EPL 2009/2010

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool- horrid play by the Reds, horrid officiating too.
Man Utd 1-0 Birmingham City

Arsenal starts the season in rude form. We're here to play, and I know what I'll be chanting every time I watch the shitizens play: You can't buy chemistry, you can't buy chemistry, you can't buy chemistry, you can't buy chemistry (repeat).

Oh and having cesc as my fantasy team captain paid some nice dividends this week. Two goals and two assists.

In another forum I'm a part of, a Man Utd fan said the officials were shit. If he's saying they were shit, then they were shit and that's the end of it!

I didn't realise you knew someone who had the definitive answer on these matters. I apologise.
I don't think Vorinin was fouled, it was a shoulder charge which is legal. Usually these days shoulder charges are given as fouls but that doesn't change the fact that they are legal. The hand ball was ball to hand, not the other way around.

We'll have to wait for Rafa and his Big Book of Facts to give us the definite judgement.

Listen, I'm not saying Liverpool deserved to win that game because they didn't. They were flat. The only guy who wasn't flat was Gerrard. They played poorly and they deserved nothing more than a loss. I just think the officials were poor too.

1)
Finally, pick the winners from this week's matches. If you think it will be a draw, go ahead and say so.
(start times listed are UK time, home teams listed first)

Saturday Bold = win
Chelsea v Hull City (12:45p)
Aston Villa v Wigan (3:00p)
Blackburn Rovers v Manchester City (3p) Draw
Bolton v Sunderland (3p) Draw
Portsmouth v Fulham (3p) Draw
Stoke City v Burnley (3p) Draw
Wolverhampton v West Ham (3p)
Everton v Arsenal (5:30p) Draw

Sunday
Manchester United v Birmingham City (1:30p)
Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool (4p)

Well I got 3 from 10 matches correct, I have had a bad off season. :?
Villa & Everton were woeful, also two of my second group for finish places.
Slip up by Liverpool, they'll miss Alonso as will Villa miss Gar-Bar. :(

.. and tonight's results:
Tuesday, 18 August 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunderland 1-3 Chelsea

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wigan 0-1 Wolverhampton

BBC Sport EPL Results

(Jon will be :))

Wednesday
Birmingham v Portsmouth
Burnley v Man Utd
Hull v Tottenham
Liverpool v Stoke
Saturday
Arsenal v Portsmouth
Birmingham v Stoke
Hull v Bolton
Man City v Wolverhampton
Sunderland v Blackburn
Wigan v Man Utd
Sunday
Burnley v Everton
Fulham v Chelsea
West Ham v Tottenham
Monday
Liverpool v. Aston Villa

Last edited:
Wednesday
Burnley v Man Utd

Well, you and the rest of the world got that one wrong.

*does the ecstatically happy dance*

I just don't believe it. I'm going to record MOTD and check to see that it actually happened.

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]50INxsN8cyM[/YOUTUBE]

I live and work in Manchester. I'm going to milk this one for years.

:lol::dance:

(Note: this post was delayed due to my wireless internet's continued hatred for the FG forums)

Bloody hell, did that really happen!?!?!?!? Burnley!? Beating Manchester United!?

To say I'm shocked would be the understatement of the century.

And what a goal to beat them on! A moment of sheer brillance and just a bit of luck, let's be honest. Absolutely amazing.

And let's not forget the keeper Jensen. From everything I've read (I only watched the last 5 minutes of the match on my computer since I was watching Liverpool beat Stoke City 4-0), he had to work really hard to keep the shutout.

As the saying goes: And that's why they play the games.

(I'll post the weekend's fixtures tomorrow for predictions).

[YOUTUBE]50INxsN8cyM[/YOUTUBE]

I live and work in Manchester. I'm going to milk this one for years.

Don't confuse my prediction of that not happening with me not wanting it to happen. I harbor a hatred of Manchester United that rivals the sun's intensity during solar flare season. "Why?" you may ask, as I'm a gunners fan and there's not as much of a clear-cut rivalry there. The answer takes the form of a little story...

My freshman year of college, my suitemate was a big Man U fan. At that time, I was a bit of a soccer agnostic, so I didn't know whether I would end up rooting for them. The events of the first month or so of school changed that neatly. My red devils-supporting (and CR7-loving) roommate singlehandedly made our room into a shitsty by leaving his trash and half-empty beers everywhere, refused to help clean up, caused a small fire in our microwave and was just a sloppy pig. Yeah, you might think that's minor offense, but there was another thing. Namely that he pretty much swooped in and stole the girl I'd been trying to date right out from under me, fucking her multiple times a day and then leaving his used rubbers everywhere. Not to mention the fact that he treated her like shit. He keeps this up all year and then cheats on her and dumps her in favor of a new girl. This kinda made me hate all of his annoying little habits, like drinking patron, sitting in bed all day and supporting Manchester United. The fact that they lost to Burnley singlehandedly made my day. And while Cristiano Ronaldo's departure has robbed me of my favorite object of hatred, I still can't stand them.

So everyone, do me a favor and sing along.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca63cGbsT_M[/YOUTUBE]

Plus a bonus video showing definitively that City plays at Middle Eastlands
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzxB3-JcfDA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

For the 2nd weekend of matches

All matches start at 3:00p British time, 10:00am US EDT unless noted, my predictions in Bold

Saturday
Arsenal v Portsmouth
Birmingham City v Stoke City- draw
Hull City v Bolton
Manchester City v Wolverhampton
Sunderland v Blackburn
Wigan v Manchester United- draw

Sunday
West Ham v Tottenham (1:30 UK, 8:30a US)- Spurs are starting to scare me with their offense
Burnley v Everton- I reserve to change my mind based on Everton's Europa League result later today
Fulham v Chelsea (4:00 UK, 11:00am US)

Monday
Liverpool v Aston Villa (8:00p UK, 3:00p US)

Saturday, 22 August 2009
Arsenal v Portsmouth
Birmingham v Stoke, draw
Hull v Bolton
Man City v Wolverhampton
Sunderland v Blackburn
Wigan v Man Utd

Sunday, 23 August 2009
Burnley v Everton
Fulham v Chelsea
West Ham v Tottenham, draw maybe, exciting game definately!

Monday, 24 August 2009
Liverpool v Aston Villa

Last edited:
Burnley win again.

Either Everton sucks this year or Burnley are really, really confident at home.

The weekend's results

Arsenal 4-1 Portsmouth
Birmingham 0-0 Stoke
Hull City 1-0 Bolton
Sunderland 2-1 Blackburn
Manchester City 1-0 Wolverhampton
Wigan 0-5 Manchester United

West Ham 1-2 Tottenham
Burnley 1-0 Everton
Fulham 0-2 Chelsea

Liverpool hosts Aston Villa Monday night

Everton have just sold Lescott. They now only have one recognised centre-back fit. They really need to buy somebody and fast.