EPL 2009/2010

Either Everton sucks this year or Burnley are really, really confident at home.

Everton started slow last year. There's no need to worry yet.

Everton have just sold Lescott. They now only have one recognised centre-back fit. They really need to buy somebody and fast.

Lucas Neill is available and is free. :think:

Btw Chelsea play Burnley at Turf moor this weekend. :unsure:

Either Everton sucks this year or Burnley are really, really confident at home.

A little from column A and a little from column B...

It is an intimidating place for away sides to visit. I know that is a cliche, but in the case of Turf Moor, it is true. The dressing rooms are under the rickety old Cricket Field Stand* and the club have special dispensation as they don't meet Premier League standards. (A communal bath, a couple of urinals and a couple of shower stalls. That is it. IIRC, one dressing room at Wembley is the size of both at Turf Moor, with room to spare.) Additionally, when I say under the stand, I mean directly underneath the seats, so the players can hear the fans making noise through the roof.

*The only stand in the country to feature under seat heating. Which was used once, before being deemed too expensive. Also, one of the last grounds of the 92 to have the players emerging from behind a goal, rather than in the middle of the pitch.

^I agree that was embarrassing to watch.

In the words of the special one, "SHUT UP, RAFA!"

In other news, I'm fantastic.

Man, villa's strong play today really saved my butt for the fantasy league this week. I think that game alone moved me up three places and netted me 20 points (and put me back into contention).

Man, villa's strong play today really saved my butt for the fantasy league this week. I think that game alone moved me up three places and netted me 20 points (and put me back into contention).

Frankly, I think 11 of us could've beaten that shit excuse for a Liverpool side on Monday. Villa was the only team that actually showed up for the match. :mad:

Matchday 4/Weekend 3 for the EPL

All matches at 3pm UK time, 10am US EDT unless noted. My picks in Bold

Saturday
Chelsea v Burnley (12:45 UK, 7:45a US)
Blackburn v West Ham- draw
Bolton v Liverpool
Stoke City v Sunderland
Tottenham v Birmingham City
Wolverhampton v Hull City
Manchester United v Arsenal (5:15 UK, 12:15 US)

Sunday
Portsmouth v Manchester City (1:30 UK, 8:30a US)
Everton v Wigan
Aston Villa v Fulham (4:00 UK, 11:00a US)

Would only disagree with Villa (Fulham to get at least a point) and Wolves (home win).

This weeks games from me, wins in bold & comments to be taken with a pinch of salt. :p

Saturday 29th August
Chelsea v Burnley ? should be a straight forward win for the blues
Blackburn v West Ham ? draw maybe? Could be anything on this game
Bolton v Liverpool ? The reds have to get their shit together soon, I?ve tipped them to win the league!
Stoke City v Sunderland ? Fortress Stoke last year, at worst a draw
Tottenham v Birmingham City ? Spurs flying & scoring goals for fun. (It won?t last!)
Wolverhampton v Hull City ? Cant see Hull winning on the road.
Manchester United v Arsenal ? Current form the Gunners should get a draw at least, but I think ManU will bully a win here.

Sunday 30th August
Portsmouth v Manchester City ? Bloody shambles meets money bags, City should win this easily but I have a sneaky feeling they?ll f*ck it up and get a draw or worse.
Everton v Wigan ? Should be a home win for the Toffees, but current form is erratic & Wigan are going well with a new manager
Aston Villa v Fulham - Should be a home win for the Villa, but current form is erratic & Fulham are always underrated especially recently with Hodgson.

Well I guess Chelsea welcomed Burnley to the Premier League.

The Arsenal loss was devastating to me. Clearly the better team on the pitch all match, one marginal penalty (If Almunia gets called, then Arshavin deserved one on the other end) and one freak OG. Still, its a long season, and Man United was totally out played for most of the match.

Loved the fight we gave when we went down the goal, no one gave up. Its a joke of a loss but it really shows we are in the title race.

Well I guess Chelsea welcomed Burnley to the Premier League.

The welcome wagon was three games late. I'll take that! We were never going to get anything from that - even the element of surprise had gone since we beat them last year in the Carling Cup. I think they'll be champions this year, and Ancelotti might even get them to the holy grail of the Champions League trophy.

To put the result in perspective - Burnleys entire wage bill and transfer kitty for the season is ?15 million. Chelsea earned more than that just from the Champions League last season and they didn't even make the final.

The Arsenal loss was devastating to me. Clearly the better team on the pitch all match, one marginal penalty (If Almunia gets called, then Arshavin deserved one on the other end) and one freak OG. Still, its a long season, and Man United was totally out played for most of the match.

Loved the fight we gave when we went down the goal, no one gave up. Its a joke of a loss but it really shows we are in the title race.

Wayne Rooney was talking shit after the game saying that Man U comprehensively outplayed Arsenal. What a load. You can talk, Wayne, when your score sheet doesn't look like this:
Manchester United 2-1 Arsenal
Referee- 59' ___ Arshavin- 40'
Diaby (OG)- 64'

Oh hey, didn't notice that we had a sports forum now. Liverpool supporter checking in!