EPL 2009/2010

Hotpants

Car(s)
KIA Sportage
So, are you a Scouser or a scumbag? :p

Me myself, i'm a scouser, been a poolfan since i was in diapers.
Who will win EPL, who signs who etc etc... :p

Arsenal will win the league... undefeated. Again.

Joined. I'm Jackson 4 FC

Last edited:
So, are you a Scouser or a scumbag? :p

I'm no scumbag. Liverpool fan through and through. Though I'll never claim to have the history of supporting the club that some people have. I only hopped on after their incredible comeback in the Champions League in 2005.

And I'm joining the fantasy league. Team name: We Never Walk Alone

/YNWA

City going mad with their signings. They signed Tevez and Adebayor yesterday. They just need to sort out some better defenders.

City going mad with their signings. They signed Tevez and Adebayor yesterday. They just need to sort out some better defenders.

They still won't win a thing. :mrgreen:

PS. Scousers steal hubcaps and rob their player's houses.

They still won't win a thing. :mrgreen:

PS. Scousers steal hubcaps and rob their player's houses.

My response to that:

Security systems are in place in the rest of England, why can't they be at the player's houses???

They're athletes, not rocket scientists. That's why.

With the opening round of games coming this weekend, let's start with some predictions for the weekend and for the season.

1) Who will finish in the top 7 on the EPL and play in Europe in 2010-11? You must place them in order of finish.

2) Who will finish in the bottom 3 and be relegated?

3) How will the 3 promoted clubs do this year? The teams are Wolverhampton, Birmingham City, and Burnley.

4) Which club will be the highest scoring team in the EPL? Note: Liverpool was the most offensive team last year with 77 goals to Man Utd's 68 (tied with Chelsea and Arsenal)

5) Which player will score the most goals?

6) Will any EPL team win a trophy in Europe this season? If so, who?

Finally, pick the winners from this week's matches. If you think it will be a draw, go ahead and say so.
(start times listed are UK time, home teams listed first)

Saturday
Chelsea v Hull City (12:45p)
Aston Villa v Wigan (3:00p)
Blackburn Rovers v Manchester City (3p)
Bolton v Sunderland (3p)
Portsmouth v Fulham (3p)
Stoke City v Burnley (3p)
Wolverhampton v West Ham (3p)
Everton v Arsenal (5:30p)

Sunday
Manchester United v Birmingham City (1:30p)
Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool (4p)

---
My answers

1) 1- Liverpool, 2- Man Utd, 3- Chelsea, 4- Arsenal, 5- Man City, 6- Everton, 7- Fulham

2) Burnley, Birmingham City, Hull City

3) Burnley and Birmingham City will drop, Wolves will just miss the drop.

4) Liverpool because they now have the best duo of scorers in the EPL in Torres and Gerrard.

5) After throwing darts at a board, I pick Robinho of Man City.

6) No, I don't think an European trophy is coming to England this season.

For the week's games

Saturday
Chelsea v Hull City (12:45p)- Chelsea
Aston Villa v Wigan (3:00p)- Aston Villa
Blackburn Rovers v Manchester City (3p)- Man City
Bolton v Sunderland (3p)- Draw
Portsmouth v Fulham (3p)- Fulham
Stoke City v Burnley (3p)- Draw
Wolverhampton v West Ham (3p)- West Ham
Everton v Arsenal (5:30p)- Draw

Sunday
Manchester United v Birmingham City (1:30p)- Man Utd
Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool (4p)- Liverpool

With the opening round of games coming this weekend, let's start with some predictions for the weekend and for the season.

1) Who will finish in the top 7 on the EPL and play in Europe in 2010-11? You must place them in order of finish.

2) Who will finish in the bottom 3 and be relegated?

3) How will the 3 promoted clubs do this year? The teams are Wolverhampton, Birmingham City, and Burnley.

4) Which club will be the highest scoring team in the EPL? Note: Liverpool was the most offensive team last year with 77 goals to Man Utd's 68 (tied with Chelsea and Arsenal)

1. Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Manchester City, Villa.

2. Burnley, Wolves and Stoke.

3. Two down, Birmingham mid table.

4. Manchester United

5. Drogba

6. Liverpool will win the Europa.

1.) Chelsea, Man utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man city, Everton, Aston Villa.
2.) Burnley, Stoke, Hull.
3.) Burnley gone. Birmingham and Wolves surviving.
4.) Chelsea.
5.) Drogba or Anelka.
6.) Chelsea, UCL.

Chelsea
Aston Villa
Man city
Bolton
Fulham
Stoke
West Ham
Arsenal
Man utd
Liverpool

Oi! Stop tipping my beloved Clarets to be relegated. Because we've got... we'll... er...

You'll see. You'll all see.

