NHL '10-'11

DubyaStep

Tampa, Florida but now in Casselberry for school
Car(s)
Ford Thundercougarfalconbird
Its that time!!!

Ok, so i know MY teams (Tampa Bay) training camp starts this weekend and for me that officially "starts" hockey season. We have made some historic signings and changes this offseason. i am very excited and i am predicting a playoff run so:

What is your team?

What big moves (and bad moves) did they make this offseason?

What is your prediction and why?

Ill start!

What is your team?
The Tampa Bay Lightning

Nothing but good for us, i mean bad would have been impossible after lest season
Hired Steve Yserman as GM/VP
Hired entire new coaching staff led by Guy Bouche
Resigned Martin St. Louis and Steve Downie (and more)
Aquired Simon Gagne and Dan Ellis(G)
Got rid of Alex Tanguay and Nittimaki and traded off Mezaros(<_<)

The guys have something they havnt had in 3 or 4 years, confidence. i feel confidence alone will win games for a team. when you have faith in your coaches as well as the front office and you have players like Lecavelier, St. Louis, Stamkos, Gagne, Malone, Downie and Mike Smith and a very deep minor league system to pick from then to me thats a great recipe for sucess. i just KNOW we will make a great run this year. for the first time since 2004, everyone, even the fans seem happy.

You need to hit the Report button, bottom left hand of the screen, the triangle.
Write a wee note explaining what you need.
Then one of the very nice Mods will BAN you move your Thread.
:)

Last edited:
What is your team?
Nashville Predators

Finally got rid of Jason Arnott.
Shea Weber made captain.
Re-signed Patric Hornqvist.

As for bad moves, the only ones that stick out are not re-signing Grebeshkov or Hamhuis, but I feel they have enough depth that their loss is negligible at worst.

I predict a fairly strong showing this year, with a 4 or 5 seed in the playoffs. I also feel this year is the best chance to break that round 1 curse. IF they can make it past round 1, I feel they can take it all the way.

Flyers. Big moves are O'Donnell and Mezarosz, should improve our blueline depth and take some of the load off of the top 4 (in the playoffs, top 4 averaged 22-30 mins each). I still have hopes ryan parent will develop into a solid player, but Flyers don't have the time nor patience for that right now, so he was jettisoned. Simon Gagne will be a big loss, but hopefully Zherdev isn't as big of an asshat as everyone in the world says he is.

I hope they will show some more consistency, starting off with Laviolette at the helm. I'm still worried about the goaltending. Pronger is old, Timonen has a lot of miles on him now, Coburn isn't all that consistent and was quite disappointing last season. If Richards and Carter can lead the offense, the defense finds itself, I still only see 7th in the east, bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Just too many questions.

My team is also Tampa Bay but you won't like the reason.

Fillip Kuba (Ott) is out for a while, broke his leg when he caught his skate in a rut in the boards. that a shitty way to get hurt.

he will miss at least 6-8 weeks

None needed. I'm the oddball in these parts.

Ottawa Senators.

Funny story: I had a friend in college who had a certain preference towards the more "full figured" females on campus...his nickname...Hartford. :lol:

Hartford-Whalers.jpg

Nashville and Detroit are going to make it hard. It's another good year to be a fan in the central division.

there is a central division? just kidding, i think the southeast will be a three way fight. atlanta is a sleeper (gee, thanks chicago)