No announcement yet.

NHL '10-'11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm cheering for Detroit Red Wings and I'm pretty confident of this season. Favorite players in the team are Valtteri Filppula and Pavel Datsyuk. It's sad that most of the matches are played at 2AM (local time) but hopefully i'll be able to watch few matches.

Comment

What is your team?
      Pittsburgh Penguins

What big moves (and bad moves) did they make this offseason?
      Good:
      Got Asham and Michalek. Their talents help round out the team.
      Lots of great talent acquired for the Baby Pens that can step up to the NHL whenever needed.
      That new arena smell must be putting the players on another level.

Bad:
      Lost Guerin and Gonchar. Asham and Michalek help this out a bit, but whenever Gonchar gets going, it's tough to stop him.
      Staal out with that foot injury.
      Moving Malkin to the wing when he prefers center. Makes sense if Staal is around to center for him, but with Staal out, I'm sure Malkin's looking at center ice.

What is your prediction and why?
      Have the division clinched before the playoffs, get 4th seed or better, make it at least to the semi-finals. Why? We may have lost Gonchar and Guerin, but their play had started to suffer a bit with age, and the replacements are working fantastically for the team. We had a strong showing last year, and the team between then and now hasn't changed much where it counts. Plus we're hosting the Winter Classic this season, so the team is motivated to do better than ever.
      2013 Dodge Dart 1.4T Limited 6spd First car! 12/2012 -
      2013 FIAT 500 Pop Second/Girlfriend's Car! 03/2014 -
      2003 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab 10/2016 -

Comment

Originally posted by PelicanHazard View Post
        What is your team?
        Pittsburgh Penguins

What big moves (and bad moves) did they make this offseason?
        Good:
        Got Asham and Michalek. Their talents help round out the team.
        Lots of great talent acquired for the Baby Pens that can step up to the NHL whenever needed.
        That new arena smell must be putting the players on another level.

Bad:
        Lost Guerin and Gonchar. Asham and Michalek help this out a bit, but whenever Gonchar gets going, it's tough to stop him.
        Staal out with that foot injury.
        Moving Malkin to the wing when he prefers center. Makes sense if Staal is around to center for him, but with Staal out, I'm sure Malkin's looking at center ice.

What is your prediction and why?
        Have the division clinched before the playoffs, get 4th seed or better, make it at least to the semi-finals. Why? We may have lost Gonchar and Guerin, but their play had started to suffer a bit with age, and the replacements are working fantastically for the team. We had a strong showing last year, and the team between then and now hasn't changed much where it counts. Plus we're hosting the Winter Classic this season, so the team is motivated to do better than ever.
        Also (i have to say it) it doesnt hurt when the Commish is sleeping with your star player. everyone knows cindy...i mean sidney takes it from gary!

Comment

Predators trade Parent and Andersson for 'Nucks O'Brien and Gendur.

Oh boy. From what I've heard, new captain Shea Weber is going to have his hands full with O'Brien's on- and off-ice issues. Also, I think it was a mistake trading Parent, but we'll see how the season progresses.

Comment

My new captain is boning Elisha Cuthbert.

nuff said

Comment

I will gladly trade O'Brien for your captain's bedmate. I'll even let her play defense.

Comment

Originally posted by racingfan1 View Post
                Predators trade Parent and Andersson for 'Nucks O'Brien and Gendur.

Oh boy. From what I've heard, new captain Shea Weber is going to have his hands full with O'Brien's on- and off-ice issues. Also, I think it was a mistake trading Parent, but we'll see how the season progresses.
                you, welcome to O'Brian. you will have fun (if you can call it that) with him! lol

so, season kicks off today with some overseas crap to get it going. should be fun!!!
                __________________________________________________________________

Comment

It appears Ian Laperriere may need to retire. Almost definate he won't play this season. Bummer, I liked him.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...etirement.html

Note, this isn't because of post-concussion syndrome, but optical nerve damage after taking a puck to the face.
                  When you say that we're all assholes,
                  Guess it'd be useless to deny
                  I'm just saying, you're the reason why

Comment

I root for Detroit, partially because of my hatred for the state that borders WI from the west.

I'm glad to have NHL Network on my dish, because it means I can watch Hockey Night in Canada. Well, at least the first game.
                    "I haven't got a carbon footprint. I drive everywhere!"
                    ---JC

?We three kings of Orient are, one in a Vauxhall, two in sports cars...?
                    ---JM

Comment

UH-OHHH!

Looks like my Leafs are off to a good start!

Comment

Hell of an effort Giggy made at the end of the game. That was awesome!

Comment

Damn it, when the Pens opened the Civic Arena and lost, it took them 30 years to win a Cup...

I wouldn't mind so much if it hadn't been against the Flyers. The Flyers! I'm sure there are elements in Pittsburgh that would like to hop on the Turnpike East and lay siege to the bad side of the state over this.

Comment

Just a heads-up if you don't already know, if you're on Dish Network and want to watch the Fox Sports broadcasts, you're out of luck. This article gives a list of what stations are affected. It's on a Predators blog so if anyone has a less team-centric article, post it up.

Comment

Go Wings. Although I am still not liking Betuzzi being there.

Off to a good start too.
                              "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

"No man's life, liberty or happiness are safe while Congress is in session,"- Mark Twain

Comment

NHL.com is offering free trials of their gamecentre until the end of October. Watch any game, any time

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck View Post
                                  NHL.com is offering free trials* of their gamecentre until the end of October. Watch any game, any time
                                  *valid only in Canada.

Comment

Hmmm, Tampa is 3-0. Im excited, they look good and they will only get better. opinions?
                                    __________________________________________________________________

Comment

The Leafs are 4-0? What the...
                                      The Blog of Cars

Comment

Yeah, baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Evel View Post
                                          The Leafs are 4-0? What the...
                                          This is exciting a friend of mine who roots for both the Leafs and Pens.

Related: Pens finally got a win in the Consoliseum! Now to get back up to the top of the division...

Comment

Working...
                                          X