2011 MLB Regular Season

wait...what the crap happened to big z?
- Gave up a ton of HRs.
- Melted down for the 546th time.
- Threw at Chipper.
- Went back into the clubhouse and took off his uniform.
- Told teammates and FO he was retiring and left in the middle of the game.
- Was placed on the 30-day disqualified list.
- Changed his mind.
- Is now apologizing, blah, blah, blah.

In other words:

He's just being himself. :dunno:

I can't take it anymore. :cry:

It was nice knowing him.....well sorta. I used to really like him, but he just gets more looney every year. It'll be interesting to see what happens. Maybe he should go pitch for Ozzie since they're such good buds :p.

<--- still #1

I was doing pretty well until my entire infield landed on the DL.

O's won their third game in a row tonight against the Twins (first road series win in months), but it ends on a sour note as former Orioles pitcher and Cy Young winner Mike Flanagan was found dead at his home earlier this evening. :(

ESPN said:
Former Orioles pitcher Mike Flanagan was found dead on his property in Baltimore County, Maryland, on Wednesday afternoon, the Baltimore Sun reported, citing team sources.

Police received a 911 call at 4:26 p.m. about a suspicious death in the 15000 block of York Road in Sparks, a Baltimore County police spokeswoman confirmed to the Sun.

Officers found a man's body on a trail leading to a barn, the spokeswoman said.

Police did not confirm the identity of the body and said the investigation was continuing. Sources told the Sun the body was Flanagan's.

"It is with deep sadness that I learned of the death of my friend Mike Flanagan earlier this evening," said Orioles managing partner Peter Angelos.

"In over a quarter century with the organization, Flanny became an integral part of the Orioles family, for his accomplishments both on and off the field. His loss will be felt deeply and profoundly by all of us with the ballclub and by Orioles fans everywhere who admired him. On behalf of the club I extend my condolences to his wife, Alex; and daughters Kerry, Kathryn and Kendall."

Flanagan, 59, worked as a color analyst for the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network. He pitched in 18 major league seasons, including 15 in Baltimore, where he won the World Series in 1983.

Flanagan won the American League Cy Young Award in 1979.

If this report is true, it makes this story even more tragic:
Police did not immediately identify the cause of death, but sources confirmed that Flanagan took his own life "despondent over what he considered a false perception from a community he loved of his role in the team's prolonged failure."

Edit: It's been confirmed that Flanny committed suicide, allegedly because of "financial issues." :( RIP.

Last edited:
On a lighter note, Verlander just won #20. I don't put much stock into wins, but this has been a historically great season.

Also, as I already mentioned to skidd, Tulo will carry my team to the title in September. :p

From August 27:

[video=youtube;e-K_HUO3pak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-K_HUO3pak&feature=related[/video]

You've got to be kidding me!

The guy who filled the last spot in the fantasy league is an ass-hat and dropped Pujols... and skidd, you slimy bastard - you picked him up! Upton wasn't enough of a steal? HAVE YOU NO SHAME, SIR!?!

I though we were cool, brah. :p

Last edited:
I was like 8th in the waiver order, that means 7 other people could have picked him up before I did. No one else picked him up.

I was like 8th in the waiver order, that means 7 other people could have picked him up before I did. No one else picked him up.
I'd like to think the 7 people ahead of you didn't pick him up because they're honorable competitors, but they probably just didn't notice... :p

Last edited:
The Cardinals are 2 games behind the Nationals for most blown saves in the majors... or only 1 game, depending on if tonight's travesty is reflected on the MLB website. I'm confident our relief squad can take that top spot in 15 games, given that we're averaging a blown save every 5.65 games.

It really is time for Bud Selig to go.

Not really a fan of baseball but I got a chuckle out of the red sox not making it into the playoffs after having a big lead in the wildcard hunt.

the Tampa Bay Rays fans would like to thank Carl Crawford for his wonderful contribution to the rays win last night.