Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steinbrenner is dead

Died of a massive heart attack at his Tampa home this morning

RIP George, he single-handedly changed the world of baseball.
    "That said, I believe going forward that the world is going to be full of these nasty, difficult, unclear conflicts that are going to be energized by poverty, by stateless borders, and by the proliferation of state-like weapons in the hands of organizations that are not in and of themselves states. Typically in the past, these kinds of weapons could only be afforded by states, by countries. Now they will be used on battlefields by rebels, by rogue organizations, even by criminal gangs." - General James F. Amos, the 35th Commandant of the United States Marine Corps

Comment

Sad.

My 1988 Lancia Delta HF Turbo
      My 1991 Volvo 960 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by watisdis View Post
        RIP George, he single-handedly changed the world of baseball.
        yea, he did, not in a good way OMHO

Comment

Things never stay the same, the game would have changed with or with out him (eventually). He just had enough gall and vision to do it before anyone else. Was it for the better or worse? Points can be made for either way IMO. Nevertheless, Rest In Peace.
          "That said, I believe going forward that the world is going to be full of these nasty, difficult, unclear conflicts that are going to be energized by poverty, by stateless borders, and by the proliferation of state-like weapons in the hands of organizations that are not in and of themselves states. Typically in the past, these kinds of weapons could only be afforded by states, by countries. Now they will be used on battlefields by rebels, by rogue organizations, even by criminal gangs." - General James F. Amos, the 35th Commandant of the United States Marine Corps

Comment

He certainly may not have been well liked by everyone, but he was one the best sports owners around.

Comment

he owned a monopoly. he bullied small market teams. he had way to much power and his kids are just as bad.
              __________________________________________________________________

Comment

I love how when someone dies they get revered. If you are an asshole in life, I think you're an asshole dead. Steinbrenner iwas a douche owner surpassing even Jerry Jones.

Comment

From The Onion:

George Steinbrenner Dead After Firing Underperforming Heart

Comment

Who was that guy?
                    OOOO
                    Vorsprung durch Technik!

Comment

Originally posted by RaptorJesus View Post
                      I love how when someone dies they get revered. If you are an asshole in life, I think you're an asshole dead. Steinbrenner iwas a douche owner surpassing even Jerry Jones.
                      yea, im getting alot of flack for calling him a dick even after he is dead. he was a dirty businessman and im glad he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sik Pony View Post
                        yea, im getting alot of flack for calling him a dick even after he is dead. he was a dirty businessman and im glad he is gone.
                        i miss him, i think his business embodied the american spirit and i think his attitude is what this country is missing not just in sports but in everything. also even if u hated the person u should never speak ill of the dead

Soundcloud - Andrew Murray Music
                        Twitter - @andrewmurrrayy

Comment

Originally posted by xmurrx View Post
                          i miss him, i think his business embodied the american spirit and i think his attitude is what this country is missing not just in sports but in everything. also even if u hated the person u should never speak ill of the dead
                          why not? its not like i gained respect for him because he died.

Comment

Working...
                          X