Actually, being serious for a moment, I do believe we can stay up. We'll concede a lot, but we'll score some I hope. We'll have few points after our first five games (we face Everton, Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool) but, you never know.

Mainly, though, I'm just happy to see my team in the Premiership, a league that was created to keep clubs like us out.

1. Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Everton, Fulham.
2. Stoke, Hull, Birmingham
3. Wolves end up 12-14th, Burnley just avoid the drop, Birmingham goes down.
4. Liverpool
5. Andrei Arshavin continues his dominant form and barely ekes out the title over Torres.
6. Everton wins the Europa League, Arsenal wins the CL.

Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Villa, Everton & West Ham

2) Who will finish in the bottom 3 and be relegated? Hull, Wolves & Burnley

Badly, Birmingham will probably scrape in at 4th bottom.

Liverpool

Torres

Champions League, probably not again. Europa League, who knows it?s new something strange may happen!

Finally, pick the winners from this week's matches. If you think it will be a draw, go ahead and say so.
(start times listed are UK time, home teams listed first)

Saturday Bold = win
Chelsea v Hull City (12:45p)
Aston Villa v Wigan (3:00p)
Blackburn Rovers v Manchester City (3p) Draw
Bolton v Sunderland (3p) Draw
Portsmouth v Fulham (3p) Draw
Stoke City v Burnley (3p) Draw
Wolverhampton v West Ham (3p)
Everton v Arsenal (5:30p) Draw

Sunday
Manchester United v Birmingham City (1:30p)
Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool (4p)

Saturday's results (I missed all the games due to work, so I haven't seen much of anything from today's games)

Chelsea 2-1 Hull City- Drogba is very good, he just needs more commitment when he plays
Aston Villa 0-2 Wigan- WTF? Where the hell did that result come from?
Blackburn 0-2 Man City- Not a surprise
Bolton 0-1 Sunderland- Darren Bent the scorer, how is he not on a bigger team? He's not good enough the biggest clubs, but a team contending for a Europa League spot could use him
Portsmouth 0-1 Fulham
Stoke 2-0 Burnley- I think this will be a common result: Burnley scoring naught.
Wolverhampton 0-2 West Ham- No shock here
Everton 1-6 Arsenal- Did Everton actually show up in this match? They didn't score until the 90'. Really unhappy about the result because Everton's keeper is the US national team keeper (I always want the Americans to do well unless they're playing against Liverpool)

Aston Villa 0-2 Wigan- WTF? Where the hell did that result come from?

I wouldn't say it is actually that surprising. Villa were playing badly towards the end of last season and they've lost some key names over the summer. Wigan were playing well and they have built up quite nicely over the summer.

Stoke 2-0 Burnley- I think this will be a common result: Burnley scoring naught.

As a Claret, I take offence to that, because there will be plenty of twos in the debit column, rather than noughts in the credit column.

The opening five fixtures for Burnley are as bad as they get. Few clubs went to Stoke last season and got a point. Then we have Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton next up. Four of the top five, and after yesterday, the one who was fifth will now have something to prove to their fans. :(

OTOH, we had one point from the opening five last year (conceding 7 goals in the first two matches) and look how that turned out.

Last edited:
Bolton 0-1 Sunderland- Darren Bent the scorer, how is he not on a bigger team? He's not good enough the biggest clubs, but a team contending for a Europa League spot could use him

Because Harry Redknapp didn't buy him. 'Arry never plays players he didn't buy, because he doesn't get a cut of the transfer fee in a brown envelope likes building his own squads.

And after 'Arry spends ?30 million on players, he then complains to his mates in the Press that he "needs more players" and "the chairman won't back him with his wallet".

The last three clubs 'Arry has left suffered financial trouble thanks to large squads being paid stupid money to sit around on the bench. Coincidence or magic?

The opening five fixtures for Burnley are as bad as they get. Few clubs went to Stoke last season and got a point. Then we have Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton next up. Four of the top five, and after yesterday, the one who was fifth will now have something to prove to their fans. :(

OTOH, we had one point from the opening five last year (conceding 7 goals in the first two matches) and look how that turned out.

I agree, that is a horrid opening 5 matches. I would say this was probably your best chance to get a point out of this opening stretch, but after Everton shit all over themselves yesterday I'm not too sure.

Because Harry Redknapp didn't buy him. 'Arry never plays players he didn't buy, because he doesn't get a cut of the transfer fee in a brown envelope likes building his own squads.

And after 'Arry spends ?30 million on players, he then complains to his mates in the Press that he "needs more players" and "the chairman won't back him with his wallet".

The last three clubs 'Arry has left suffered financial trouble thanks to large squads being paid stupid money to sit around on the bench. Coincidence or magic?

Harry does overvalue players greatly. Hopefully, Liverpool can make 'Arry spend another 20 million pounds on a benchwarmer, but they're losing to Spurs 1-0 at the half.