Comment

Well, I am playing table tennis regularly, with one or two practice sessions and/or games weekly so I haven't been completely lazy in the years I didn't run. Additionally, I have always been good-ish at anything involving a certain amount of stamina and running in a group is extra motivation to not being beaten by your weaker self. I won't do a marathon any time soon though, but I'd like to be able running 10 km without having to walk at some point.
      Why E10? I'm driving E46...

Comment

That sounds very good, I must say as well

I was out for a run today (after doing a little more running since the beginning of december, maybe... once or twice a week, something like that) and did 6km in some 31min. I was very happy with that.
        Also I've started to regularly swim again, which yields incredible results. Only went three times up to now, but I've already improved from 1.5km to 2.5km with a very low percentage of breast stroke. It seems I'm getting back into proper crawl technique, especially the breathing, which didn't work at all the first time back.
        2015 Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

So there's a hand egg game tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by h-p View Post
            So there's a hand egg game tonight?
            I usually don't care but a) the local team is in the final, and b) I can stream the game on my computer while browsing.
            "Men with guts attack those corners!" - Keiichi Tsuchiya
            2006 Acura TL and 1999 Mazda Miata

Comment

#winning

Comment

Worst playcall of all time. In ANY professional sport. Ever.

And I am not exaggerating.
                Originally posted by tigger
                The Lord spoke, "Let there be angry V8s, whistling turbos and big ass cams." And it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by British/Columbian View Post
                  Worst playcall of all time. In ANY professional sport. Ever.

And I am not exaggerating.
                  The reasoning made sense if you forget the fact it was still second down and you have Marshawn Lynch as your running back.
                  ??

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dKLjKetcNo

It will prob be only watchable via youtube from north america, but still - free first class "soccer" for you guys

beautiful language - milk&water - baseball vs. football - best god in show

Comment

Originally posted by Interrobang View Post
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dKLjKetcNo

It will prob be only watchable via youtube from north america, but still - free first class "soccer" for you guys
                      I missed it, but no probs; Fox Sports signed a broadcast deal with the Bundesliga, so I can just watch other games later.
                      2013 Dodge Dart 1.4T Limited 6spd First car! 12/2012 -
                      2013 FIAT 500 Pop Second/Girlfriend's Car! 03/2014 -
                      2003 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab 10/2016 -

Comment

This has been on my mind for a while... As PA'ers know, PA's Red Land Little League team is kicking serious ass at the moment. That's awesome for PA + we host the Little League World Series anyway so it's a reallllly big deal especially in York County where I live.

The team slogan for this push to win the World Series though is so...stereotypically Pennsylvanian and thus seemingly defeatist at first glance: #WhyNotUs

Huh? I feel like I'm just too dense, not into sports, and am missing something important. Maybe because Red Land is small and they wonder why a small town couldn't make it big?
                        "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Comment

First ever coach to win 5 rings.
                          First ever quarterback to win 5 rings.
                          First ever Superbowl overtime.
                          No one has ever come back from a 10 point deficit in the Superbowl... until tonight when the Patriots came back from being 25 points down.

I'm not a football guy. But that was an epic game.

Comment

Originally posted by LeVeL View Post
                            First ever coach to win 5 rings.
                            First ever quarterback to win 5 rings.
                            First ever Superbowl overtime.
                            No one has ever come back from a 10 point deficit in the Superbowl... until tonight when the Patriots came back from being 25 points down.

I'm not a football guy. But that was an epic game.
                            I hope someone was keeping an eye on the air in those footballs...
                            "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Comment

Sixth Super Bowl Win Continues To Elude Patriots
                              http://www.theonion.com/article/sixt...patriots-55231

There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by rickhamilton620 View Post
                                I hope someone was keeping an eye on the air in those footballs...
                                Damn it Rick, keep your eyes off of Tom Brady's balls!

Comment

Working...
                                X