2010 NBA Free Agent Frenzy

teletubby-warrior

Da Superfan
I've been glued to my TV and computer for what seems like forever and it looks like it'll all finally begin to settle soon:

LeBron is going to announce his decision Thursday night at 9pm ET on ESPN.

I'm not sure I agree with how he's going about this, but if he comes to the Bulls, all will be forgiven. :p

In all seriousness, this free agent period can really take off in the coming days, yet I fear it may become a massive disappointment as well. Expectations have been raised in multiple cities and someone's going to end up with much less than they've been anticipating for a long time. I've always been cautiously optimistic about the Bulls getting one of the top 3, and I feel as if they've done everything right and are going to improve one way or another. However, all these reports are making me sick and I honestly have no idea what to think anymore. There are so many questions...

Is LeBron just pulling everyone's dick and staying in the basketball hell that is Cleveland?
What the hell is Wade going to do if he doesn't get Bosh? *cough* comehome *cough*
Which city will Bosh be twittering from next year?
How the hell did Amare and JJ get so much money? (Rhetorical question, it's beyond explanation.)
Who scoops up Boozer first?
Blah
Blah
Blah

I would love to be that rich and still have people kiss my ass for the privilege of making me richer. Life's good eh?

btw: lebron to chitown

Well, Bosh is going to Miami and Wade is staying put! :D

Now my Bosh jersey is out of date, heh. I imagine Le Bron going to Chicago.

I wonder if we'll have anything to cheer for in Toronto sports. No, I guess we don't.

Last edited:
I would love to be that rich and still have people kiss my ass for the privilege of making me richer. Life's good eh?

btw: lebron to chitown
Where the hell have you been? Long time, no see!

Anyway, I woke up today to the news of Bosh joining Wade in Miami and was instantly pissed off, but I'm alright now. Luckily, the Bulls just signed Boozer at 5yr/80mil. We absolutely needed to get Boozer after Wade and Bosh committed, so I'm not completely suicidal. :)

*continues praying for King Media Whore James*

Edit: Looks like Boozer's deal is closer to 5/75. Compared to what JJ, Amare, and Gay got, that's a great deal.

Last edited:
I say Lebron is either staying in Cleveland, making another "big 3" in Miami (unlikely), or going to New York.

He won't, so don't lose sleep over it. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.
It appears that's the case, which is a shame from a purely basketball standpoint. That being said, I'm still cautiously optimistic. You couldn't think of a cheesier quote, btw? :p

I say Lebron is either staying in Cleveland, making another "big 3" in Miami (unlikely), or going to New York.
Who knows what he's after right now... the speculation is all over the place. He'll show his true colors tomorrow.

If LeBron doesn't stay in Cleveland, I have a feeling his "hour-long special" will just be a big "fuck you" to his hometown.

If LeBron doesn't stay in Cleveland, I have a feeling his "hour-long special" will just be a big "fuck you" to his hometown.

Good Cleveland fucked him by never getting the pieces around him he needed. Players should never have loyalty to a team, because in the end they will cut your ass for a younger guy who is cheaper with no hesitation.

Also Cleveland is a dump and should have that one bright spark taken away from them.

Oh nononono...It will be FOUR hours. Three of which will be Sportscenter.

He may be great, but he isn't that great.

Oh nononono...It will be FOUR hours. Three of which will be Sportscenter.

He may be great, but he isn't that great.
This has been a complete circus from the very beginning. Just when you think the modern media can't sink any lower, ESPN and countless journalists lower the bar once more.

Well, everything's pointing towards LeBron in Miami, which is awful. Simply, it's the cheap and easy way out, especially considering the circumstances. In my eyes, he's completely tarnishing his legacy by creating a superteam. Even without any semblance of a bench, LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Beasley/whoever they don't trade away instantly rival the Lakers. In most cases, creating a dynasty requires strong management and a massive amount of luck; this is just unsportsmanlike garbage. I'd love to see LeBron in a Bulls uniform, but in all honesty, I sincerely hope he stays in Cleveland.

I don't even know where to start... that interview.... so much bullshit. I can't imagine what Cleveland is feeling right now.

Well there goes the NBA. I've got a feeling I'm going to be a Lakers fan next year, and I hate the Lakers.
As hard as this is to say, I'm going to be cheering for the Lakers as well. Let's see what the Miami LeWadosh can do against a complete team. At least the Bulls are practically guaranteed the Central now... yay.

espn_u_boswadjam_576.jpg

Done deal.

In all honesty, I wanted him with the Bulls because that's the team that would have fitted Lebron very well. He joined Miami with Bosh and Wade because they all agreed that they want to win and that would be the best way TO win. :)

Next season will be a riot!!! :D:D:D

Last edited:
Unless they do something there are going to be some pretty terrible teams in the NBA next year (Toronto, Cleveland, New Jersey etc).

This pretty much eliminates any chance of Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavericks winning a title.

Well you could always root for the Kings... Tyreke Evans, Cousins, Omri Casspi, Beno Udrih and Samuel Dalembert? Say what you want about Lakers-Heat or Celtics-Heat, I don't care. I'm just hoping the kings make it back to the playoffs.

Well you could always root for the Kings... Tyreke Evans, Cousins, Omri Casspi, Beno Udrih and Samuel Dalembert? Say what you want about Lakers-Heat or Celtics-Heat, I don't care. I'm just hoping the kings make it back to the playoffs.
Evans/Cousins is certainly a good start. :)

Edit: Dan Gilbert rips LeBron In open letter to Cavs fans.

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ?KING? WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....
Wow.

Last edited:

Aren't you guys getting Turkoglu as well?