NHL '10-'11

I personally think he should be gone. I think he is stupid for keeping Pheonix where they are.

I think he is caterting to the wrong market. I think there should be atleast 1 more NHL team in Canada. The statistics have proven that Canada is the where the market is. the top 4 teams for sellouts are Canadian.

Thats just my opinoin. I think down in the southern states the market isnt as good as up north.

Source on the sellouts.

As much as I hear Canadians calling for another team, they lost teams because there was not enough support for them(Winipeg, Quebec). While there is the same problem in Pheonix now, to a much smaller degree, I don't see an advantage to moving them back to Winnipeg to try again.

Short-term (<5 years) advantage would be huge. Long-term they'd end up exactly where the other teams did.

re:southern markets

If the NHL played during the summer, it'd be huge. Spend a few hours during a hot, humid summer day in a semi-cold arena? Yes, please. As it is, it goes up against the NFL until mid-February. A look at Nashville's ticket sales will show many more sell-outs after the Titans stop playing.

The Red Wings put an end to the Caps winning streak(9).

Source on the sellouts.

As much as I hear Canadians calling for another team, they lost teams because there was not enough support for them(Winipeg, Quebec). While there is the same problem in Pheonix now, to a much smaller degree, I don't see an advantage to moving them back to Winnipeg to try again.

how much of the was fan support and how much was that gary trying to move into new markets. the only move i agree with was Hartford (i know its not canada) but i didnt like where they moved them to. now i see that it worked.

i hate that they moved a canadian team to a place that its just not working, instead of this fight just move them back. he just needs to quit trying to force it to work.

on a side note, i would really love to see a team in alaska, maybe name them the Eskimos? ;) (they would have to play outside with wood boards)

Speaking of the Predators and Weber.

Jumping back on the whole moving-teams-to-Canada thing the #1 destination should be Hamilton, Ontario. It's a dump of a city, but if they want guaranteed success there's nowhere better. Hundreds of thousands of hockey fans nearby and millions more an hour out of the city by highway. It wouldn't cannibalize from Toronto Maple Leaf fans because Toronto has SO MANY fans already. Hell, the city of Toronto could support two NHL teams itself.

Might hurt Buffalo a bit.

Well the playoff's are almost upon us, so it's time for the team Avatar.

Unfortunately my Leafs are all but mathematically eliminated now. :(
Over the the past few years I've become a fair-weather Canucks fan however to keep the playoffs interesting.

Well the playoff's are almost upon us, so it's time for the team Avatar.

Unfortunately my Leafs are all but mathematically eliminated now. :(
Over the the past few years I've become a fair-weather Canucks fan however to keep the playoffs interesting.

atleast you admit to bandwagons!

Sometimes I wish I lived further west so I could watch the Western Conference games without staying up too late...the East already has half the playoff teams set and only Vancouver clinched a postseason spot.

Staying up too late? most are starting at 9:30 now.
Oh are you one of our "middle-aged" members?

I'm a young'un who needs to get up at 8 every day and fails to do so with less than 8 hours of sleep.

I've stayed up before when the Pens visited Pacific division teams, but I always pay for it the next day.

Not that long ago we used to be able to watch a ton more games, I miss that.

And the league won't be suspending Bertuzzi. Not sure if I like that.

Jumping back on the whole moving-teams-to-Canada thing the #1 destination should be Hamilton, Ontario. It's a dump of a city, but if they want guaranteed success there's nowhere better. Hundreds of thousands of hockey fans nearby and millions more an hour out of the city by highway. It wouldn't cannibalize from Toronto Maple Leaf fans because Toronto has SO MANY fans already. Hell, the city of Toronto could support two NHL teams itself.

I agree that would be awesome. Hell, I'd drive over there to catch a game or two. If Hamilton does get a team, I don't see the Leafs suffering too much. The Leafs will always be the NHL's top cash cow. Although, I'm not too sure about the Sabres. But after Balsille's attempts to force his way into the NHL, I don't see this happening anytime soon (especially if Toronto and Buffalo have anything to say about it). Winnipeg and Quebec City will get their teams back before Hamilton does IMO.

That said, I do like Vancouver's chances this year. Here's hoping they go all the way! Go Canucks Go!

Last edited:
Yes, the Red Wings lost to the Blues, 3-10.

Yes, the Red Wings lost to the Blues, 3-10.

That was embarrassing. Losing by the Blues is embarrassing enough, but to let them score 10 times! Double-digits!?!?!

Wings haters have Toronto's Lupul to thank for injuring Howard haha

Tampa is in after putting down the sick little penguins. Just goes to show that it dont matter how many bandwagon fans you have in a city you will still get beat. deal with it.